Lower keys / Bono's resistance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Hi :wave:
I haven't been here in a while

I was lucky to hear a lot of songs in the 8 shows I saw of the first leg (8 of the first 9). I was lucky to hear BAD. I was lucky to hear a lot of songs and I kept on wandering how much would Bono be able to resist.

But in the NY shows, through Mixlr or Periscope or whatever I realized they lowered the key for BAD.
The other day in one of the Amsterdam shows I notices how Bono backed off of some high notes.
Today I just noticed that they lowered the key for EVERY BREAKING WAVE and OCTOBER.

And since the beggining of the tour Bono has had issues hitting the notes in RAISED BY WOLVES (which is already lower, like THE MIRACLE, too)

Do you think Bono is having issues? Too many shows in a row?
This year alone they have like 80 shows, and in the 3 years of the 360 tour they did 110 shows.

I hope he can pull everything off for the Paris shows, the broadcast show.

Am I too paranoid? :lol:

It's nice to be back :heart:

It shouldn't really come as a shock if Bono is having trouble hitting some higher notes at his age, should it? He did surprisingly well on that front on Vertigo and 360, but he's no Benjamin Button.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not sure having consecutive nights was a great idea. There's people half his age that don't do that!

It shouldn't really come as a shock if Bono is having trouble hitting some higher notes at his age, should it? He did surprisingly well on that front on Vertigo and 360, but he's no Benjamin Button.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The fact is he sings the best since ZooTV and he leaves all the recent tours way behind, which is the major surprise for me and the true Miracle (of Bono Vox).

The biggest Swedish newspaper is reporting that Bono havent been outside the hotelroom between the shows, according to them it is because he dont want to risk anything with his voice.
He thinks that the weather is to raw, the Swedish autumn morning's and evning's are very cold.

But he seems have some problems with his voice thir tour, he skips alot of notes. Bad, Desire, AOH, EBW... Compared to Vertigo/360/SOI Promo tour where he gave his all night after night.
One reason might be the bikeaccident, resting the voice to much isnt good either. It is a muscle that need to be in shape and the pain he got in his body makes it more difficult.

The biggest Swedish newspaper is reporting that Bono havent been outside the hotelroom between the shows, according to them it is because he dont want to risk anything with his voice.
He thinks that the weather is to raw, the Swedish autumn morning's and evning's are very cold.

But he seems have some problems with his voice thir tour, he skips alot of notes. Bad, Desire, AOH, EBW... Compared to Vertigo/360/SOI Promo tour where he gave his all night after night.
One reason might be the bikeaccident, resting the voice to much isnt good either. It is a muscle that need to be in shape and the pain he got in his body makes it more difficult.

But his consistency is much better and he also doesn´t have off nights like past 4 tours.

This whole thing reminds me of people complaining of Chris Cornell not xcreig all the time; he's not doing it to bullshittig but because he needs to conserve voices. I'm sure Bono is doing so

Bono admitted his voice was a bit messy in Amsterdam. So you caught him on an off week. It doesn't help that they enjoy being in Holland so much. They have been out and about every single day and didn't get much rest.

I've heard him hit some amazing notes this tour. High and low.
IMHO I find him much more consistent than during 360. Those are the only two tours I attended.

This whole thing reminds me of people complaining of Chris Cornell not xcreig all the time; he's not doing it to bullshittig but because he needs to conserve voices. I'm sure Bono is doing so

:up:

He is much more clever and he developed better technique. When I listen to JT tour or UF tour there is enormous amount of screameaing and pushing voice over the top. It was energetic and believable, but also very painful.

I noticed that in Amsterdam #4 his voice started to skip a bit and it felt it was near breaking point sometimes. (was totally fine in Adam 1 and 2, didn't go to 3 myself). But overall imo his voice is A LOT better than on the 360 tour. Really full and warm voice again.
I really hope he will go a bit lower on the next album as well, I feel on recent album versions he is often a LITTLE bit too high which hurts the songs.

I guess the dream of hearing " Lemon " live is dead now :p

Last edited:
Are the warhorses tuned down this tour or in same keys as previous tours?

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

:up:

He is much more clever and he developed better technique. When I listen to JT tour or UF tour there is enormous amount of screameaing and pushing voice over the top. It was energetic and believable, but also very painful.

yeah Chris Cornell used to belt notes and screaming on top of his lungs; that was unbelievable and probably that made him the best vocalist from 90s but simultaneously, it hurt his voice so much that his voice was shot the almost entire time during his Audioslave days.

Back
Top Bottom