Opening act?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of these bands are awfully small compared to who has been opening for them recently, IMO.

Honestly, as long as they don't pick some other has-been act like Lenny Kravitz, I'll at least respect their decision.

A younger, up-and-coming artist is always more refreshing to see, even if it's not particularly up my alley.

You know who has a really annoying band name? Alvvays.

Which is a shame, cause apparently they're the next big thing and their videos feature vignettes from favorite childhood haunts of mine, but..the name :|

Sent from my ass crack

I'm pretty mad that the VVar On Drugs copied this whole trend too.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

How about they just create some holograms of Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze and have them do a chippendales routine!....
It would fit with the album cover...
#homomania2015?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hozier is too big to need u2's. He could do multiple theaters and possible a couple Arenas in some North American markets.

CHVRCHES is working on their album after 2 solid years of touring.

1-2 cities is fine, But no way could I see either doing a full tour leg. I'm in the "Lykke Li or nothing" camp.

Here we go again... For the past so many years, U2 hardly had artists opening that NEED U2.
Like BB King, Snow Patrol, Jay-Z, Oasis, Lenny Kravitz and Muse "needed U2". What's your point?

I do hope that Lykke Li jumps on board.:up:

I could totally see K-oS on tour with U2.

- musically diverse, something in his sets for everyone from soul to hip hop to rock

- has a diverse following, both culture and age-wise

If you've ever seen him live, and taken a look around you at the packed crowd, you know what I mean.

I don't think Li is big enough to open for U2 yet. People are mainly jumping on board for her because of The Troubles, and while its in my top 3 songs on the album, realistically not many here knew of her before. :shrug:

Sent from my ass crack

Here we go again... For the past so many years, U2 hardly had artists opening that NEED U2.
Like BB King, Snow Patrol, Jay-Z, Oasis, Lenny Kravitz and Muse "needed U2". What's your point?

I do hope that Lykke Li jumps on board.:up:

Jay wanted fans down under, Snow/Oasis wanted more fans in the US, Lenny Kravitz was desperate not to become a theater act and Muse wanted more fans in the southern US/get some pointers on being a Stadium act.

I could totally see K-oS on tour with U2.

- musically diverse, something in his sets for everyone from soul to hip hop to rock

- has a diverse following, both culture and age-wise

If you've ever seen him live, and taken a look around you at the packed crowd, you know what I mean.

I don't think Li is big enough, nor has the body of work to open for U2 yet. Another album, a charted song or two, maybe. People are mainly jumping on board for her because of The Troubles, and while its in my top 3 songs on the album, realistically not many here knew of her before. :shrug:

K-Os had trouble selling a 400 capacity venue here. He's a resident here in Vancouver.

Lykke Li has THREE albums with more hits/strong songs than several past u2 openers. I've been tracking her career for 6 years now and she a borderline theater act.

Jay wanted fans down under, Snow/Oasis wanted more fans in the US, Lenny Kravitz was desperate not to become a theater act and Muse wanted more fans in the southern US/get some pointers on being a Stadium act.

K-Os had trouble selling a 400 capacity venue here. He's a resident here in Vancouver.

Lykke Li has THREE albums with more hits/strong songs than several past u2 openers. I've been tracking her career for 6 years now and she a borderline theater act.

Uh, sorry, what charted hits does she have again?

In his last FIVE albums, k-os has had actual certifiable chart and radio success, and his music will appeal to a wider base of people. He's releasing a SIXTH album Jan 2015. The show you are referring to must have been an anomoly, he's had no problem selling theatres and festivals across North America for years.

Sent from my ass crack

Back
Top Bottom