Open Letter to Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anandvn

Babyface
Dear Bono,
I wanted to write you a letter to tell you how much I love the new rendition of Bullet the Blue Sky. However, (and there always is one) I take issue with one part of it. For some reason you feel the need to explain your success to your critics. I cannot fathom what it is that makes human beings so thick: A long as you are starving they love you. God help you if you actually succeed. Success makes you a sellout. Utter and complete horse pucky.
Now if the critics are in your head, then there's not much I can tell you other than that there are legions of us who understand what you are trying to accomplish and that without the means, it would be almost impossible to accomplish those things. Big Ideas deserve a plan.

Peace.

I interpreted it much differently. I thought he was talking to Leo during his rant.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I heard 'Song 4 Someone' on the radio yesterday while i was riding home from the county lockup. I couldn't help thinking what a great song this was, and how much better sounding U2 have become as they have matured from the angry young men who sang songs like 'bullet the blue sky', etc.

I would tell Bono - to lay off bike riding - and play some reach around.

I heard 'Song 4 Someone' on the radio yesterday while i was riding home from the county lockup. I couldn't help thinking what a great song this was, and how much better sounding U2 have become as they have matured from the angry young men who sang songs like 'bullet the blue sky', etc.

... Really?

... Really?

Yes of course! S4S is a great classic u2 melody, much in the vein of 'stuck in a moment' or 'walk on', two of my all time favorites. I don't care for much of what u2 did early on in their career, especially in the 90-s and the 80-s. For me they really didn't get interesting until about 2001 with ATYCLB and especially in 2004 with their best ever album HTDAAB.

The new album is fantastic, with the exception of those odd tracks at the end. The beginning riffs of 'The Miracle' is just pure fist-in-the-air badd-ass-ery. They haven't sounded this fresh since 'Vertigo' or even 'Elevation' (though i guess i could i give an honorable mention shout out to GOYB or 'Stand up Comedy').

Volcano is another one of those high octane rockers that sounds good blaring from the open windows of my double-cab pickup truck when im driving out to the range to shoot at some coyotes who keep getting after some poor farmer's chickens. A man's got to make a good livin' after all, no thanks to that Obama fellow.

Oh, you do know why i was being released from county lockup don't ya? Those rumors about me being some kind of rural meth kingpin just ain't true. Just folks messin' around i guess.

Back
Top Bottom