Ques's regarding stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheeks

The Fly
This was the first time in 25 years I was unable to see U2 - my wife was in a major car accident a couple of mos back and felt my priority was being with her vs. a concert.

Anyways, my questions are this:
1) Where is the best place to view the show? With having the 2 stages it seems like the Red Zone is the best bet.

2) Any talk of a 3rd leg in North America?

This was the first time in 25 years I was unable to see U2 - my wife was in a major car accident a couple of mos back and felt my priority was being with her vs. a concert.

Anyways, my questions are this:
1) Where is the best place to view the show? With having the 2 stages it seems like the Red Zone is the best bet.

2) Any talk of a 3rd leg in North America?

I don't think red zone is the best bet...people with regular GA tickets are showing up as the doors open and getting spots two or three people deep from the b stage, or not too far back from the main stage. As I think other people have outlined anecdotally, lines are not as bad as they were on previous tours. Arrived at about 3:30 pm yesterday, lined up for north side (adam's side) and got a rail spot at the main stage. People that walked in at about 6 pm were just two or three people behind me.

I don't think red zone is the best bet...people with regular GA tickets are showing up as the doors open and getting spots two or three people deep from the b stage, or not too far back from the main stage. As I think other people have outlined anecdotally, lines are not as bad as they were on previous tours. Arrived at about 3:30 pm yesterday, lined up for north side (adam's side) and got a rail spot at the main stage. People that walked in at about 6 pm were just two or three people behind me.

That is soooo not like the 360 tour! I got into Rogers Centre at 4pm day of the show for the Red Zone and all rail spots were taken.
I am very surprised the lineups were not as bad.

That is soooo not like the 360 tour! I got into Rogers Centre at 4pm day of the show for the Red Zone and all rail spots were taken.
I am very surprised the lineups were not as bad.

because if you are on the rail at the I stage, you would miss a lot of what is going on. i would read up on the GA tips thread. it was very helpful and accurate.

I walked into GA less than five minutes before the band came on last night (after 8 pm) and was one person back from the rail in the middle of the catwalk immediately. I had no problem going anywhere and following the band back and forth between the stages as they moved around. I was on the rail at times, on the back rail while they were inside the screen, and everywhere in between as the mood struck me. I never once had an issue seeing anything other than when the douchenozzle standing right at the crick between the e stage and the catwalk insisted on holding up that "I PLAY GUITAR" sign every ten seconds. It was easy to move, though.

Don't bother lining up. Unless you have nothing else to do and people to hang out with it would be a total waste of time as you'll easily get just as good of a spot, if not better. You'd be better off drinking in a nearby bar till 7-7:30ish if that's your thing or killing time elsewhere, IMO.

Is the second half of the show all from the Experience stage or do they go back to the Innocence stage at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the show pretty much ends on the main stage. They are only on the e stage for a few songs. Bono ends up there on his own a few other times throughout the show.

Just did two of the Boston shows in GA. I'd take being closer to the smaller stage any day over the main one. About 25-30 feet up from the small stage on the catwalk is where Bono stops to sing quite a bit. He's on the catwalk a lot. It feels like a smaller club down at that stage, it's lower, and just great sight lines. They seems to split the time up pretty evenly, and bono comes down the catwalk quite a bit even if the rest of the band is back up on main.

Back
Top Bottom