iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE 2016: Tour Rumors Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prbiker15

Blue Crack Addict
You know what they say about loose lips...:wink:

IMG_0268.png
[/QUOTE]
Cm2Hm41WAAABF-t.jpg

Might want to get those credit cards ready!

From checking American Airlines Arena's schedule, the only open weekends in September and October, excluding the DreamFest date, is September 2-3 and October 14-15. So those should be the target dates. September 2-3 seems insane considering an August vacation, so it looks like the tour will start October 14-15 in Miami.

I'm hoping for Columbus Day Weekend. Even if there's a concert on the 9th, the calendar's empty from the 2nd to the 8th. October 14-15 is a good guess, though.

Last edited:
I'm hoping them releasing album. Not sure I can go to any of their concerts in Japan (are they even coming here?)

From checking American Airlines Arena's schedule, the only open weekends in September and October, excluding the DreamFest date, is September 2-3 and October 14-15. So those should be the target dates. September 2-3 seems insane considering an August vacation, so it looks like the tour will start October 14-15 in Miami.

The BB&T Center is 20 minutes from Miami and could also be an option.

Elevation Tour started and ended there. I like the AAArena better but either would be great :)

Selina calls herself GLOBAL PM DIRECTOR but she does not understand how social media works. If the tour info was meant to be posted to "friends" only, well... if it's out there on the web it stays there in some form (eg screenshots). Well played, girl....

I think chances for SOE+Tour in fall 2016 are not tooo bad. But the timeframe is really very narrow in U2 terms

Why do you assume shows have to be on a weekend?

If any of this turns out to be true, I'll gladly help you all out with Miami tips, advice and recommendation for those coming.

I'm been a local for 16 years and am part of the Greater Miami Chamber of commerce and Downtown development authority. I know preety much everyone who makes decisions in this city.

Elevation Tour started and ended there. I like the AAArena better but either would be great :)
Yeah, the BB&T Center calendar is empty from September 21st to October 29th. Could they just reveal the tour schedule already? :waiting:

I just want to emphasize that THERE IS precedent for U2 announcing a few months before the actual shows. So this wouldn't be crazy.

2005 Press Release:
TORONTO, June 15 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Due to overwhelming fan
demand, the U2//Vertigo//2005 Tour announced an additional 33 dates in North
America beginning September 12 in Toronto and finishing in Portland on
December 19.

More like 45 minutes. It's effectively west Fort Lauderdale.

Yeah, the BB&T Center calendar is empty from September 21st to October 29th. Could they just reveal the tour schedule already? :waiting:

It's not empty. That's when the Florida Panthers begin preseason and start their season October 13.

Not saying the show must be on a weekend, but it would help to have the weekend free for teardown of the stage. Really cant have the ie tour on Wednesday then Disney on Ice the day after.

This doesn't seem to be an issue. The night before the 1st rescheduled Paris show there was a rap concert at the arena and the night after the 2nd night were the Madonna shows (for 2 nights).

They put up/tear down this stage in the speed of light.

Was told by a very reliable source that the U.S. leg of the tour will not happen this fall. Has been delayed until 2017. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The new T-Mobile Arena on the Vegas Strip is booked every weekend pretty much into November, with the exception of September 17/18, and October 1/2, which is the weekend before Dreamforce (also on the west coast)

Probably meaningless, but I do find the October dates interesting due to the timing.

http://www.t-mobilearena.com/events/all

I also have serious wishful thinking as I'm already going to Vegas that weekend, alas...

Last edited:
The new T-Mobile Arena on the Vegas Strip is booked every weekend pretty much into November, with the exception of September 17/18, and October 1/2, which is the weekend before Dreamforce (also on the west coast)

Probably meaningless, but I do find the October dates interesting due to the timing.

Events | T-Mobile Arena

I also have serious wishful thinking as I'm already going to Vegas that weekend, alas...

Nice find. I've been waiting on dates to book a Vegas trip. Always a fun place to visit.....for 2 nights only.

It seems more likely that the album will come out in October, tour on sale in December and will start in North America spring 2017.

I just want to emphasize that THERE IS precedent for U2 announcing a few months before the actual shows. So this wouldn't be crazy.

2005 Press Release:
TORONTO, June 15 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Due to overwhelming fan
demand, the U2//Vertigo//2005 Tour announced an additional 33 dates in North
America beginning September 12 in Toronto and finishing in Portland on
December 19.

June 15 and July 15 are quite a difference in prep time. And that one is a formal announcement and not just a tweet saying something about discussion.

That tweet said they were discussing tour dates. Why is everyone jumping the gun that it might mean they are gonna tour ASAP? They're discussing dates... that could be a year from now. Just general planning of when to start the tour and when they can have holidays and Bono's Charity shit fitting in... it really means nothing at all. We know very little more than we already did..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom