new tour info: rock or acustic version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems pretty obvious the stage is a variation on previous tours with a B Stage for the acoustic numbers. It's just this time around, it's one long stage bisecting the floor in two halves with the main stage with Larry's full drum kit, Adam and The Edge's full amp rigs and on the other end, a smaller set-up probably much like the ZooTV and Popmart B Stages. I would bet good money despite some seating charts that the Red Zones will be on either side of the "main" stage.

So that means that the tix I bought on lower level for Chi 2 right back of the red zone is actually behind the stage?! The ticket category --$100 seats in the lower bowl---had seats both back of the red zone and back of what I presumed was the main stage, but if your bet is a winner than I just got behind-the-main-stage tix:|
I'd always wanted to try back of stage, but prefer the idea of knowing that was what I was getting when I bought them! Ticketmaster said nothing to indicate this, just to say. If I get a better view of Larry's kit though, I suppose I won't complain too hard, but my companion might ...

I think WE are reading too much into this.

This WON'T be a scalled down show. I mean, in the runway connecting both stages there'll be a freaking Double Sided Moving Screen !!

oh, lol, *now* i get why the end-sections of arenas are cheap seats, no matter how ostensibly decently positioned:doh:
Won't be able to catch that runway-connection media very well!
Hmm...may need to reconsider ticket plans...

I fully expect the two shows to each have plenty of SOI material, some required anthems, and then a varied assortment to round out the remaining 10 songs or so. I think this is just U2 doing what we've all wanted for years - varied setlists - but pretending like they've come up with some new concept.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'd like to think one night will feature more SOI material and the next night will feature more SOE material.

I have a feeling the new album will be out before the tour starts

:up:
that's what I was saying in another thread... the album must be ready. They wouldn't risk naming the tour like this if the album was just "almost" ready, considering that their "almost" always ends up being delayed for months or years.

I am glad they are starting out west as they will slowly add more New songs as we get to later in the US>Europe. I can't believe it would be more than 20% Acoustic, so don't sweat it.
I started a Thread on potential setlists over in Setlist section.

It's also possible that BOTH nights will have "innocence" and "experience". Perhaps the first half of the show will be a mixture of 80s staples and revived deep cuts as well as SOI songs that harken back to that sound (Volcano, Raised By Wolves), while the second half of the show will showcase the 90s and 00s as well as more mature new songs like EBW, Iris, and material from the still-unreleased follow-up. Last tour showed they aren't afraid of debuting unheard songs.

So that means that the tix I bought on lower level for Chi 2 right back of the red zone is actually behind the stage?! The ticket category --$100 seats in the lower bowl---had seats both back of the red zone and back of what I presumed was the main stage, but if your bet is a winner than I just got behind-the-main-stage tix:|
I'd always wanted to try back of stage, but prefer the idea of knowing that was what I was getting when I bought them! Ticketmaster said nothing to indicate this, just to say. If I get a better view of Larry's kit though, I suppose I won't complain too hard, but my companion might ...

Yeah, I think I'm behind the acoustic stage on night 1, which is...ok. At least I'll get the chance to scope out where I need to get to at top speed the night after in GA, wanna be down the front SO badly

Also I've seen several times the idea that innocence=acoustic / experience=rock, but in case they go the acoustic/rock route, it may be the other way around:
Innocence more focused on punk/rock and the experience with the string section.

I think that too, to me has more sense looking at theyr path.. they comes from punk/rock era and then they arrived to more intimistic soft sound (sigh)

Anyway I'll try to get 2 tickets for every night and sell them later when we'll know something more about the tour.

Thanks again :wave:

Think about it, given what Bono has said in interviews, plus the name of the tour, and plus the fact that there will be 2 albums out - Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience. Two different shows for each city makes total sense.

My prediction: the Innocence Show will feature more SOI songs, and more early-material U2.
The Experience Show will feature more SOE songs, and more late-career U2. Each night will be a mix of acoustic and electric. As the tour moves on over time, the setlists will become a little more flexible and playful, and there will be more cross-over.

Think about it, given what Bono has said in interviews, plus the name of the tour, and plus the fact that there will be 2 albums out - Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience. Two different shows for each city makes total sense.

My prediction: the Innocence Show will feature more SOI songs, and more early-material U2.
The Experience Show will feature more SOE songs, and more late-career U2. Each night will be a mix of acoustic and electric. As the tour moves on over time, the setlists will become a little more flexible and playful, and there will be more cross-over.

Except for one thing... Songs of Experience, or ever for that matter, being out in time for the tour is in no way a fact.

All Bono said was each night would have a different feeling. They're doing two+ dates at every venue, so his comments were certainly meant to alleviate concerns that the same exact show would be played over and over. While there may be a different "feel" to back to back shows, they are certainly not going to have two completely different set lists. If anything holds true about the band, there shows are almost always thoroughly rehearsed and structured.

And it is a HUGE leap to think they will dub one show or another the eXPERIENCE or iNNOCENCE show. It's makes absolutely no sense.

Except for one thing... Songs of Experience, or ever for that matter, being out in time for the tour is in no way a fact.
Right, there is no chance that a 2nd album drops by May. Bono can't sing from his coma, and if/when he wakes up, he'll need to rehearse for the tour. They have too much to do over the next 5 months to prepare to hit the road to be thinking about which 6 producers to take into the studio one by one and then replace while working on new material.

I hope after the 1st set there is a video montage of cyclist, tour de france, and bike safety....and then....boom....Bullet The Blue Sky...Bono comes out on a bike.

on that theme I was idly wondering earlier if they're going to do "MLK" (but for Mandela) and then into "Ordinary Love"

All shows will be a regular electric shows with an acoustic set performed on the B stage. I guarantee it or your money back.

I'm guessing the "screen" will be made up of the same stuff or similar to the Vertigo curtain. Perhaps one stretched all the way across? Perhaps one around the Rock stage, and B- stage?
The screen will be similar to that in the Invisible video. I also guarantee that or your money back.

Back
Top Bottom