Periscope question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hollow Island

New Yorker
Are the streams official, or is it footage recorded by fans and streamed by them through the app?

Is it possible to record audio or video from U2 shows streamed on Periscope?

I don't know anything about this, but was excited when I heard it was streamed, and confused that there aren't any soundboard/pro-shot recordings online.

It's recorded and streamed by fans. U2 is doing Meerkat streams for certain songs but I haven't checked them out. As far as I know there's no way to record Periscope streams.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thanks for the response. I thought U2 streaming their shows for free was too good to be true, and that the complete lack of publicity for such an endeavour was odd.

It's recorded and streamed by fans. U2 is doing Meerkat streams for certain songs but I haven't checked them out. As far as I know there's no way to record Periscope streams.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think the meerkat thing is the portion of the show where Bono attempts to plug in a fan's phone to the screen. I can't get it to work so far...and it appears to be slightly delayed in terms of the live show. The periscope fan feeds and the audio on mixlr from Sil is in real time so I prefer to stick to that. :reject:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

How fucking cool is this! Imagine someone saying to you 20 years ago that not only would you be able to get a U2 record for free on your computer, but you'd be able to watch/listen to shows online in real time, or get high quality recordings the next day. It's the miracle (of technology). Amazing! I remember searching for bootleg VHS, CDs, cassettes and being overjoyed to find an old U2 show. Now we get real-time bootlegs! It's amazing. I'm so grateful to live in this age.

I thought we were spoiled when we had spotty underwater feeds during Vertigo (back when I lurked because I didn't want to make an account! ) and I remember the amazement at the feeds from places like 1000mikes. Now we have real time video streams. Some of which are views from the FLOOR. It is a glorious time to be a U2 fan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Is there a free version of this app? Went to check for it on my ipad mini and the only one I found is $1.99

Is there a free version of this app? Went to check for it on my ipad mini and the only one I found is $1.99

I don't think there's a free one for ipad but I have it on my iphone that I got for free. When I opened up my apps on my ipad I couldn't find it so I went to the app store and could only find the one for $1.99.

Just select 'iPhone only' on the top left pull down of the app store while on your iPad. Download the iPhone version for free.

I dont seem to have that option on the ipad mini.

I did install it on my iphone 6. So do you just follow the user that will be broadcasting and it will show up in your stream?

I dont seem to have that option on the ipad mini.

I did install it on my iphone 6. So do you just follow the user that will be broadcasting and it will show up in your stream?

I just found it on my mini after reading that was an option. But I haven't updated mine in a while so I can't get the app to load until I update.

And yes…it's super easy to follow along but people will cut their feed without warning at anytime so just follow along in the setlist thread because everyone is constantly updating who has a live feed going.

Someone will usually post different people streaming in the setlist party threads.

Setlist party threads with Periscope links have just been amazing. I need to limit myself though as I probably won't be seeing this tour until sometime in 2016. I sort of think that viewing a hundred shows live on your computer, over the course of a year, prior to seeing a show might reduce the fun of seeing that first show.

Someone will usually post different people streaming in the setlist party threads.

Thanks Sicy. I have been attending the setlist parties but viewing periscope on my HP computer. I have been playing around and I think I know what to do - will have a go later today.

Someone in the setlist party thread said you can go to Twitter and search for "u2 periscope" (don't use a hashtag). Click the "live" tab, and any new people streaming should pop up and you can follow the link.

Will try that tonight.

Can someone tell me how to view Periscope on my Apple TV? I can watch it on my MacBook Air, and on my iPhone, but I can't figure out the Apple TV. Google searching is not helping.

***update, figured it out, everything except how to turn the screen when people film sideways. Last night I had my laptop sideways, won't work with my giant TV on the wall :)

Back
Top Bottom