Presale for added shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoovation

War Child
Hi,

Do you think that there will be a presale for the unannounced shows that will be added shortly?

Or do you think they will go on general sale immediately?

Tough to say. For 360 they did presales for some of the additional shows. For Vertigo in the US, they'd just add dates as the others sold out. I'm sorta betting on the latter.

I also bet on the latter. The shows will sell out within an hour, if not within minutes. For 360 it took them maybe an hour to sell 130.000 tickeets in A'dam. So imagine how fast they will sell 34.000 tickets...I bet that if shows will be added, they will be added immediately.

Also, every U2.com member had the opportunity to buy the tickets he or she wanted I guess?

I also bet on the latter. The shows will sell out within an hour, if not within minutes. For 360 it took them maybe an hour to sell 130.000 tickeets in A'dam. So imagine how fast they will sell 34.000 tickets...I bet that if shows will be added, they will be added immediately.

Also, every U2.com member had the opportunity to buy the tickets he or she wanted I guess?

I think we got a lot more in prior presales. Only 2 tix is kinda skimpy.

Really. How many did we get for 360. What about vertigo?

IIRC for Elevation and Vertigo we got four for each (whole) tour. For 360, I think we got four for the first legs and then I think we got four more for the later legs. Correct me if I am wrong on that. I have a feeling they may give us 2-4 more for the 2016 dates, when that happens.

I would think they will add more shows for Chicago also....cant see them running just four shows in a month.....

There are many Innocence members who didn't.

Sent from my ass crack

I am not 100% sure that they will be able to see all of those $300 seats.

There were a lot of those seats still available for the Forum shows during the "u2.com bundle" pre-sale that ended Saturday.

It will be interesting to see how many of those North American cities with dates reserved for extra pairs of shows (Los Angeles, Chicago, Toronto, Boston, and New York) will actually get extra pairs of shows.

I have to think Chicago for sure....only four dates in June.....I would think that wouldn't even cover costs to roll the trucks, stage, roadies, etc etc..As someone mentioned there are a lot of the $275 available and im sure they are hoping some of them get sold before they release the extra pairs of shows.

Im trying to do all the Chicago shows....limited budget.....wish I knew for sure they were going to add Chicago shows as Im tempted to grab nosebleed seats just to get in the building.....

Many other artists offer fan club presales for new shows. It sort of defeats the purpose of the subscriptions and lets the scalpers back in full force if they don't. LN would be giving up a lot of fan club revenue without presales.

I have to think Chicago for sure....only four dates in June.....I would think that wouldn't even cover costs to roll the trucks, stage, roadies, etc etc

UPS is the tour sponsor and covering a lot of the cost of logistics.

Many other artists offer fan club presales for new shows. It sort of defeats the purpose of the subscriptions and lets the scalpers back in full force if they don't. LN would be giving up a lot of fan club revenue without presales.

UPS is the tour sponsor and covering a lot of the cost of logistics.

On Vertigo they didn't...they just appeared during the first few minutes of the general sale. I think they're figuring that people who have codes have probably used them (wrong or not).

Vertigo tour was before the LN deal. There's a lot more emphasis on signing up new members, getting renewals, and selling fan club bundles now.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom