Paper AND Paperless Tickets in Vancouver?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockontheedge

Babyface
Goodness I can't believe it's been over a decade since I've posted to Interference...? :wave: PLEBA made for such great homework procrastination... Anyway, my love of U2 has of course continued and grown -- I adore the new album, it just struck me to the core, and I can't wait to see the band and these songs awakened on tour.

Anyhow, I've run into an odd situation I haven't seen discussed on any of the fan sites, and wanted to float this to the community in case this has happened to any of you. I lucked out and was able to get GA tickets to both Thursday and Friday in Vancouver. I was GA on the Edge's side in Charlottesville and around the catwalk in Baltimore on the 360 Tour and it was fantastic! :hyper:

There's been a ton of coverage about the move to paperless tickets for GA, and the possible cluster that may or may not ensue. So I was expecting, if I needed to trade or sell my tickets, I would have to set up an exchange and we'd all walk in together.

However...when I went to go log into Ticketmaster to check on the orders and print out my receipts, I was surprised to see this on my order for Thursday:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ZobssbMRXFckdDeWZkVHEwcUU/view?usp=sharing

And this for Friday:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ZobssbMRXFWkgtcGhhNDZ6b1k/view?usp=sharing

The Thursday tickets I ordered on the phone, while the Friday tickets were ordered online. But what's confusing, is I was under the impression that all GA tickets were paperless, except in a few cities where it wasn't allowed (NYC, I believe). But it looks like according to Ticketmaster, I'm going to receive paper tickets for Thursday, and I'm paperless for Friday.

Has this happened to anyone else? I prefer the hardcopy tickets for sure, but I'm not sure if people will think it's odd that I somehow have paper GA tickets to a show that's supposedly paperless GA. :ohmy: Thank you all, this is really boggling me...

:ohmy:
I hope they don't send me anything, as I'm flying out to Vancouver this friday...

I had another problem today.
I have to sell a San José ticket, and TM wouldn't let me sell it or transfer it. :|

Back
Top Bottom