Meeting the band pre-show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm at the Yankees/Sox game right now. Larry sitting front row sweating his arse off in a long sleeve button down

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Does anyone know if the band has been meeting fans at the Boston shows when they arrive for sound check ? I only saw one picture of Larry signing something.

Any tips for autographs at the NY shows? Which entrance do they use? Do they usually sign at MSG or is that too much of a security nightmare in the middle of the city?

Going to MSG for the first time, I'd appreciate any tips. I'll be there for NY1 and 2. Thanks guys

Last time around on Vertigo their cars would swing in to the 33rd street loading dock. The ramp pulls right into the arena it's self. Their cars are parked literally 50-100 feet from the stage area and dressing rooms.

Often one or more of them would get out and meet fans, most often Bono. They did it a few times after shows, too.

So the middle of 33rd street is your best bet.

Thanks, Headache. Our train gets to New York around 3 on Saturday, so I know what our first stop after we check into our hotel will be. I've come close twice. I'm really hoping the third time's the charm to meet them.

Any indication of when the band have been arriving for the Boston shows? I know earlier in the tour it was between 1-3? Hoping to see them tomorrow night.

Does anyone know what time the band came out yesterday? Also was it at the GA line or somewhere else?

Security told everyone waiting in Boston 2 that the band were NOT stopping because there wasn't enough room on the roadside so we left, and then I saw photos of the band signing that day! :(

Did they stop today? I got into NYC too late (thanks Obama), but curious of it's worth it tomorrow.

Very cool. Thanks. I'm going to try tomorrow

Security told everyone waiting in Boston 2 that the band were NOT stopping because there wasn't enough room on the roadside so we left, and then I saw photos of the band signing that day! :(

That's what they alwasy say to avoid a big crowd. Security lies.

Plus they actually have no clue what time the band arrives since they arrive whenever they feel like it.

Looks like Bono stopped to greet fans today, may still be out there, or perhaps another band member will be by very shortly.

Back
Top Bottom