Pre-Show Lineup Thread Part 2: Check In Every Four Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He enjoyed it. Bopping around. But.... His legs hurt. :doh: he suggested I try to trade my 2 GA for 3 seats tomorrow. My wife said No Chance.

Wow that is insane. Is GA even really worth that? I was 15 rows back "rear stage" for $85 and it was fantastic, everyone was standing most of the show, jumping around, singing. Kinda cool to see the show from the point of view of the band. Was off to the corner a bit more so I could see the screen. Had a side view of Larry which was interesting since you usually only see the top of him, makes you appreciate his skill even more! They turned around a good amount too. Also got to see some of what goes on behind/under the stage.

And I'm not sure how GA works with going into the arena, but when I went to my seats last week around 7:15, there were plenty of good spots on the GA floor. Not against the rails, but still good.

I can't imagine the drops/cancellation line tomorrow. Maybe I won't go after all, is it worth it to bother? I should be grateful I saw one show from tickets I got in the general sale in Dec considering how fast everything sold out. Had such a good time though a 2nd would be fun from anywhere in the arena. Pretty confident they'll be back in 2016 though.

I was sec 112 row 15. Loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

He enjoyed it. Bopping around. But.... His legs hurt. :doh: he suggested I try to trade my 2 GA for 3 seats tomorrow. My wife said No Chance.

:lol:

Children

:cute:

Glad that it overall it was a success!

I was sec 112 row 15. Loved it.

111. I'm glad when I got them I didn't notice "Rear Stage", it might have made me pause (althought if I remember at that point after an hour & a half I was going to take anything anyway) - which is maybe why they were still available from others not snatching them up. I just saw $85 and that they were in the 100s lower level and frantically got them. So worth it.

111. I'm glad when I got them I didn't notice "Rear Stage", it might have made me pause (althought if I remember at that point after an hour & a half I was going to take anything anyway) - which is maybe why they were still available from others not snatching them up. I just saw $85 and that they were in the 100s lower level and frantically got them. So worth it.

I knew they were rear, but from other shows (U2, Police) I had a great time at MSG behind the stage... it's so open, it was great. It's not like old days when it's a wall of speakers behind band. In fact, I was in the aisle seat and could see the screen... only thing that didn't translate was Bono spitting water on Edge, but I've seen it. However, i noticed a lot more things I didn't see the other shows I went to as well. every seat, gives you a good view of something.

I actually had this seat (same one) for night 2, but solid it. If I knew they were going play that set...

A much smaller contingent, but yes.

Really? Haven't seen them around here yet. Though in Dublin they tried last tour I think, but got kicked out by security as we line up on the day of the show here. In Dublin especially, as Croke was in the middle of a neighbourhood, they had a zero tolerance on people loitering. Gardai told them to GTFO.

I'd love to see them try to pull this list shit here. We'll be ready to laugh.

Well, I didn't say they took their line policies with them. That I don't know. I was just answering the question about whether the traveling horses move on to Europe or not. :)

Figures. :D I'd love to see them try implementing their policies here. It'd be popcorn worthy to see their arses kicked to the back of the line for leaving.

I seem to recall getting a number for Dublin 1 during Vertigo. I think. It was a large contingent of Italians. The number was of course worthless. :lol:

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1438342801.835106.jpg

Dude, judging by those pictures, the whole mass of people in the front row had numbers. I think there was only one or two people at MSG Harding the reservation book. Major suckage for them.

Yes but did Amp have a number :wink:

My brain hurts from all the ass-fuckery going on in NYC right now.

And I've pretty much decided that I will NEVER see U2 (or possibly any other band) in NYC.

Chicago was nice and had special moments... and less ass-fuckery.

I knew things were going to get nasty for the last two shows, but wow!!

Yeah, the whole thing with security giving scalpers first chance at tickets, too, is making things worse. What a horrible scam! So with that law not allowing ticketless entry tickets, the venue security actually aids the scalpers in getting the cancellation tickets first... I guess I won't bitch anymore about ticketless entry cuz it does seem to squelch the scalpers somewhat.

For scalpers, I always just want to shout, "Get a real fucking job!!! Like the rest of us."

But anyway, that is only making the crazy fans crazier. The GA line must be horrible. This is a good show to see U2 in seats, methinks.

i'm not going to lie... i'm not upset by people saying they'll never come here to see them again.

it'll make it easier for we locals to get our tickets.

seriously though... the city proper has a population of 9 million. the metro area has 25 million. 8 arena shows is simply not enough to meet demand. then combine the limited number of cities they played this leg. the final shows of the first leg of the tour. it's a friday night show.

what did anyone expect? this was always going to be a clusterfuck.

what did anyone expect? this was always going to be a clusterfuck.

Yup. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I don't have the personality needed to go to a show without a ticket, but apparently lots of people do (or thought they did) so they are now freaking out. Combine that with crap employees at MSG and kablooey.

My brain hurts from all the ass-fuckery going on in NYC right now.

And I've pretty much decided that I will NEVER see U2 (or possibly any other band) in NYC.

Chicago was nice and had special moments... and less ass-fuckery.

I'd go if I had a ticket, but I think it's crazy to go there without tickets for the last couple of shows on the tour leg. Sure, it was pretty easy to get into the other shows on the tour, but if you didn't have tickets for the last two shows, then you probably should have just stayed home. A lot of people who are getting shafted are those who have seen them multiple times already though too, they probably should have just accepted that it was going to be a clusterfuck and not put themselves through it. That being said, the things going on with MSG security/scalpers etc is total bullshit, because you know darn well there's at least ONE poor sod trying to get a ticket who hasn't seen them at all :(

Last edited:
I keep seeing how security is "helping" the scalpers in the cancellation line. Can someone explain this more?

Don't people just wait in the "Box Office" line for drops? Of course scalpers can wait along with everyone else, just wondering how security is assisting.

I keep seeing how security is "helping" the scalpers in the cancellation line. Can someone explain this more?

Don't people just wait in the "Box Office" line for drops? Of course scalpers can wait along with everyone else, just wondering how security is assisting.

There's a lot more about the crazy shit going on in this thread starting about here Chris. I don't get a lot of it either but someone in here will probably be able to explain...

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f314/ticket-drops-thread-ii-219281-10.html#post7998226

they apparently "ignored" alleged scalpers who were hiding around the corner.

there was also the alleged "trampled" incident, that nobody was actually able to document and i can't even recall seeing a second source confirming the first story. i guess everyone forgot their cell phones during that one.

reality is probably somewhere in the middle... yes, there are scalpers there. yea, i'm sure some of them know MSG security guards well as they (the scalpers) work every gig there, and they know every trick in the books. and desperate U2 fans without tickets are probably getting emotional and over-stating things.

as was said earlier... i couldn't travel to a show without knowing i had a ticket.

I'd go if I had a ticket, but I think it's crazy to go there without tickets for the last couple of shows on the tour leg. Sure, it was pretty easy to get into the other shows on the tour, but if you didn't have tickets for the last two shows, then you probably should have just stayed home. A lot of people who are getting shafted are those who have seen them multiple times already though too, they probably should have just accepted that it was going to be a clusterfuck and not put themselves through it. That being said, the things going on with MSG security/scalpers etc is total bullshit, because you know darn well there's at least ONE poor sod trying to get a ticket who hasn't seen them at all :(

It highly bothers me when a institution (such a concert venue) is apparently also as corrupt as Ticketmaster. Why are they helping the scalpers? It almost seems like we're dealing with the mafia. It totally bothers me that there is corruption like this.

And I am totally comfortable going to a city without a ticket and trying to get a ticket. It did work at other shows on this tour. It was totally possible. When I got a GA ticket to Chicago 2 at a last minute drop, I was not able to get one for my husband. So we went to Chicago 2 with only me having a ticket. My friend who was already there was able to get one for my husband... but he did have an extra ticket for another Chicago night to trade and the trade worked beautifully. So I mean, in other cities it was totally possible. But my husband also came up early to Chicago knowing he might not get into Chicago 2 while I did because I was the one with the ticket.

But, yeah, I think it's nuts trying to get a ticket to the last two shows on this leg of the tour that also happen to be in NYC (a place with a lot of demand).
http://www.u2interference.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

as was said earlier... i couldn't travel to a show without knowing i had a ticket.

Definitely the same here. Even if it meant paying a little more ahead of time, I like having that assurance before actually planning the trip.

Not that I wouldn't be above going without one at some point, but it does make the thought process a bit easier.

I find it hard to believe how many people have such a crooked image of oneself and the world around him/her,

that they think they can just travel to NYC, and fix some tickets within 24-48 ish hours before the gig or even less..

Hellooooooo. they are doing arena's.:wave: Wake up

And to think these last two shows didn't really sell out too fast. Everyone either didn't want to shell out $312 for a seats, or is just wanted GAs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom