MSG GA question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanU2

Babyface
Where do I go to enter MSG with a GA ticket, if I am arriving around 5pm?

When you get in, are there different ways to get to different sides of the stage (north/south)? Is that obvious?

Thanks!
-Dan

General entrance for GA is on the corner of 33rd & 8th. The doors there will open around 6 pm. Though when you enter MSG through the main entrance (above Penn Station) there's also a GA entrance on the right. The doors there will open around 6:30 pm.

Thank you! If I want to be near E stage, near the side where The Edge's piano pops up, is there anything I need to know or ask when I'm there to get to that side.

I believe it is the north side, right?
-Dan

This!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah I personally can't foresee a reason why you would get there before 7 unless you need to be touching the rail or you want to be the woman who dances with Bono during Mysterious Ways. The reality is that they are in so many places throughout the show that it doesn't make sense to to camp out at only one stage.

I'll say as of last night, and presumably for the final 2, it wouldn't hurt to get there a little earlier.
Sunday night we got in line (outside) for GA at 6pm and were the second group on Edge's (South Side) Red Zone rail (our 2 groups took up most of rail).

Last night we were in upper level seats, went in at 6:30pm right as they opened, and sat and watched GA fill in. The secondary prime spots (one body back from the e stage, Red Zone rails, VIP stand rails, etc.) got taken fairly quickly.

So, I think people are catching on a bit. But, it's GA, and it's some of the best views for the price, and still you don't need to queue for hours and hours unless you're an Irishmen sweat collector. ;)

So I've been to NYC2,3,4,5,6. GA for 2, 5. Seats for 3,4 and 6. GA for 7,8. I found a great, comfortable spot for NYC5 in GA and was in nowhere envious of anyone on the rail... Got in line at 610p, got inside at 645p. Always had space around me, etc.

This show is meant to be seen for 30+ ft back. This show is setup to play to the 20000 people in the room, and not the 50-100 people on the rail upfront. And that's why it is so good.....

My 12-year old son (he went to NYC3, 4), is going to his first GA show on Thursday. (Luckily he's sprouted up in the past year). He has no idea.... (Though he'll probably complain about standing for 4+ hours).

I'll probably be arriving on the train from Mineola around 608p on Thursday/Friday... I actually made the 1104p train to Mineola yesterday. Though I do have to say the exit process of MSG is awful from upper levels.

Thing is, if you have not seen the show yet and you perch yourself on the rail, you'll miss the entire video screen experience which is really one of the most innovative aspects of the show. And given the band moves around so much you may end up only having a good sight line for about 1/3 of the show. I think somewhere in the middle, a few rows back, is the best place to stand.

Thing is, if you have not seen the show yet and you perch yourself on the rail, you'll miss the entire video screen experience which is really one of the most innovative aspects of the show. And given the band moves around so much you may end up only having a good sight line for about 1/3 of the show. I think somewhere in the middle, a few rows back, is the best place to stand.

This is why I like the Red Zone rail. May try the VIP rail on Friday.

So I've been to NYC2,3,4,5,6. GA for 2, 5. Seats for 3,4 and 6. GA for 7,8. I found a great, comfortable spot for NYC5 in GA and was in nowhere envious of anyone on the rail... Got in line at 610p, got inside at 645p. Always had space around me, etc.

This show is meant to be seen for 30+ ft back. This show is setup to play to the 20000 people in the room, and not the 50-100 people on the rail upfront. And that's why it is so good.....

My 12-year old son (he went to NYC3, 4), is going to his first GA show on Thursday. (Luckily he's sprouted up in the past year). He has no idea.... (Though he'll probably complain about standing for 4+ hours).

I'll probably be arriving on the train from Mineola around 608p on Thursday/Friday... I actually made the 1104p train to Mineola yesterday. Though I do have to say the exit process of MSG is awful from upper levels.

Hey Neighbor ?

Last edited:
HIAS
WHICH entrance would that be of the 2 (we've briefly at UF show(s) in NYC )

South side, as the North side would probably be temporary closed with Bono entering the e-stage from North.
(But as long as North is open that side is also perfectly fine to catch a great spot just before the show starts)

? Hiya! Interesting about the main GA entrance.. I had seen that but I'm just wondering if they go in before or after the main line.. Hmm

Back
Top Bottom