iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE 2016: Tour Rumors Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there no TJTT 2017 forum open yet?

Anywayz... psyched about the new tour. Reading the interview with RS I hope they do a bit of revisionism and do a setlist with only pre JT songs before building up to the full album in sequence.

They are not going to play a concert without "Beautiful Day" and "Vertigo", that much you can be sure of. I could certainly do without hearing either song for the rest of my life.

I just can't believe U2 are finally returning to Ohio! I get to see U2 and then drive 3 hours home! Cheaper than a hotel!

Okay, I've taken a little bit of time here to think bout this. Suppose the I&E Tour does in fact return to North America in 2018. Where would they play? Between 2015 and 2017's tours, a lot of the NA market is covered. Here's a list of cities with suitable arenas that U2 would be able to play in 2018.

Quebec City
Ottawa
Winnipeg
Edmonton (2 shows)

Portland
Salt Lake City
Sacramento
Las Vegas (2 shows)
San Diego (2 shows)
San Antonio
Tulsa or OK City
New Orleans
Atlanta (2 shows)
Charlotte or Raleigh
NYC (multiple shows, just because it's NYC)
Hartford or Uncasville
Albany or Buffalo
Columbus
Louisville
Detroit (maybe 2 shows)
Indianapolis
St. Louis
Kansas City
Omaha
Milwaukee
Minneapolis (maybe 2 shows)
Nashville or Memphis (maybe, or does Bonnaroo count against this possibility?)

Basically, it's going to be a lot of single shows in 2nd or 3rd tier markets, but a good 30+ show leg can be cultivated out of this. Maybe, we'll see....

This setlist would make me happy. Yeah I know there's nothing post Joshua Tree but I think doing it this way would not only be fitting it would kick ass. Then because they just did a tour with these songs they could ditch a lot of them for the SOE tour and throw us a handful of Pop and Zooropa songs and Acrobat.

I Will Follow
Out of Control
Electric Co
Gloria
October
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Pride
Unforgettable Fire
Bad
Where the Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With or Without You
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wire
One Tree Hill
Exit
Mother's of the Disappeared

I still think they're missing a real opportunity here not opening with Streets. Like it's one of the most iconic album openers of all time, imagine opening a concert dedicated to the entire album with it.

UGHHH Mumford and Sons. Why couldnt I get OneRepublic or The Lumineers :sad:

It's 3 variations of a shit sandwich. Jealous of the Noel dates.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I still think they're missing a real opportunity here not opening with Streets. Like it's one of the most iconic album openers of all time, imagine opening a concert dedicated to the entire album with it.

It would actually be cooler in my opinion to open the show ala the setlist I posted above and then have Streets open the second half of the show leading into the full performance of Joshua Tree in running order. It's like the songs in the first half of the show are the opening act representing life leading up to the Joshua Tree, then the headliners take the stage. Also this way you can end the show with the Joshua Tree album.

UGHHH Mumford and Sons. Why couldnt I get OneRepublic or The Lumineers :sad:

I thought the opposite. Thank God it's not the lumineers or one republic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

Anyone think there will be a 2nd Metlife Stadium show added the next night on the 29th? I would prefer going on that next night but if there isnt a 2nd night added and I pass on getting first night tickets I will be out of luck. I know the rumor was a 2nd date all along but that was with the old dates that were not correct. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom