paris show saturdaY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I have read, only Saturday cancellation has been spoken of. So Sunday might still go on...

It's delusional to think ANY U2 show will be taking place as scheduled anytime soon in Paris. France is in a state of emergency right now with national mourning officially for three days and cancellations of events at least until Thursday. The U2 crew has already started packing stuff in at Bercy, which means they are leaving Paris. And RIGHTFULLY so. The band and the fans should get out of the city asap. It's a devastating and unbelievable tragedy and a U2 concert or HBO broadcast should really be one of the last things to worry about right now.

Not officially cancelling both shows at once is a bit of an oversight on U2.com's account

This won't have been a decision the band have taken, but I'm sure they'd wouldn't want to play anyway, it's not a time for rock concerts. Apparently they will play Paris at some point in the future, a "at an appropriate time".

Please, don't say fans should leave the city. It's like saying Parisians should stay at home. I live in Paris, where am I supposed to go? What about the 2 other millions citizens? I understand U2 is leaving, it definitely makes sense.
But I am going to live as I usually do, I want to be safe, yes, and I want everyone to stay safe. But I will not stop living my life.

Please, don't say fans should leave the city. It's like saying Parisians should stay at home. I live in Paris, where am I supposed to go? What about the 2 other millions citizens? I understand U2 is leaving, it definitely makes sense.
But I am going to live as I usually do, I want to be safe, yes, and I want everyone to stay safe. But I will not stop living my life.

:hug: Stay safe, we're all thinking about you guys.

This is a horrible situation, yes, absolutely, and I understand that the gigs are postponed now. But I don't see U2 leaving. They never have bowed down to threats and I doubt they will now. The city needs healing, music heals, they'll play the shows. Be it later, but they will.

If borders are closed they might head back to Eze till they can leave the country. Obviously they will come back stronger than ever.

If borders are closed they might head back to Eze till they can leave the country. Obviously they will come back stronger than ever.

Borders aren"t "closed" as in: No one can get in or out, there are just very strict controls right now. As I understand, flights and train services are operated, sometimes with delays because of the longer queues at security checks, but U2 and the team shouldn't have any troubles leaving France.

It's been such a surreal day, but I'm glad both gigs got eventually cancelled. I'm sure U2 will be back.

Borders aren"t "closed" as in: No one can get in or out, there are just very strict controls right now. As I understand, flights and train services are operated, sometimes with delays because of the longer queues at security checks, but U2 and the team shouldn't have any troubles leaving France.

It's been such a surreal day, but I'm glad both gigs got eventually cancelled. I'm sure U2 will be back.

Thanks for clearing that up. Glad to hear they are not in total lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom