Intimacy....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hicksong

Babyface
Seeing footage/pictures from the opening shows I get the impression they have really expanded on the intimacy of the arena expierience. The stage layout is brilliant. The arena has become so much smaller. The stage is really the whole floor.... Impressive...

I thought it was pretty obvious what this thread would be about, by it's title. If you're not interested, don't read it, don't reply.

I'd agree hicksong. They've done a great job with the stage, using the full length of the floor, so they can reach out to the seats at both ends of the arena. The screen seems amazing, & must really help those in distant seats feel connected to the show.

The only problems with the screen are the substantial numers of people with restricted views, at the ends of the arena (totally killing any chance of intimacy for them). On a personal level, this stage layout limits the number of rail spots with good views for short people. Though it's great that everyone on the floor is very close to the band at some time.

Can people stop making threads for every single insignificant thought they have please? It's really fucking annoying.

I wish people would stop leaving insignificant replies. It's really fucking annoying.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

it was rude but it's not personal. there are about six or seven threads on this first page alone that really don't warrant their own threads. these thoughts are obviously fine, anyway can post whatever they want, but just put it in the general discussion thread. this forum is messy enough as it is and it makes it confusing trying to keep track of what discussions are happening where.

Yeah - I got pretty well embarrassed making a point about keeping some order in the forum, but the points still stand.

Unless it is a substantive and specific topic, keep it in the general thread. A point about how intimate the shows are doesn't warrant its own thread, regardless of how accurate it is. If it did, every random thought everyone has would be a new thread.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I normally agree with you guys about stuff like this but I don't think this thread is too objectionable. :shrug:

I normally agree with you guys about stuff like this but I don't think this thread is too objectionable. :shrug:

It's not objectionable at all, it's accurate. It's probably blown out of proportion after thavidesco's recent threads too.

Geez...

Didn't realize my simple little post would fuel such negativity... These forums are like TV... Saturated and pointless... I was trying to share a thought...if I did so in the wrong thread... And upset you.... Suck it ...take your forum and stick it..... That is all....

I shouldn't have been so aggressive. The more the merrier. Just makes wading through these forums cumbersome when there's a shit-ton of threads.

Also... This is the General Tour Thread yes ?
A general thought belongs here ?

No-one is having a go at you, but there is a sticky thread at the top for general your thoughts - though anyone would be excused for staying out of there with the nonsense that's being going on in there today.

This part of the forum is 'general' in that it isn't specifically about individual shows setlists, or audio etc. again, not your fault, but this part f the forum has seen MANY threads pop up here that are either just random thoughts belonging in the discussion at the top of the page, or just people trolling. Don't worry too much, you just copped a bit of an over-correction because of others doing the wrong thing.

Thanks Dan, this place is confusing.... Clutter... wtf with all the advertising?

It is confusing, and people here get very defensive over certain things. It's almost always based in experiences with people doing the wrong thing.

Have fun :wave:

Back
Top Bottom