new tour info: rock or acustic version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think about it, given what Bono has said in interviews, plus the name of the tour, and plus the fact that there will be 2 albums out - Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience. Two different shows for each city makes total sense.

My prediction: the Innocence Show will feature more SOI songs, and more early-material U2.
The Experience Show will feature more SOE songs, and more late-career U2. Each night will be a mix of acoustic and electric. As the tour moves on over time, the setlists will become a little more flexible and playful, and there will be more cross-over.

Well Edge also confirmed the back to back shows will be "quite different" in that radio interview last week. They will hopefully reveal more before the tour begins.

The rumoured follow up and certainly the name of the tour does seem to suggest SOE will be out during a tour. Whether it's released before May or whether they want to leave 2015 to SOI and release SOE in 2016 for the stadium lap is another matter.

There's no way a whole show will be acoustic on this tour. It just wouldn't work for many reasons. There plenty of ways to make the 2 shows in each pair different, while sticking with an innocence/ experience theme.

I'd imagine they'd do the same backbone 15/16 songs both nights with 6 or 7 "free agent" songs- rarely played stuff. One night the free agents would be 78'- 90's songs, the other night would be 91- 2000's.

I'd also say they're gonna somehow mix in social media to let fans with tickets to specific shows vote on a song they'd like to see that night. Like, here's 5 songs from the early years (that the band has chosen themselves and have rehearsed thoroughly, of course), choose the one you'd like to see tonight.

Or, it could simply mean that experience night they play their own instruments, on innocence night Adam sings, Edge plays drums, Larry plays guitar with Bono on Bass.

Not 100% acoustic. A few songs at best.

They did say they'd give more info on each night...and worst case scenario, all will be revealed once the opening two shows happen and unhappy folk can start swapping tickets online.

Or, it could simply mean that experience night they play their own instruments, on innocence night Adam sings, Edge plays drums, Larry plays guitar with Bono on Bass.

Adam sings? :faint:

I would die a happy woman if YBR showed up complete with Ad's verse. Hell, Adam can just stand there and talk all night. I'd gladly take it. :shifty:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom