Pre-Show Lineup Thread Part 2: Check In Every Four Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VP and Miro :love:

I would honestly be happy with just giving Bono a handshake and a thank you for the music.

Believe it or not, this is my main m.o. wherever I see them. I'm like the worst fan ever..I never have anything to sign, and my phone always fucks up. So I'm always like a handshake and convo guy with them lol.

Sent from __________

I only have a picture thanks to someone nearby taking one and then emailing it to me. :heart: I was happy to get any words out in a coherent fashion. Ha.

I only have a picture thanks to someone nearby taking one and then emailing it to me. :heart: I was happy to get any words out in a coherent fashion. Ha.

I cannot claim the same, so you should be proud!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I would honestly be happy with just giving Bono a handshake and a thank you for the music.

So that's totally what I did. I didn't bring anything to sign and due to time, we weren't allowed to ask for pictures. I told him thanks for all the years of great music and that it helped me through some really rough times. At which point he HUGGED me and said, "Thanks, you've probably helped us through some rough times too."

Life made.

Meanwhile, I got some pictures cuz my friends were snapping away with my phone. You can see through the slide show of snapped photographs the entire exchange, including the hug.

I can now die a happy woman. (Not that I expect to die any time soon.)

I wish everyone to have an equally as awesome experience with any of the band members, should they choose such.

Last edited:

:applaud: :love: :applaud:

I was with Michelle (who I believe you hung out with in Vancouver along with Beth) for Chicago 3 and 4 and we had an absolute blast. Some of my very favorite shows energy wise. :love:

Ah, yes. We haz mutual friends. :)

Chicago had some crazy great energy. After those shows, I determined that I would gladly see more shows in Chicago in the future.

This is my dream too. No autograph, just say thank you.

I find that with this tour, reading accounts of people seeing several shows at times has made me sad that I just can't do the same. I went to the Vertigo shows 5 times, and I've enjoyed the two I&E shows so much more than that tour, which was pretty great in itself. I have to remind myself to appreciate that I did see 2 shows and I'm just not in a position to attend more right now. And really, I can't imagine how any show can top the experience of being at the rail of the e stage. It was like the culmination of 34 years of listening to this band and all the happy memories I associate with them. I returned to work after a nine day vacation today, and people at work were crazy happy for me that I got so close. I feel like I left my heart and mind at MSG, which means I am now heartless and mindless!

There was some sniping at the e stage about who was standing where and such. One guy was very adamant about the fact that RZ people should stay in their "pen." What were they, calves that were about to be made into veal scallopini? No one is entitled to a certain spot. It's just sort of the luck of the draw. I saw a spot at the railing and got to it. I was very very lucky. I'm an older fan, so my chance of being physically able to do this again are not great. I could barely walk the next day. It was so worth it.

Always great to see you, DG and VP.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

So basically there really isn't a line unless you know the person with the "golden" book. I would just love it if something like what happened on 10/28/01 at Meadowlands happened at MSG. The shitstorm that would ensue would be hilarious.

No, there isn't a line. And just to clarify, not to defend this crap system, there should be line representatives at all times at that location. So one can sign in at any time. But still, this is a load of hooey.

There was an old style / stay in place line. Lots of people trekked from MSG the night before to the Meadowlands parking lot. Then the venue decided to simply open 3 different gates for everyone. At once. GA/seats. Chaos.

Some needs to make a Twitter parody account and post that the MSG 8 line is at secret location and give out hints to help find them. Of course is the #u2ietour tag. ;)

Perfect!! Thank you for understanding that your fandom is less deserving than that of other people that have been to more shows than you or than that of my friends. :heart:

:love:

what do you think they do with their little sign in books at the end of the show? put them in their U2 shrine rooms under glass?:D

Lolz they made the first check in time 6pm so that they can go to the @U2 / UF show tonight.

That's hilarious

So the @u2 fan party is what made it possible for me to meet Bono without all the usual people who hog his time... They were having a party in Vancouver and so not a lot of people were around when Bono came out (and later Edge, but I had left after my Bono encounter and missed him, darn). I always felt like it was universal justice. I was like, "Hey, thanks, @u2, for running interference so that I could have my totally chill experience with Bono."

Because of course some of those fans are what I call celebrity fans... and they were at the @u2 party because they can't miss a chance to mingle with their adoring fans. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::coocoo::coocoo::coocoo::barf::barf::barf:

apparently things got heated the other night at MSG. bunch of people arrived late, told people who were already there (you know the ones IN LINE :) actually putting in the time) that they were disrespectful and basically harrassed them til they got their way.

I STILL can't put myself in these peoples shoes and actually figure out it is that makes them think that check ins and lists means you DONT NEED TO LINE UP LIKE EVERYONE ELSE?!? Seriously how fucking dare they set up a system to just RESERVE the front of the line and think it's ok to go off sightsightseeing/sleeping in a hotel/watching a fucking tribute band...then come back and tell people to get behind them and their day of queuing was for nothing?! What is it in their brain that makes them think this is ok??

Its not a line!! It is NOT A FUCKING LINE!!! what it is is people checking in, putting their names down....but for the opportunity to CUT the line when they arrive!! That's all it is. Want preferential treatment? Buy a fucking RED Zone ticket or a VIP package. Seeing U2 48 times and always getting rail guaruntees you NOTHING for your next show. If you have a list and turn up at 4 to find people who didn't know about that arbitrary crock have already formed a line, the list is meaningless.

U2 aren't running a fucking loyalty scheme. See the band 10 nights and get line cutting privileges for life. That's how these people seem to think it works. They follow the band all over the country, get to the front, get onstage, meet the band many times...and feel like they're entitled to dictate how everyone else with lives should line up too.

What still irks me is how they're clearly worn out from all this travelling/camping out but rather than throw in the towel, maybe let OTHER people line up...they decide that they deserve to be at the front so not even having to deal with the inconvenience of camping all night....ACTUALLY FUCKING LINING UP, they set up a bullshit system only they know about and use it to secure the front of the line they think is rightfully theirs.

As I've moaned several times...Want to be first in line? PUT IN THE FUCKING TIME. no lists. No bullshit check ins. "oh but the list means you can go and live a normal life too blah blah" :lol: NOPE. one or the other, sorry. You either annoint yourself best u2 fan in the world and stay in line from the minute you arrive, with bathroom breaks and food, or you turn up at the time the venue say and join the back of whatever line is there! You don't get to use your scary obsession to put people below you and bully them to the back because they didn't know about your fucking secret psycho club.

I fucking hate these people. I'm embarrassed to be a u2 fan when I read about them. I've got 3 GAs for London and quite frankly I'm scared to even attempt queuing, let alone trying to get anywhere NEAR the rail. Fuck them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom