London 02 red zone rip off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hennesd72

The Fly
Anyone else feel ripped off by the fact the red zones for London 02 gigs are in a completely different location to the ones that where originally advertised during the presale

The red zones are now squashed into the sides of the main stage rather than being by the side of the smaller stage where the views / experience would of been far greater

Seems we all wasted a lot of money being conned and it smacks of complete utter rip off on the dedicated fans

not sure what you mean to be honest, can you give us an example of where previous red zones are and where the London zones will be?

not sure what you mean to be honest, can you give us an example of where previous red zones are and where the London zones will be?

I don't know how I can post pictures.
Any advice much appreciated
The original location of red zones tickets were advertised in a completely different location during last year pre sale to fans of U2 .com

The location now that looks like the final place is nowhere near as advantageous and I would of not forked out 450 pounds
Feels like we were misled from the start knowing people would fork out on the original standing plan

I've been going to the tours since 85 as a spotty kid and this is indefensible

the RZ position in the States looked pretty cool as far as i can tell, raised off the floor so you get a great view... pretty awesome spot actually...

the floor space is tiny for this tour so there is not a bad spot in the house...

even last tour the RZ wasn't the closest spot to the stage - the best spots on the floor have always remained reasonably priced - if the band sold those spots for premium RZ prices they would be shot down for selling out the fans...

i always thought RZ was more for giving towards the (RED) organisation anyway, rather than location close to the stage... sure you get a bit more comfort too, not so squished, better sightlines, and no queuing, but if you want the intensity close to the stage, then normal floor tickets are the way to go...

so, basically, no, i wouldn't describe it as a "rip-off" - i'm sure you could find someone willing to take them off you?? or trade or something? EU tix are like gold dust this time round

also, if the RZ were down at the e-stage, you probably wouldn't get the full benefit of the screen...

Last edited:
First up I was a bit irritated they had moved them, having seen the show now it's probably in a better location where it is. One thing I did see in Amsterdam (less so in Stockholm) was the actual entrance to the RZ seemed to be in the middle of the (packed) GA section - getting in or out must have been a complete nightmare. The O2 is normally good at organising these things so I hope it will be better arranged there in terms of access.

Every ticket master website states that locations are subject to change at all times. And you agreed with that while purchasing your tickets and accepting those shitty little letters, AKA their terms of agreement. It sucks but its true.

I undederstand that it might feel dissapointing for you right now. But please realise that:

1. You get a great spot, and they let red zone in FIRST at most venues.
2. You don't have to line up all day,
3. I thought you get some cool goodies as well.
4. Drinks two steps away from you at all times, and you can get them without losing your spot.
5. This show ROCKS, this band rocks. You are not going to feel ripped of by the time the gig is over.

yada, yada, yada, this has been going on for months. No, it's not in the position that was advertised. Personally, I think it's much better. With a little bit of queuing, you can start the show up close, against the (main) I-stage. After a few songs, move back towards the rear of the RZ for a better view of the screen visuals. Just after the intermission move into GA & claim a place near the (minor) e-stage for the mini-set played there. Then return back into the RZ for the remainder of the show.

From anywhere in the RZ's you'll have views of the screen, & by moving around the RZ you can be quite close to both stages. Yes, with the original RZ layout you could get very close to the band for the few songs that they perform on the e-stage, but you'd stuggle to have good views of the screen, & you'd be a long way from the I-stage, the main stage.

I know what I'd prefer.

the place for red zone is in the same spot as it has been since the start of the tour. Plenty of time to sell your tickets if you disagree with it IMO.

The maps on Ticketmaster are always subject to change, and you cannot take them for truth. If you've been going to concerts since '85 I'm surprised how you're taking their maps as actual maps of the stadium when they're pretty much always incorrect and even state that they are just an image of what it could like and not the actual definite design.

Drinks?! Listen if the red zone has got you so steamed I'll happily take the ticket off your hands. :wink:

the RZ position in the States looked pretty cool as far as i can tell, raised off the floor so you get a great view... pretty awesome spot actually...

I saw 8 shows in the States, all GA and a night in the Red Zone. The Red zone is great but it is not elevated. There are elevated risers for U2 guests and VIP in the main GA area. That is not the Red Zone.

Might not be the case for RZ, but wow, what a good idea (coming from a short person). Though I guess increasing the flooring depth for such a decent sized area would just increase the bulk & transport costs.

I saw 8 shows in the States, all GA and a night in the Red Zone. The Red zone is great but it is not elevated. There are elevated risers for U2 guests and VIP in the main GA area. That is not the Red Zone.

ahh crap really? i thought i read here that it was for the red zone - thought it was a pretty cool idea! VIP then - no wonder it looked an awesome spot :lol:

Last edited:
ahh crap really? i thought i read here that it was for the red zone - thought it was a pretty cool idea! VIP then - no wonder it looked an awesome spot :lol:

I accidentally ended up standing one one of those vip risers for Amsterdam 3. he riser is about 2 feet up.
And has a little stairway to enter. I wanted to take some pics over the crowd and those stairs where perfect for it.
Then the woman standing on guard there didn't even mind me being there at all. And let me in as long as I kept sitting on the fence.
The view from there is amazing indeed, even though its much further away from the stage as the Red Zone's.

Needless to say I did not have a VIP package. :giggle: And got kicked out by another security guy about 45 mins into the show.

I accidentally ended up standing one one of those vip risers for Amsterdam 3. he riser is about 2 feet up.
And has a little stairway to enter. I wanted to take some pics over the crowd and those stairs where perfect for it.
Then the woman standing on guard there didn't even mind me being there at all. And let me in as long as I kept sitting on the fence.
The view from there is amazing indeed, even though its much further away from the stage as the Red Zone's.

Needless to say I did not have a VIP package. :giggle: And got kicked out by another security guy about 45 mins into the show.

:lol: well done for staying there for 45 minutes!! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom