[Minor spoiler] The guy in the turban at Vancouver #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dean_flynn

The Fly
Check out this fella who was called up onstage to dance with Bono during Mysterious Ways at Vancouver #2 - he did a great job, although possibly scared the shit out of Bono when he picked him up and carried him, lolz:
http://youtu.be/5B8aEfLsPJg

I wasn't at this gig but enjoyed the video.

Anyway my question is whether anyone recognises the guy?

He looks very like the guy who was called up onstage at 360 Washington in Sep 2009 (a gig that I was at). Video below.

I wonder if he is the same guy? The beard was a bit longer in 2009... Same build though, same red turban, same enthusiasm! Maybe he is a front-of-GA regular.

2009 clip:
http://youtu.be/Q98FpY_xGOk

Anyway I'm just curious - thought maybe he might be on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

hahaha that was great he just fucking goes for it! :lol: might as well when you're invited on stage at a rock concert what's the point in standing there? his pointing when miming "she moves" in the chorus made me laugh a lot. What a show stealer. thank god lifting Bono went to plan though, fucking hell that could have gone wrong and it would have been awful

A lot of us went to a bar after the 2nd show and we asked him about him carrying Bono.
Bono told him "catch me". Amp couldn't understand him, but Bono jumped anyway. That's why he was struggling with him. :lol:

Haha he actally has alot of stage presence too. What a guy. I would just freeze if i got up on stage.

That was awesome. I love the "Catch me" part of the story. I ran into Amp after the show and he said he was scared he was going to drop him.

You and everybody else, buddy. :lol:

I also loved his dancing with Bono, singing along. Man, that whole show was so good.

I honestly don't get how the same people always get on stage lol. I guess Bono remembers them.

I honestly don't get how the same people always get on stage lol. I guess Bono remembers them.

Bono did remember him, he called his name when getting him to come up to the stage.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

he did a great job, although possibly scared the shit out of Bono when he picked him up and carried him, lolz:

It looked like it was Bono's idea to be carried. He was also invited into the studio in NYC a while ago to hear an early cut of the album.

he honestly doesn't set out to get on stage every time, like some do... he didn't even que the first day. he's just highly recognizable and is a big fan. an an asshole. i kid i kid. he's a great guy.

Ha yeah.. he's cool - I think I met him in Vegas during the 360 tour. Hasn't he been on stage like numerous times? As a 25+ year fan its kind of hard not to be a little jealous :wink:

Unless you have absolutely zero desire to ever be on stage there. :p

I think I was introduced to him in Toronto but I don't really recall much.

Ah it's got to be an incredible rush though - stagefright or not! One of the coolest things I've ever seen at a U2 gig was Vertigo '05 in Dublin, first night I think, when "Matt from Canada" was invited onstage and played guitar on Party Girl. He was just some guy in the crowd with a sign saying "Can I play your guitar" or whatever. The crowd went wild.

Kind of makes me wish I was talented enough to try it! Would most likely freeze up though.

I don't know about others places, but two girls who got pulled by Bono here in Brasil (360 #1 and 360#2), said that they're chosen by the production. I always thought it was a personal choice by Bono... (or maybe they're afraid of brazilian fans.. I get it things can be out of control with us)

Not that hard to recognize too :up: Don't see many U2 fans with a headdress like that. Cool.

Not to toot my own horn, but I am a pretty decent guitar player with a lot of experience playing in front of (MUCH SMALLER) audiences. I always felt like I could get up there and play acoustic guitar and not be too freaked out. If I were get on that stage, I'd bring lyrics for Acrobat, give them to Bono, and just start strumming the chords. Edge would pick up on it, and Bono would have no choice but to join in.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom