Pre-Show Lineup Thread Part 2: Check In Every Four Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gareth: that.was.spectacular. :drool:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This is what I want. 1. RZ let in early. 2. Front GA entrance let in early 3. Bitching and complaining.

Oh, I hopefully will be on one of the RZ barriers tomorrow with my 12-year old son and wife. Save me a spot or two. He went to MSG3/4 from seats. He's hooked, but has no idea what he's in store for tomorrow.... ;)

Bono should bring up people during the last song of the night. Watch the line crazies implode having to choose between the opportunity to get on stage or start the next show's line early.

I'm still laughing about seeing the line leaders leave during Boston 1 as One started. They missed out on an impromptu 40. Ah, karma. :D

apparently things got heated the other night at MSG. bunch of people arrived late, told people who were already there (you know the ones IN LINE :) actually putting in the time) that they were disrespectful and basically harrassed them til they got their way.

I STILL can't put myself in these peoples shoes and actually figure out it is that makes them think that check ins and lists means you DONT NEED TO LINE UP LIKE EVERYONE ELSE?!? Seriously how fucking dare they set up a system to just RESERVE the front of the line and think it's ok to go off sightsightseeing/sleeping in a hotel/watching a fucking tribute band...then come back and tell people to get behind them and their day of queuing was for nothing?! What is it in their brain that makes them think this is ok??

Its not a line!! It is NOT A FUCKING LINE!!! what it is is people checking in, putting their names down....but for the opportunity to CUT the line when they arrive!! That's all it is. Want preferential treatment? Buy a fucking RED Zone ticket or a VIP package. Seeing U2 48 times and always getting rail guaruntees you NOTHING for your next show. If you have a list and turn up at 4 to find people who didn't know about that arbitrary crock have already formed a line, the list is meaningless.

U2 aren't running a fucking loyalty scheme. See the band 10 nights and get line cutting privileges for life. That's how these people seem to think it works. They follow the band all over the country, get to the front, get onstage, meet the band many times...and feel like they're entitled to dictate how everyone else with lives should line up too.

What still irks me is how they're clearly worn out from all this travelling/camping out but rather than throw in the towel, maybe let OTHER people line up...they decide that they deserve to be at the front so not even having to deal with the inconvenience of camping all night....ACTUALLY FUCKING LINING UP, they set up a bullshit system only they know about and use it to secure the front of the line they think is rightfully theirs.

As I've moaned several times...Want to be first in line? PUT IN THE FUCKING TIME. no lists. No bullshit check ins. "oh but the list means you can go and live a normal life too blah blah" :lol: NOPE. one or the other, sorry. You either annoint yourself best u2 fan in the world and stay in line from the minute you arrive, with bathroom breaks and food, or you turn up at the time the venue say and join the back of whatever line is there! You don't get to use your scary obsession to put people below you and bully them to the back because they didn't know about your fucking secret psycho club.

I fucking hate these people. I'm embarrassed to be a u2 fan when I read about them. I've got 3 GAs for London and quite frankly I'm scared to even attempt queuing, let alone trying to get anywhere NEAR the rail. Fuck them.
All of this. :applaud:

RZ rail (the outside of the "pen" on the GA side) is really a great spot. You can see the screen and I was stunned by the view during Invisible particularly. The only problem I had in Chicago was that the area in front of that spot became a conveyor belt of people going back and forth between beer stands and the bathroom and it drove me CRAZY!!! because it took me out of the moment a lot. I never want to miss a second so I pretty much never leave once in... I dont drink either cuz I dont want to have to pee. I spent good money to see U2, not the inside of a bathroom stall.

But anyway, other than the traffic constantly moving in front of me, RZ rail was a pretty cool spot to see everything. The traffic made it hard to dance because people kept wanting to get through... Boo.

There was some traffic, but there was also some space... I also like having something to lean on... Plus I had a good spot to see Lady Gaga rocking out to Gloria... ;)

apparently things got heated the other night at MSG. bunch of people arrived late, told people who were already there (you know the ones IN LINE :) actually putting in the time) that they were disrespectful and basically harrassed them til they got their way.

I STILL can't put myself in these peoples shoes and actually figure out it is that makes them think that check ins and lists means you DONT NEED TO LINE UP LIKE EVERYONE ELSE?!? Seriously how fucking dare they set up a system to just RESERVE the front of the line and think it's ok to go off sightsightseeing/sleeping in a hotel/watching a fucking tribute band...then come back and tell people to get behind them and their day of queuing was for nothing?! What is it in their brain that makes them think this is ok??

Its not a line!! It is NOT A FUCKING LINE!!! what it is is people checking in, putting their names down....but for the opportunity to CUT the line when they arrive!! That's all it is. Want preferential treatment? Buy a fucking RED Zone ticket or a VIP package. Seeing U2 48 times and always getting rail guaruntees you NOTHING for your next show. If you have a list and turn up at 4 to find people who didn't know about that arbitrary crock have already formed a line, the list is meaningless.

U2 aren't running a fucking loyalty scheme. See the band 10 nights and get line cutting privileges for life. That's how these people seem to think it works. They follow the band all over the country, get to the front, get onstage, meet the band many times...and feel like they're entitled to dictate how everyone else with lives should line up too.

What still irks me is how they're clearly worn out from all this travelling/camping out but rather than throw in the towel, maybe let OTHER people line up...they decide that they deserve to be at the front so not even having to deal with the inconvenience of camping all night....ACTUALLY FUCKING LINING UP, they set up a bullshit system only they know about and use it to secure the front of the line they think is rightfully theirs.

As I've moaned several times...Want to be first in line? PUT IN THE FUCKING TIME. no lists. No bullshit check ins. "oh but the list means you can go and live a normal life too blah blah" :lol: NOPE. one or the other, sorry. You either annoint yourself best u2 fan in the world and stay in line from the minute you arrive, with bathroom breaks and food, or you turn up at the time the venue say and join the back of whatever line is there! You don't get to use your scary obsession to put people below you and bully them to the back because they didn't know about your fucking secret psycho club.

I fucking hate these people. I'm embarrassed to be a u2 fan when I read about them. I've got 3 GAs for London and quite frankly I'm scared to even attempt queuing, let alone trying to get anywhere NEAR the rail. Fuck them.

Exactly. :up:

Great post Gareth. Fwiw, at NY5 I was stood right behind someone who had been in line for a day and a half and I was in the pub over the road still at 7pm. THERE IS NO NEED TO QUEUE

Sent from my GT-I9195 using U2 Interference mobile app

RZ rail (the outside of the "pen" on the GA side) is really a great spot. You can see the screen and I was stunned by the view during Invisible particularly. The only problem I had in Chicago was that the area in front of that spot became a conveyor belt of people going back and forth between beer stands and the bathroom and it drove me CRAZY!!! because it took me out of the moment a lot. I never want to miss a second so I pretty much never leave once in... I dont drink either cuz I dont want to have to pee. I spent good money to see U2, not the inside of a bathroom stall.

But anyway, other than the traffic constantly moving in front of me, RZ rail was a pretty cool spot to see everything. The traffic made it hard to dance because people kept wanting to get through... Boo.

I agree! I was in that spot 2 of my four shows. I had originally planned to float, but the view was so good I just stayed there. I had almost perfect views of them on the main and e-stages and they were right there on the catwalk. Boston 2 wasn't so bad in terms of foot traffic, but everyone was running in front of me during Boston 4. :madwife:

Last edited:

This..... every tour I see them a bunch of times I usually bring my employees and some vendors as a cool "bonus" type thing so they could possibly become fans (which a number has). Prolly more cuz of my age I only do 1 GA every tour. I'm that guy who at this point in life would rather not get into all of this, that being said I do agree with most of you that GA is alot of fun and you get a different perspective from the floor.

I just had no idea all of this goes on, I can't wrap my head around that people get this up in arms and yes I've met Amp and you have to admit he does satnd out in the crowd and if Bono picks him it's prolly more that he see's him above everyone else. I'm a huge fan but I don't really see that comment "why does he/she always get picked to go on stage", I just never thought of that.

As for the line - Gareth is 100% correct in my book, it's a line if you leave you lose your space....

So they have now effectively arranged their check in times so they can go to a party, sleep in their comfy hotel room, not have to actually sit in line, stalk meet the band when they arrive, then be in line for maybe 2 hours before doors.

I really, really dislike these people and I've only actually ever met one of them. Oh and one of those names on that list is a well known autograph hound (sells them on Ebay).

So they have now effectively arranged their check in times so they can go to a party, sleep in their comfy hotel room, not have to actually sit in line, stalk meet the band when they arrive, then be in line for maybe 2 hours before doors.

I really, really dislike these people and I've only actually ever met one of them. Oh and one of those names on that list is a well known autograph hound (sells them on Ebay).

:madwife::madwife::madwife::angry::angry::angry:

I hate autograph hounds!!!

Ooh, so I have put 2 and 2 together as to who you are on FB. All I can say is, preach it! I have cheered so many of your posts in the last few days! :applaud:

This..... every tour I see them a bunch of times I usually bring my employees and some vendors as a cool "bonus" type thing so they could possibly become fans (which a number has). Prolly more cuz of my age I only do 1 GA every tour. I'm that guy who at this point in life would rather not get into all of this, that being said I do agree with most of you that GA is alot of fun and you get a different perspective from the floor.

I just had no idea all of this goes on, I can't wrap my head around that people get this up in arms and yes I've met Amp and you have to admit he does satnd out in the crowd and if Bono picks him it's prolly more that he see's him above everyone else. I'm a huge fan but I don't really see that comment "why does he/she always get picked to go on stage", I just never thought of that.

As for the line - Gareth is 100% correct in my book, it's a line if you leave you lose your space....

Are you hiring? :sexywink:

A short work of fiction, from my daughter, who has also been enjoying the over the top drama. What I wouldn't have given to have had this prepared last night to post in the FB group. :lol:

Do not read if you're anti-Amp and/or easily offended. :)

One day Bono gets a letter from the Saddest Little U2 Fan saying that it hurts them whenever Amp gets pulled onstage because he's a meanie and gets into lines early and goes to a lot of shows and is sometimes rude and also someone saw him steal medicine from children with AIDS in Africa whereas Saddest Little U2 Fan has never done anything bad or mistreated anyone and doesn't WANT to go onstage but nonetheless feels that they are responsible for Righting This Wrong. Bono, realizing how wrong he's been this tour, breaks down crying. Then him and the Edge get into their U2mobile, defeat Amp in epic combat, and at the next show they pull up Saddest Little U2 Fan, who (spoiler alert) was You, The Person Reading This Right Now. And they beg your forgiveness, and serenade you with obscure b-sides and rarities, and establish a new, just Line Protocol, and throw out copies of Songs of Experience (which Amp had stolen from them!!!) to the loving crowd, who recognize how you have saved all of U2 fandom, and they hoist you up and declare you their monarch, and finally, yes finally, Larry Mullen Jr. smiles.
The only part that is a clear give away that it is fiction is the last half sentence.

:wink:

Ooh, so I have put 2 and 2 together as to who you are on FB. All I can say is, preach it! I have cheered so many of your posts in the last few days! :applaud:

:wave: We insufferable wankers need to stick together!

PS. I think I briefly met you in Phoenix with cori and dray. I was with Lila, we road tripped in from LA that day.

Gareth, that needs to be posted everywhere.

How many tweets would it take to parse that out with the #u2ietour hashtag? :wink:

Yes, we did meet oh so very briefly. Next time I am giving you a :hi5: for truthiness. :)

Looks like douchenozzle is running the line for NY8

So the line for NY8 has started before NY7 show? Let me guess check in for NY8 is 5pm today and 1130pm tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom