Pre-Show Lineup Thread Part 2: Check In Every Four Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And also if you're a lame ass who can't even raise your arms and have a good time then please don't be on the rail. You can be lame in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I have a good time without my arms in the air, thankyouverymuch. My arms get tired. :angry:

(I do occasionally throw fists in the air with a big "Whoo" scream, but they don't often stay there.)

I've called him out, to his face, the ridiculousness and ludicrous nature of the entire "I put my name on the list but I don't have to show up" thing.

His answer was that he knows and agrees, but if nobody actually enforces a real sit your ass down line, why would he sit his ass down all day?

I can't really argue with that.

So, as long as you know you can get away with cutting in front of people who have waited longer than you have, why would you not do it? :huh: Nice.

I don't get into this whole thing much and probably won't again after this, because like mentioned before, I don't care who gets up on stage. But as to taking up close spots that other non-in the know fans might wait all day for, while others can walk up and cut in front of them at 5pm because they or their friends have a list... that's the real sucky part.

(Edit to say yeah I know that's not so much a point this tour, as there are tons of rail spots this time around.)

From what I have heard, though I cannot personally corroborate this, is something akin to the infamous paper dolling whereby people are saving prime spots on the rail for their friends that didn't lineup at all. It is of course perfectly acceptable to get to the rail and save a spot for your friend(s) that you were lined up with and that may have been slower getting to the floor but saving rail spots for people way in the back is totally bunk.

My popcorn moment at GA last night was seeing one of the rail grabbers and her cohort get her huge pink I've-seen-U2-5752-times sign pulled and torn by someone behind her during Mysterious Ways or Desire, and the ensuring indignation and argument. How dare you touch my huge sign that is completely blocking the view for everyone behind me.

The sense of entitlement goes beyond the line and rail spot. It also covers the air space just above said spot. Although, this being NYC, air space is indeed a hot commodity.

That said, it it was a #ASOH or #ShineLikeStars sign, I would have defended her.

Oh my god. That is awesome. :love:

And again, I say that as someone that has brought signs in the past. But, I hung mine off the rail and when they were actual signs they were just in a regular piece of paper being held against my chest and never above my head. Blocking people view is just poor form.

See, I have no issue with signs that are (i) on the rail; (ii) displayed judiciously; or (iii) for an awesome rarity. That sign yesterday met none of these requirements, so I was very pleased with the brave woman next to me who did her part for the public good.

If you're in the front row, you don't need to hold your sign or camera UP - Bono can see it if it's in front of you, and you can get awesome video or pics from eye level too. Children, however, are game. :doh: :D

See, I have no issue with signs that are (i) on the rail; (ii) displayed judiciously; or (iii) for an awesome rarity. That sign yesterday met none of these requirements, so I was very pleased with the brave woman next to me who did her part for the public good.

That woman gets an automatic top 20 spot in the list of her choice as far as I am concerned.

:wink: :wink:

So, as long as you know you can get away with cutting in front of people who have waited longer than you have, why would you not do it? :huh: Nice.

I don't get into this whole thing much and probably won't again after this, because like mentioned before, I don't care who gets up on stage. But as to taking up close spots that other non-in the know fans might wait all day for, while others can walk up and cut in front of them at 5pm because they or their friends have a list... that's the real sucky part.

(Edit to say yeah I know that's not so much a point this tour, as there are tons of rail spots this time around.)

of course not.

but if people are going to have this idiotic check in system, where you don't actually have to wait in line, you're not skipping anyone.

the system is dumb and needs band oversight. but i'm not going to fault someone for doing what is being the accepted, albeit fucking dumb, system that has been in place all tour long.

as they say in the business... don't hate the playa, hate the game.

I heard he got hit in the eye with a foul ball. His retina is/was detached and he had/needs surgery. The sunglasses might have something to do with it. Poor guy. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person. :sad:

And Deena(ontheroadwithu2) is insane.

8967A389-C957-4317-B48A-FBC4BFAA24C0_zpse0tk8ww6.png

Every breath you take, every move you make..... :whistle:

She sounds like a total weirdo, saw that drama yesterday (God help Larry if he lets another fan have his drumsticks in front of her). Good thing that because she is in her 40s and a total grown up she acts like the better person -her words-... And then goes and keeps on ranting in Twitter using the #U2ieTour hashtag for maximum visibility :down: :coocoo:

Is it time for the European leg? I hope none of those line nazis or "weird" U2 fans cross the pond to create havoc.

Fair enough. Good to hear that you've told him it was stupid at least - haha. But that's why he's getting some backlash about being up on stage, because he's one of the people who does it, and people know it. Playing the game doesn't make you immune from criticism just because you didn't invent the game. I *WISH* U2 would do something about it - I think what's really sticking in our teeth is that not only that they HAVEN'T, it's that they are actually bringing people who had to be on that list to get the spots they were in to get up there in the first place.

Has anyone with Red Zone tickets been up on stage yet? I mean, if they really ARE taking ALL of the good GA spots, you'd think they would have been by now.... :D

look... he checks in at the "check ins" and then wanders. that's what's being enforced. it's the system. it's stupid. but he does actually check in, thus how he managed to get himself punched in the face the day of the first show. he was at the GA line at midnight.

She sounds like a total weirdo, saw that drama yesterday (God help Larry if he lets another fan have his drumsticks in front of her). Good thing that because she is in her 40s and a total grown up she acts like the better person -her words-... And then goes and keeps on ranting in Twitter using the #U2ieTour hashtag for maximum visibility :down: :coocoo:

what the hell happened in there? Did she eat someone who recieved sticks ?

Is it time for the European leg? I hope none of those line nazis or "weird" U2 fans cross the pond to create havoc.

Wishfull thinking.

We have nutties too. Lets not pretend that its going to be any better in Europe.

There are some European fans who I know are equally insane, feel equally entitled to having a rail spot for every single night in a row. They do the same leave early thing, they have the same "screw-people over-cause-friend-first" policy. And they suck balls.

The only thing I can credit them for is that they stay in line for... Most .. of the time... Still a lot of cheaters.

Point is. Most of them have already seen the band multiple times during this leg. So the "surprise effect" and enthusiasm will be different than with people who haven't had a chance to see them earlier. :shrug:

On the Road With U2 | My Musical Journey

Hours of cringeworthy lulz. And her lurking in the background while he takes a picture with another fan. Creepiest thing I've ever seen. :yikes:

24A8C5B5-252D-45FD-90AB-FF175628D3E4_zpsd2od5ece.jpg

You know what to do. :shifty:

And Cobl, that Jeff Reinhart guy is one of them . Saw a tweet of his yesterday getting excited about meeting Sil and Vid...

This is only comments 54 to 85, which is pretty close to the end. I can't get the earlier ones back. :( In the first 20 or so posts, I did ask if anyone who was complaining about the "greed" of people who get on stage frequently had been on the rail for multiple shows this tour, but to my utter shock, no one answered me.

Hope I'm doing this right, I haven't posted pictures in forever.

8T33Mlm.png

8cOKL6I.png

LGx8vwy.png

eHg31uX.png

I also Have tried to figure it out and from what I can gather it is 2 different things...box office line and cancellation "pens"? and I believe it is MSG staff that have the list...but..I also could be completely wrong. It is just how I have understood it from all I have read

Yeah, I thought it was venue run... But then there have been multiple accounts/drama on that tickets thread and I cannot interpret all the blubbering to understand who the posters are feeling cheated by....

Oops. I participated in that rant. Don't judge. :wave:

(Course I have not revealed my name. I just feel weird seeing my name on this board in a picture. Guess I shouldn't have said anything on FB, huh?)

It might have been polite to block out the names. That is technically a closed group and I'm an admin on it.

Well, we don't know who you are. But of course now you have made us curious. Besides, not everyone that participated in that mess was a hot mess. :wink:

As far as I know, that is a publicly viewable group. I could view it well before I joined. Unless the settings have been changed since last week?

sweet mother of butthurt...

I can't believe that this whole "OH NOES, HE/SHE GOT ON STAGE AGAIN!!!" thing is happening again, it's a total retread of Vertigo. I used to laugh to myself, and keep count of the top two people (some of you will know who they are...) and wonder who would reign supreme for Bono's Top Stage Entertainer, and if it ended up in a tie at the end of the tour, if they would have to battle it out in a cage match. :wink: (I kid...they seemed friendly.)

A few key points for the dears waiting around the e-stage rail to remember: if Bono didn't pull up Amp AGAIN, you would just end up being one of 500 or so who are standing several rows out from the rail, so your odds would still not be great.

Also, Bono has a type. For women, unless you're not much older than mid-20s and meet other specifications, shall we say, your odds will be considerably lower.

Bottom line - Amp or anyone else being up there multiple times is not the thing preventing you from getting on stage. Bono is. He's the one who gets to choose.

:crack:

I can't believe that this whole "OH NOES, HE/SHE GOT ON STAGE AGAIN!!!" thing is happening again, it's a total retread of Vertigo. I used to laugh to myself, and keep count of the top two people (some of you will know who they are...) and wonder who would reign supreme for Bono's Top Stage Entertainer, and if it ended up in a tie at the end of the tour, if they would have to battle it out in a cage match. :wink:

A few key points for the dears waiting around the e-stage rail to remember: if Bono didn't pull up Amp AGAIN, you would just end up being one of 500 or so who are standing several rows out from the rail, so your odds would still not be great.

Also, Bono has a type. For women, unless you're not much older than mid-20s and meet other specifications, shall we say, your odds will be considerably lower.

Bottom line - Amp is not the thing preventing you from getting on stage.

:crack:

:lol: at the last line. That is a true story.

And while yes, he has pulled up some veeeeeeeeery young girls and I am still creeped out he pulled up the little girl from the Cleveland Vertigo show knowing full well who she was, in looking at some of the pictures, he has pulled up several women in their late 30s and 40s. So yay-ish. :)

Haha, actually, I am not one of the hot messes. At least I don't think I was. :)

Hey, can someone elaborate on the Deena Twitter rant? What was going on there?

I am sure you were just fine. From what I gathered, someone posted indicating she had gotten drumsticks from Larry last night. The counter argument was that no she didn't because Larry didn't give drumsticks to anyone personally. Turns out they were delivered via road tech. Then people took sides. I ate my lunch and read along.

I'm 40 but I look 20.

Ok, maybe more like 35. ;)

I still sort of hold out hope of being pulled on stage. But not enough to wait in line and deal with the politics.

Well, and anyway, I met Bono in Vancouver the night before the first show and had 90 seconds of bliss in which we exchanged a few words and he hugged me. So really I think that was worth any moment of getting pulled on stage (in which I would probably be terrified anyway).

So I'll just enjoy the show from further back. Haha.

:lol: at the last line. That is a true story.

And while yes, he has pulled up some veeeeeeeeery young girls and I am still creeped out he pulled up the little girl from the Cleveland Vertigo show knowing full well who she was, in looking at some of the pictures, he has pulled up several women in their late 30s and 40s. So yay-ish. :)

I honestly don't pay that much attention to who he pulls up....unless it's a name I recognize, or I happen to see a picture on here, so my impressions could be somewhat skewed. :) I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not fairly close as far as general tendencies go, though.

I guess the point being - I can't understand people who obsess about these things, to the point that they would complain. Good lord.

I am sure you were just fine. From what I gathered, someone posted indicating she had gotten drumsticks from Larry last night. The counter argument was that no she didn't because Larry didn't give drumsticks to anyone personally. Turns out they were delivered via road tech. Then people took sides. I ate my lunch and read along.

Oh brother.... :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom