No more second guitar? Nonsense!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

in live Who tours they had a keyboardist on stage at times I think.... :der:

the name bob pridden comes to mind but he might
have been their live show engineer (its been like 40 yrs or so :D )

and backing tracks of which on the Quad tour would screw up from time to time

:lol:

in live Who tours they had a keyboardist on stage at times I think.... :der:

the name bob pridden comes to mind but he might
have been their live show engineer (its been like 40 yrs or so :D )

and backing tracks of which on the Quad tour would screw up from time to time

John "Rabbit" Bundrick...toured with them for decades.

Onstage in the coliseum, Bono worked the space with the assurance of a longtime frontman, often using his left hand to grasp the microphone or to point a finger skyward. But he is still recovering. “It feels like I have somebody else’s hand,” he said backstage. Pointing to his curled fourth finger and pinky, he said, “I can’t bend these, and this” — he pointed to another part of his hand — “is like rigor mortis. But they say that nerves heal about a millimeter a week, so in about 13 months I should know if it’s coming back.” He gestured to his forearm and elbow. “It’s all numb here, and this is titanium,” he said. “The shoulder’s better, the face is better.”

He held up his hand again. “But this is the hard bit because I can’t play guitar,” he said, then glanced at the other band members. “They don’t seem to mind,” he said with a half-grin.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/0...to-now-turbulence-included.html?_r=1&referrer

Not so much nonsense after all. Bono's not playing guitar this tour.

Dallas needs to be under the stage to trigger Edge's effects remotely if he walks away from his pedalboard, plus he tunes each guitar for the next song and gets everything ready if additional stuff is used (like slides for example). There's no way he could comfortably do this on stage and play guitar as well.

Dallas is very depressed these days because he's embarrassed that he has to play folk dad rock and not be in the spotlight.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

???

Dallas has never played a guitar under the stage. He was preparing stuff for Edge.

You really think Dallas has never added bits of guitar to U2 live? Wow ok so why would they just randomly let him play on video during the this is video shoot if he hasn't?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom