MSG Ticket box office

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddysgonnapay

New Yorker
Hi folks!
Now the dust has settled for the first 2 NYC shows, can we get some feed back from those of you who actually waited at the box office for a ticket drop...and what your results were? I am hearing conflicting reports, and am curious who actually scored some GA's (If anyone did) and how it all went down. Thanks so much in advance!

I second this. And the confusion. I've heard mention of 2 lines... and a holding area like in a jail scene in a movie or TV show.

OK, let me preface this by saying I did this during the Elevation tour in 2001. The line for the ticket drop is by the MSG entrance off of 7th Ave. You don't really need a number -- that's probably just a fan thing they were doing -- and yes, they do have a fenced area so they keep you in a pen.

Last edited:
OK, let me preface this by saying I did this during the Elevation tour in 2001. The line for the ticket drop is by the MSG entrance off of 7th Ave. You don't really need a number -- that's probably just a fan thing they were doing -- and yes, they do have a fenced area so they keep you in a pen.

Yep, it is the same. At least you get shade and some of the cool of air conditioning, unlike the GA line.

So you wait in pen until a ticket drop ? Or 1 ticket drops and they make you fight to the death?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Exactly my reference. On a side note, i had no desire to see new Mad Max, but love Thunderdome. Discuss.

That's true. I would pay 30 bucks to watch these movies at home. If you have young kids, you don't go to the movies. And I'm the guy that went all the time, hence film school.

On a serious note, these movie shootings along with school shootings breaks my heart every time. All of them of course, but the ones where people are just going to work, school or see a movie/concert is numbing. Mostly because nothing is done about it. Last shooting, they took down a racist flag that should have been down already, and too reruns of an old TV show off the air. But not one gun law was changed. Fuck it breaks my heart. You shouldn't die for doing something fun. No joke, I'm the guy that thinks about that on my way to something like a U2 show. I swear I'm an optimist like Bono is, but I'm a realist too.

I just depressed myself. Cheer me up, kids.

Back
Top Bottom