OMAZE or Amazing rip off - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-02-2016, 03:54 AM   #1
The Fly
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 32
Local Time: 01:29 PM
OMAZE or Amazing rip off

after the heavy promotion on a few U2 linked site and of course the association with Bono and the (RED) campaign I thought it was worth following.

It was my understanding that this was a chance globally to donate a bit of money and maybe win an experience of a lifetime.

what the organizers of the site / auction fail to disclose was that the winners would almost wholly come from US ZIP codes , so those outside the US , thankyou for being mugs and you donations but really , unless you are US base you dont stand a chance.

They announced the latest round of winners and 99.9 were again American except one Aussie fan

and looking back at past winners , again mostly americans !!!!!

worth remembering the next time you see anything advertised by these rip off merchants
__________________

hennesd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:15 AM   #2
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,184
Local Time: 01:29 PM
OMAZE or Amazing rip off

What were the percentages of participants? Do you have these numbers?

You've been pissed about this contest since day one haven't you?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:51 AM   #3
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 66,787
Local Time: 11:29 AM
I don't know how OMAZE can come back from an exposure like this.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Local Time: 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennesd72 View Post
after the heavy promotion on a few U2 linked site and of course the association with Bono and the (RED) campaign I thought it was worth following.

It was my understanding that this was a chance globally to donate a bit of money and maybe win an experience of a lifetime.

what the organizers of the site / auction fail to disclose was that the winners would almost wholly come from US ZIP codes , so those outside the US , thankyou for being mugs and you donations but really , unless you are US base you dont stand a chance.

They announced the latest round of winners and 99.9 were again American except one Aussie fan

and looking back at past winners , again mostly americans !!!!!

worth remembering the next time you see anything advertised by these rip off merchants
The Australian winner gets a portrait painted by James Franco..I guess he won that only because he doesn't have to be in the States (the picture can be painted from an image...)?
As I understand all other winners have to be on location...in the US...so they choose US people in order to save the flight costs...
They should let the people from outside the US know that they won't be choosen to "win"... (although Omaze says that it is randomized...by amount of entries..well the people that won must be very rich then...)
dora123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,637
Local Time: 02:29 PM
More like omazing rip off, amirite??
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #6
The Fly
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 32
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dora123 View Post
The Australian winner gets a portrait painted by James Franco..I guess he won that only because he doesn't have to be in the States (the picture can be painted from an image...)?
As I understand all other winners have to be on location...in the US...so they choose US people in order to save the flight costs...
They should let the people from outside the US know that they won't be choosen to "win"... (although Omaze says that it is randomized...by amount of entries..well the people that won must be very rich then...)

Agree totally , they should be honest up front about it that winners will "randomly" chosen from the USA 😵
People may still choose to donate being a good cause but to lead people on with a promise they get to do something amazing when in reality the odds are stacked against them is bullshit

Your right BVS this has stank from the off😝
hennesd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,637
Local Time: 02:29 PM
I spent a year's salary trying to win that 1.5 billion dollar powerball a couple of weeks ago. Figured I had it made. Then I found out that that's not how fucking random drawings work. Wish somebody had told me that ahead of time. Now I live in a van down by the river.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #8
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Local Time: 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennesd72 View Post
Agree totally , they should be honest up front about it that winners will "randomly" chosen from the USA ������
People may still choose to donate being a good cause but to lead people on with a promise they get to do something amazing when in reality the odds are stacked against them is bullshit

Your right BVS this has stank from the off������
They say that the winners are selected by random.org..

https://support.omaze.com/hc/en-us/a...inners-chosen-

If you look at the former winners...it seems to me that there is a "system..." a citizen of Poland/Europe won a movie premiere..in London/Europe...well there was one from Australia winning something in Madrid/Spain (maybe a mistake of Omaze ), another one from Netherlands/Europe met Daniel Craig in London/Europe...and all the other experiences seemed taking place in the US...with winners from the US.

Of course I'm also disappointed that I'm not the one that will meet Bono..but more it annoys me that this is not a fair thing...

If I knew that before I'd have used the Paypal account of a friend of mine who lives in the US....
dora123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:49 AM   #9
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,184
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennesd72 View Post



Your right BVS this has stank from the off😝

Except that you haven't understood it from the get go.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:03 AM   #10
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,184
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dora123 View Post
Of course I'm also disappointed that I'm not the one that will meet Bono..but more it annoys me that this is not fair...

How is it not fair? Or are you just proceeding under the assumption of this poster that's been bitching about the contest as soon as it was announced? It was a US centric contest, so the percentages of US participants is probably pretty high, there's a list of like 12 countries that couldn't participate, the people that dropped the big 75,000 donations had a greater chance, and the contest says you have to have all your valid papers.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #11
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Local Time: 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
How is it not fair? Or are you just proceeding under the assumption of this poster that's been bitching about the contest as soon as it was announced? It was a US centric contest, so the percentages of US participants is probably pretty high, there's a list of like 12 countries that couldn't participate, the people that dropped the big 75,000 donations had a greater chance, and the contest says you have to have all your valid papers.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
1. There winners don't look like people who can donate 75.000 $...

2. Well, Europe (where I am from) has about 740 millions of residents while the US has only about 320 million residents, which means that U2 might have also more fans here in Europe instead of the US (I guess that most of the participants of Bono bike ride are U2 fans/Bono fans) . And there is NO winner of Europe... for none of these experiences (not only the bike ride) And you think it's why there were more people participating from the US??

This was not a US centric contest...the experience takes place, but the contest has been promoted across the world.
dora123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #12
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,184
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dora123 View Post
1. There winners don't look like people who can donate 75.000 $...

2. Well, Europe (where I am from) has about 740 millions of residents while the US has only about 320 million residents, which means that U2 might have also more fans here in Europe instead of the US (I guess that most of the participants of Bono bike ride are U2 fans/Bono fans) . And there is NO winner of Europe... for none of these experiences (not only the bike ride) And you think it's why there were more people participating from the US??

I don't know, I didn't see any pictures and try not to judge based on appearances.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:32 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 07:29 PM
i had a look at the site, and some guy won "45 seconds of non-stop compliments from George Clooney"
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:39 AM   #14
The Fly
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 32
Local Time: 01:29 PM
That's alright BVS your apology is accepted , no offence was taken
hennesd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:55 AM   #15
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,184
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennesd72 View Post
That's alright BVS your apology is accepted , no offence was taken



Here's the thing; you know that long list of fine print that always come with a contest like this? There's a reason for it. The reason is to cover their ass, because they are liable to perform the actions they claim, otherwise you could sue. So if the two of you really believe you uncovered some great conspiracy then you should move forward and file a law suit.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com