Opening act?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a fan of The Airborne Toxic Event, I can't help but notice their European leg of their own tour seems to finish at an ever so convenient time...

There were plenty of $70 (before TM fees) tickets this tour. Also many $250+ tix for 360...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Thanks for that tips. My point is I'd be pissed about paying $300 to a show and no opening act. I bought GA floor seats for Montreal and they came to $100 and it doesn't matter what they cost before TM fees because we still pay TM fees. Fact is ticket prices on this tour are much higher overall than they were last time around. I understand why too but like I said I wouldn't be pleased with paying more than I did last tour and no opening act. In fact I paid $250 for tickets last tour with better seats in Vancouver than my $300 tickets this time around and Black Eyed Peas opened so....... My point stands despite being "educated" on ticket prices from last tour and this tour. Something I already knew.

As a fan of The Airborne Toxic Event, I can't help but notice their European leg of their own tour seems to finish at an ever so convenient time...

That would be fucking awsome!

they should get Woodkid as the opening act in Paris, then Lykke Li can sing with him and later on The Troubles :lol:

Would love to see some Canadian rock talent open on the Canadian dates. Something like Arkells or Sam Roberts.. I think that would be cool. Or, wait.. maybe... NICKELBACK

Would love to see some Canadian rock talent open on the Canadian dates. Something like Arkells or Sam Roberts.. I think that would be cool. Or, wait.. maybe... NICKELBACK
lol, if U2 truly want their crowd to hate them...

I meant that newest Muse song was notoriously boring. You can take a listen somewhere, it's called Psycho.

lol, yeah haven't listened to it yet. I'm afraid of the new album, if I don't like it it's 2 crap albums in a row for me. That would suck bigtime, since Muse used to be my 2nd favourite band.

U2 basically did that before Pearl Jam - though they were pretending to be different people (Dalton Brothers). I would pay good money to see them dressed up like that again just for the LOLs ;)

I wouldn't exactly say U2 did it before Pearl Jam because of the Dalton Brothers appearances.
Playing 2 songs as a gag is a little different form a full acoustic set of your own material.

U2 should try to score the opening gig slot for Rush's upcoming "Final Farewell" tour. This would give U2 a second chance to work out the new songs after they had to abandon the promo tour in front of one of rock music's most discerning audiences. It would also be a coup for U2 and widen their appeal by introducing themselves to the Rush fanbase, and would go a long way to repairing U2's damaged credibly to be associated with well respected, Juno award winning RUSH.

Bonus: Lee, Lifeson and Peart could teach Clayton, Edge and Mullen how to play their instruments.

Win-win.

U2 should try to score the opening gig slot for Rush's upcoming "Final Farewell" tour. This would give U2 a second chance to work out the new songs after they had to abandon the promo tour in front of one of rock music's most discerning audiences. It would also be a coup for U2 and widen their appeal by introducing themselves to the Rush fanbase, and would go a long way to repairing U2's damaged credibly to be associated with well respected, Juno award winning RUSH.

Bonus: Lee, Lifeson and Peart could teach Clayton, Edge and Mullen how to play their instruments.

Win-win.

I don't think U2 could ever open for Rush. Rush could open for U2, that could be cool maybe. Rush is a great band with a huge fan base but unfortunately U2 opening for them just wouldn't work. I do see your point though!

Win-win.

????

I don't think U2 could ever open for Rush. Rush could open for U2, that could be cool maybe. Rush is a great band with a huge fan base but unfortunately U2 opening for them just wouldn't work. I do see your point though!

tumblr_m1oc2zqSlP1qmi5vro1_250.gif

When were the Vertigo & 360 openers announced?

I'm starting to think U2 does:

-45-60 minute set
-30 minute acoustic set
-15 min break
-45-60 minute set

Wild guess but seems plausible.

Back
Top Bottom