No Extra Toronto Shows - Strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marcust99

The Fly
Wow I'm kinda shocked to see that Toronto didn't get an extra pair of shows. It's always been a U2 hotbed as last time the ACC there were 4 shows.

Even on u2.com Toronto is marked as "sold out".

Perhaps they'll announce more later. There's certainly room in the calendar for more...

not really. what is total crap is that they they say both concerts have not many left. that is a complete fabrication. as of about 4:30 pm Eastern, there were several hundred in the upper level middle sections. then i guess all the people of Toronto got home from work and decided to buy U2 tickets in the rafters for 300 each since now there are not many there...

what a joke.

it does not surprise me that they have not added another show. people are not prepared to pay to see U2 in this city.

unless U2 missed the memo....

Canadians’ debt at ‘unsustainable’ level to keep pace with home prices: Fitch - The Globe and Mail

and it is the holiday season. honestly, 300 hundred.

to avoid egg on their face, someone made all those empty seats disappear.

I don't blame Torontonians one bit for not paying those prices. Buffalo/Cleveland/Detroit are towns that would normally buy up tickets and take a road trip, but are blue collar and can't afford it. I'm a diehard fan but would've skipped it this time around if I had to fork over $600 (300 each for myself and a gf who is luke warm about this sort of thing).

I don't blame Torontonians one bit for not paying those prices. Buffalo/Cleveland/Detroit are towns that would normally buy up tickets and take a road trip, but are blue collar and can't afford it. I'm a diehard fan but would've skipped it this time around if I had to fork over $600 (300 each for myself and a gf who is luke warm about this sort of thing).

good point. never even thought about that impact also. but you're completely bang on. if they could not sell out 2 shows, NO chance of selling a third at the same price and 100% certain they don't sell out a 4th.

But obviously people in those other markets have no issue with paying $300 for shitty seats or there wouldn't be more shows announced.

What's strange for TO is that it's a huge big money city and we're only getting two shows. Toronto is no small market town.

Toronto is a big money town, but it's concentrated among a small (and shrinking) part of the population. It also thinks it's a very cool city now, and cool people don't like U2.

That's because Toronto crowds are dead compared to vibrant concert cities like Montreal, Chicago etc... especially Montreal. I live in Ontario and shows in TO don't even compare to the energy of MTL.

That's because Toronto crowds are dead compared to vibrant concert cities like Montreal, Chicago etc... especially Montreal. I live in Ontario and shows in TO don't even compare to the energy of MTL.

But that has absolutely zero bearing on why there weren't two more shows added. It's strictly about $$$ and obviously in TO people aren't willing to jump all over $300 (and $625) tickets.

The only thing that matters is sales, and im still pulling up tickets for both shows. That's why there's no 3rd and 4th

funny, apparently despite earlier this morning them showing minimal seating in the middles upper deck TO1, all of sudden, TM turns the map off for TO2 and then voila, i pull, in less than 2 minutes, sets of 4 in s. 308, row 9, 322, r 6, 320, r10, 322, r11, 310, r6....sold out. fuck off LN and TM.

there are still tickets left, $300 for an upper bowl ticket beside the stage...what the fuck

The most IDIOTIC thing is that for Toronto they are selling "Platinum Seats" BEHIND THE STAGE for $495 a pop. The only thing go you get for your $500 besides a seat is

"Get some of the best seats in the house. Live it up in Official Platinum Seats—and savor special bragging rights before and after the show!"

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/u2-innoce...ink=edp_buytix

WTF. I almost feel embarrassed to be a U2 fan when I see crap like this. C'mon guys REALLY??

The most IDIOTIC thing is that for Toronto they are selling "Platinum Seats" BEHIND THE STAGE for $495 a pop. The only thing go you get for your $500 besides a seat is

"Get some of the best seats in the house. Live it up in Official Platinum Seats—and savor special bragging rights before and after the show!"

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/u2-innoce...ink=edp_buytix

WTF. I almost feel embarrassed to be a U2 fan when I see crap like this. C'mon guys REALLY??

funny, searching best available yields high demand...but search VIP package, bamn....These tickets held for: 01:52

Sec 103
Row 16, Seats 3-12 - 10 seats together....VIP fan package.
$260.00 ea

But obviously people in those other markets have no issue with paying $300 for shitty seats or there wouldn't be more shows announced.

But in other cities the $300 seats were all lowers I believe. Toronto to my knowledge was the only venue to have $300 uppers (and kind of shocked they did). Boston the balconies were all either $113.45, $82.75 and a smattering of $47.00 tix.

But in other cities the $300 seats were all lowers I believe. Toronto to my knowledge was the only venue to have $300 uppers (and kind of shocked they did). Boston the balconies were all either $113.45, $82.75 and a smattering of $47.00 tix.

wow...they sure fucked us in TO then.

LA had top tier priced uppers. First 5-10 rows of the upper were $275

i feel slightly less bad now.... although you can see a person getting roped into "few left", "heavy demand we are turning off the seat map", "try again"....saying, fuck, i am going to get nothing so i better buy something...i'm sure these are the best. i better just take what i can get.

It appears no extra Toronto shows may be part of the original plan. There is no room between the existing Toronto shows and Boston to add any extras. Yes, there is room beforehand, and U2 have occasionally added extra shows before those announced first, but that's very rare - and, if Chicago goes to six shows, it requires the fifth and sixth there to be added before the four currently announced. It could happen but it's rather unlikely.

Given Toronto has traditionally been U2's strongest Canadian market, it makes me wonder if this is part of building demand for stadium shows there in 2016.

It appears no extra Toronto shows may be part of the original plan. There is no room between the existing Toronto shows and Boston to add any extras. Yes, there is room beforehand, and U2 have occasionally added extra shows before those announced first, but that's very rare - and, if Chicago goes to six shows, it requires the fifth and sixth there to be added before the four currently announced. It could happen but it's rather unlikely.

Given Toronto has traditionally been U2's strongest Canadian market, it makes me wonder if this is part of building demand for stadium shows there in 2016.

there is no demand for two arena shows. unless the prices change, good luck...given i paid CAD $180.00 for Red Zone for 360 (sept 17, 2009) and CAD $125.00 for Red Zone (Sept 16, 2009), i'd say there is no fucking way they sell out rogers at even 360 prices today for this new tour.

the amount for the 16th show might be off....i confirmed the 17th was 180 per.

Sorry this there is no demand logic doesn't hold. What's it based on? The availability of a few tickets still? Montreal still has expensive tickets available and yet they still announced two more shows.

Sent from my ass crack

I got 2 tix for each show in Toronto - lower bowl for $300 each. I must admit I was very surprised at the ticket prices. After I got tix for the first show, I thought ok I'll go for the upper bowl for the second show for maybe $100 each. I couldn't believe upper bowl was $300 still. Just sections "off to the side" were $100 and I thought there may be a partially obstructed view with those. A day later and I feel a bit of "buyers remorse". Prices are crazy. I'm a huge fan of the band and I guess I'm willing to pay that money for something that doesn't really happen that often but I completely understand casual fans taking one look at the prices and saying f-that. It's just too much money. There needed to be more reasonable prices. $300 for upper bowl? C'mon. Vertigo your U2 did 4 sold out shows at the same arena.

Did Montreal have same prices for upper bowl too?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't think Chicago sold fast because of money/people wanting to pay $300 for balcony seats. If you do not have a passport or special driver's license, Toronto is out meaning for a big chunk of the USA, Chicago is the only location within a day's drive. Granted, I would go to the United Center over the Palace (in MI, not really Detroit) any time even though it's almost twice as far, but there was no choice in where I or any of my friends in west Michigan could see U2. Even among diehard fans, most of us do not fly around or travel internationally. Also, I was able to pickup GA tickets immediately during the second presale and the general sale, so they weren't completely gone right away like it seems for some other venues.

I don't believe that you need an international driver's licence to cross the border - none of my friends have ever gotten one.

Having said that I do agree with you on the willingness of people to travel.

I've said since the beginning that I didn't see getting the two shows before the announced dates and that I thought they'd go to Chicago.

If you want to get back into MI you cannot without a passport or the special license (EDL). I'm not sure if it works the other way (if Canada has the same rules about going to the USA and back). You cannot return across the US border without an EDL or passport. The requirement is on the US side; I don't think you need it just to enter Canada but have fun getting home! ;) I thought about getting an EDL last time my license expired, but decided to just renew my passport eventually since either way I need to provide a birth certificate and there is a cost to both, so might as well have a full passport (EDL only works for Canada, Mexico, and some Caribbean places).

Back
Top Bottom