new tour info: rock or acustic version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kenekila

Babyface
Hy everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows more about the Bono interview where he said they're going to do 2 dates in every city with different sound, one rock and the other one acustic..........???????????

Since I REALLY want to see them again, but NOT in the acustic version, to me it's really important try to purchase the ticket for the right date.. anyone who knows if they're playing the acustic one in which date??

Thanks, and good luck with the presale!! :hug:
K.

Bono says many things, not all of them should be taken that seriously.

There's nothing official, so it's all speculation at this point.

While indeed both shows will have a different "feeling", I (and I guess I'm with the majority) don't believe it'll be a drastic electric/acoustic difference.

The fact that they didn't specify what they meant by that, makes it reasonable to believe that they won't come up with such a huge difference between shows.

Both shows should have electric and acoustic elements, but probably one will have a bit more of one than the other.

Again, all of this is speculation.

Nice of them to say all of this stuff beforehand and then keep people in the dark when it actually comes time to purchase tickets.

Were still going to buy tickets though arent we,they have us round their fingers

Can you imagine the complaints, if you could only attend one show and then come to find out it was all acoustic? I'd be pissed lol.

Can you imagine the complaints, if you could only attend one show and then come to find out it was all acoustic? I'd be pissed lol.

I know. I wish they would be a little more specific with what they had up their sleeve. Also wish they would announce some additional dates, and while we are at it, i wish i had a giant pink elephant in my backyard that shat golden froot loops into a pot of wild mushrooms.

Exactly.. they have been my first love since I was 12, but when I manage to see them live was such a huge disappointment.. It was 1994 Zooropa tour in Turin.. half concert with Bono and Edge with a guitar.. sorry but that's not my thing. I wanna ROCK!!! I never try to do that again until now.. the first good album in 15 years.. and they want to do the same acustic s***!??!! I cannot believe it.. :doh::doh::doh:

I really really hope you're right guys!!!:up:

If I was a betting man I'd guess that 2/3 of the main set would be quite different from one night to the next (at least at the beginning of the tour:D) and then a "home stretch" 5 or 6 stone-cold classics like they have many times before, then maybe different first encores on each night and then a pretty similar last 2 or 3 songs for encore 2.

I'm a little nervous about this as someone who only has tickets to night one of my weekend. I'm hoping to later snag a resell of a ticket for night 2. I feel like it won't be acoustic/electric more than it will be the content of the songs. I'd rather be at the Experience night, but we still have no idea how this is working, so I still went with night one.

I'm a little nervous about this as someone who only has tickets to night one of my weekend. I'm hoping to later snag a resell of a ticket for night 2. I feel like it won't be acoustic/electric more than it will be the content of the songs. I'd rather be at the Experience night, but we still have no idea how this is working, so I still went with night one.

Also I've seen several times the idea that innocence=acoustic / experience=rock, but in case they go the acoustic/rock route, it may be the other way around:
Innocence more focused on punk/rock and the experience with the string section.

From the staging set up it looks pretty obvious there are two stages the smaller one for acoustic numbers no way they would do a full acoustic gig

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

We're all just guessing, aren't we? It'd have been nice to know what the difference between the nights is going to be but maybe THEY don't know yet further than they just want a distinction. I got 2 nights, one seated and one standing, and I hope I've picked the more rocky night to be jumping about down the front

From the staging set up it looks pretty obvious there are two stages the smaller one for acoustic numbers no way they would do a full acoustic gig

Not everywhere. London's stage is a strip in the middle of the arena

yeah, gotcha - the two "end bits" - the rectangular and the circular - aren't on my tickets diagram BUT there is a blank space for them to be added, so I think you're right

yeah, gotcha - the two "end bits" - the rectangular and the circular - aren't on my tickets diagram BUT there is a blank space for them to be added, so I think you're right

Kinda ties in with what they have been talking about

It seems pretty obvious the stage is a variation on previous tours with a B Stage for the acoustic numbers. It's just this time around, it's one long stage bisecting the floor in two halves with the main stage with Larry's full drum kit, Adam and The Edge's full amp rigs and on the other end, a smaller set-up probably much like the ZooTV and Popmart B Stages. I would bet good money despite some seating charts that the Red Zones will be on either side of the "main" stage.

It seems pretty obvious the stage is a variation on previous tours with a B Stage for the acoustic numbers. It's just this time around, it's one long stage bisecting the floor in two halves with the main stage with Larry's full drum kit, Adam and The Edge's full amp rigs and on the other end, a smaller set-up probably much like the ZooTV and Popmart B Stages. I would bet good money despite some seating charts that the Red Zones will be on either side of the "main" stage.

that makes sense; seems for the night I've got a seat it'll be v. close to the b stage then (but obvs quite a way from the main stage, lol)

I was only to buy tickets 15-30 minutes after the top of the hour, in the experience category itself, how difficult do people estimate the general sale is going to be?

Also, what does it mean when the waiting bar stops and everything else stops moving as well?

This is in the wrong thread, I'm an idiot lol

I think 24 songs per night with about 17 being the same.
With all the Lighting and various Cues/Guitar changes I can't see more than this.
It will be similar to maybe 1 or 2 songs more different than the Vertigo Tour,
with setlist A and B.
Experience night should have more songs 1980-1992 and
Innocence night should have later work and B sides/unreleased songs.

I would be really upset if I paid a bunch of money and saw a fully- or mostly-acoustic show.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think WE are reading too much into this.

There's no official info.
U2.com only says "Pairs of show"

Also, the circular stage I think is the b-stage, according to the San Jose map.

I think the show will have 3 sections:

Electric set (8-9 songs)
Acoustic set (4-5 songs)
Electric set (6-7 songs)
Encore (3-4 songs)

This WON'T be a scalled down show. I mean, in the runway connecting both stages there'll be a freaking Double Sided Moving Screen !!

Back
Top Bottom