Presale codes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why is there no central control on used presalecodes? I used my code on Cologne I on eventim.de i can use the same code on ticketmaster.nl to buy tickets for Amsterdam III or IV. Should not bet to much problem to get al used codes back from the ticketcompany's?

Why is there no central control on used presalecodes? I used my code on Cologne I on eventim.de i can use the same code on ticketmaster.nl to buy tickets for Amsterdam III or IV. Should not bet to much problem to get al used codes back from the ticketcompany's?

They control it afterwards, you can try this but risk having all your tickets cancelled. Happened quite a lot last tour.

Same with Amsterdam 3 :hi5:

:D Nice! Enjoy the country while you're here!

All have pretty solid demand, based on round 1 I'd say easiest (by a little) is Chicago.

Good. That is my first choise.

After press button to search tickets (presale innocence) in ticketmaster page, how long to wait to have results - 1, 2, 10 minutes? Just to have an idea to stop and try again.

Thank you!

It's very nice that the pre sale codes can used for both Cologne and Amsterdam.
I don't really think that U2 worries about that bunch of fans using the pre sale code to see multiple shows. I'm happy they have different vendor systems here in Europe. :hyper:

They control it afterwards, you can try this but risk having all your tickets cancelled. Happened quite a lot last tour.!

..I ordered for more shows during the last tour and the tour before; was no problem at all (keeping my fingers crossed a tiny littlebit) I mean, tickets have been paid for, money went from my bank to their bank. I don't see a problem.
You might have a problem when you want to resell the tickets.

Good. That is my first choise.

After press button to search tickets (presale innocence) in ticketmaster page, how long to wait to have results - 1, 2, 10 minutes? Just to have an idea to stop and try again.

Thank you!

Assuming you try right when the on-sale starts, there isn't a magic number. I had a couple of browsers I almost gave up on(10+ minutes), but those were the ones that got me the tickets I wanted.

My advice would be to have two separate browsers ready (FF and Chrome for me) and try those right away. While those are spinning, give the mobile app an attempt.

Have you heard of tickets bought in the pre-sale with borrowed codes being cancelled?
Or is just a Credit Card/Billing Address/Names/email Ticketmaster thing?

Just a question.

Just got 2 RZ tickets for Chicago 3. So easy, no problem!

On my computer I chose 2 RZ tickets, wait for 10 minutes, and BANG!
All fine!

While waiting in my computer I used the iPhone to try other sections: GA and lower seats - all sections instantly found tickets. But I prefer to buy RZ.

Now I have to save a lot of money, and go to Chicago!
:)

Galeongirl and Hewson, thank you very much for the kind attention!

So disappointed. In the initial round of presales, I never could pull GA floor for Chicago so I didn't buy any tickets and saved my code expecting/hoping there would be additional dates added. Tried my luck in the general sale with no luck and was happy to see another round of presale. Well today...my code doesn't work and I get a message of "were sorry. no more tickets available for this promotion" 5 minutes into the presale. This Live Nation/Ticketmaster combo is an abomination and the band should be embarrassed by how they "serve" their long standing fans. When you call the number on the presale ticketing fax page...you get someone that can not help with presale codes and are told that help can only come from an email....that's after 20 minutes on hold. All totaled, I have 2 hours of my time wasted today typing bot code words on my phone, playing on the computer, waiting on hold on the phone to see why I can't get into presale...what a joke.

So disappointed. In the initial round of presales, I never could pull GA floor for Chicago so I didn't buy any tickets and saved my code expecting/hoping there would be additional dates added. Tried my luck in the general sale with no luck and was happy to see another round of presale. Well today...my code doesn't work and I get a message of "were sorry. no more tickets available for this promotion" 5 minutes into the presale. This Live Nation/Ticketmaster combo is an abomination and the band should be embarrassed by how they "serve" their long standing fans. When you call the number on the presale ticketing fax page...you get someone that can not help with presale codes and are told that help can only come from an email....that's after 20 minutes on hold. All totaled, I have 2 hours of my time wasted today typing bot code words on my phone, playing on the computer, waiting on hold on the phone to see why I can't get into presale...what a joke.

Wow your situation sounds similar to mine. I purchased a U2.com sub. through TM (it offered me that option last Thursday) and I used only one of my entitled tickets. I've tried to contact U2.com and TM to find out how I can access the pre-sale to purchase the additional ticket I'm entitled to but TM says I have to wait for an email from U2.com and U2.com doesn't respond (I've emailed them twice) so I guess I'm out $50 (the ticket I DID purchase is an upper level nosebleed for SJ1 just so I can be in the venue - no GAs were available at that point). The second ticket I want to purchase is a GA for one of the new Bos shows but I guess I am going to have to wait for the general sale now. Pretty much sucks.

p.s. when I called TM yesterday they said I would have had to have purchased the two tickets during the same transaction...so not sure who to believe. The guy today said that because it's a fan club bundle, I'll be able to get in at 3PM to purchase during the presale but I still think I will need a code, which I don't have and was never given...but it you have a code U2WOJO you might try it during the fan club bundle pre-sale for whatever city it is you're interested in. You'll find it under the "Onsale Times" tab.

A question, there where two new shows added in Stockholm, the official launch of tickets is on monday , fi I reigster a new membership on u2.com, do I get codes for the presale? I havent renewed my acount since 2009.

according to U2.com

Q - Do I have to be a U2.com Subscriber to participate in the U2.com Tour Ticket presale?
A - Yes, this pre-sale is only for Subscribers of U2.com who have purchased a Subscription. Subscribe here. If you have an existing account, but it has expired, Upgrade here. Or, if you are a paid up subscriber but wish to renew your subscription now, renew here.

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?
A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket pre-sales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the pre-sale. 'Experience Subscribers' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the pre-sale, 'Innocence Subscribers' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the pre-sale. The pre-sale for each concert closes at Noon / Midday on Day 3. The public ticket sale will start after Day 3 of the pre-sale. The exact times for access are made available on the tour page of U2.com.

Wow your situation sounds similar to mine. I purchased a U2.com sub. through TM (it offered me that option last Thursday) and I used only one of my entitled tickets. I've tried to contact U2.com and TM to find out how I can access the pre-sale to purchase the additional ticket I'm entitled to but TM says I have to wait for an email from U2.com and U2.com doesn't respond (I've emailed them twice) so I guess I'm out $50 (the ticket I DID purchase is an upper level nosebleed for SJ1 just so I can be in the venue - no GAs were available at that point). The second ticket I want to purchase is a GA for one of the new Bos shows but I guess I am going to have to wait for the general sale now. Pretty much sucks.

p.s. when I called TM yesterday they said I would have had to have purchased the two tickets during the same transaction...so not sure who to believe. The guy today said that because it's a fan club bundle, I'll be able to get in at 3PM to purchase during the presale but I still think I will need a code, which I don't have and was never given...but it you have a code U2WOJO you might try it during the fan club bundle pre-sale for whatever city it is you're interested in. You'll find it under the "Onsale Times" tab.

At least you got some kind of value out of it...sort of in a nose bleed seat. I'm on hold now with ticketmaster....20 minutes and rolling and now closing in on 3 hours this morning in this groovy presale experience. Fully expect them to pass the buck back to u2.com when I get shut out of this round of tickets in presale....I'll be calling back u2.com and sitting on hold to demand they cancel my membership and refund my money as a presale code that doesn't work isn't a good deal. Hope I don't need to call my credit card company and contest with them.

I could have gotten that seat in the general sale though...I think there are still seats available for that show so I didn't need to spend an extra $50 to get that seat.

But live nation and the band appreciates the little something extra in their pockets.

So my phone conversation with ticketmaster went about as expected....need to talk to the fan club as they issue the passwords and control all that. I'm sure there will be plenty of great seats available in the presale once they get around to answering their email and fix my code or get me a new one....assuming they get around to it before the presale ends tomorrow.

I guess it's the end result that matters. I called u2.com again and this time got someone offering to get me a new password (pissed me off a little in that the person there I spoke with a hour and a half earlier could have done this and saved me lots of aggravation and time). Went into ticketmaster and couldn't pull anything I wanted for Chicago 3 show but managed to grab 2 GA floors for Chicago 4 so all is well in my world and my blood pressure can slowly subside the rest of the afternoon. Now maybe some good luck can land me some GA's for Chicago 3 on Monday and/or a late drop of GA's for one of the first 2 Chicago shows.

Hearing and horror stories here. I had a great experience today in the presale. I grabbed a GA for both added nights to MSG around 12:15 without a wait. I worked through the TM app without a hitch.

So it looks like I'm spending 10 days in the city with U2 on either end of my vacation. I have tickets for the first 2 night at MSG and the last 2 nights.

according to U2.com

Q - Do I have to be a U2.com Subscriber to participate in the U2.com Tour Ticket presale?
A - Yes, this pre-sale is only for Subscribers of U2.com who have purchased a Subscription. Subscribe here. If you have an existing account, but it has expired, Upgrade here. Or, if you are a paid up subscriber but wish to renew your subscription now, renew here.

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?
A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket pre-sales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the pre-sale. 'Experience Subscribers' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the pre-sale, 'Innocence Subscribers' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the pre-sale. The pre-sale for each concert closes at Noon / Midday on Day 3. The public ticket sale will start after Day 3 of the pre-sale. The exact times for access are made available on the tour page of U2.com.

So in other words if I register tomorrow I can pre-order tickets for the shows that going to be released to the public on monday?

So in other words if I register tomorrow I can pre-order tickets for the shows that going to be released to the public on monday?

:huh:

If you wait till tomorrow to register, you will have missed the presales completely - they are happening right now and end tomorrow at noon.

Having said that, is there anything left in these presales by now (GAs or cheapies)? If not might as well wait till Monday.

Sent from my ass crack

:huh:

If you wait till tomorrow to register, you will have missed the presales completely - they are happening right now and end tomorrow at noon.

Having said that, is there anything left in these presales by now (GAs or cheapies)? If not might as well wait till Monday.

Sent from my ass crack

Isnt Saturday 12:00 the when the pre-sale ends? It was thursday when I wrote previous post. Its firday morning(09:00) in Sweden now :)

I wounder if some kind u2-fan could check if there are stand-tickets for 2015-09-20 and 2015-09-21 left? Dont want lay 50 dollars if I cant get tickets :)

Isnt Saturday 12:00 the when the pre-sale ends? It was thursday when I wrote previous post. Its firday morning(09:00) in Sweden now :)

I wounder if some kind u2-fan could check if there are stand-tickets for 2015-09-20 and 2015-09-21 left? Dont want lay 50 dollars if I cant get tickets :)

I know it's too late but stand tickets were available for both nights.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom