iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE 2016: Tour Rumors Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Always thought they would play Coachella before Bonnaroo. Maybe they'll play both? :hmm:

Somehow I ended up on this thread, and they seem pretty sure that U2 will be headlining one night of Bonnaroo.

2017 Headliner Thread - The Unforgettable [Dumpster] Fire | Inforoo.com™ - Bonnaroo 2016

The other rumored headliners are the Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Weekend. In the case of RHCP, they have a break in their tour schedule which lines up perfectly with the Bonnaroo dates ( June 8-11). Also despite the Peppers having a pretty thorough tour schedule, there is no Nashville date, which is about an hour from the Bonnaroo site.

The Weekend's last scheduled show is June 9th in Cincinnati, after which he could easily slide down to Bonnaroo for the last night. He also has no other shows in the Nashville area.

It's pretty likely that those 2 acts are going to be at the festival, which lends credibility to the rumors that U2 are also going to be there. Last year the lineup wasn't announced mid January, so I'd expect the same this year. Hopefully this means they will announce other tour dates around that time.

I think this is the same bs we read some months ago, but I'll post it anyway for your own judgement. So U2 rumoured to be playing in Singapore in 2017.

Exciting times at the Singapore Sports Hub next year, Sport News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

Could happen, or not, but to me this just seems like they picked up the previous rumour and mixed it with some more recent interview.

Well the Madonna in Singapore rumour proved true - new stadium with a retractable roof... There are also quite a lot of very modern, new arenas throughout Asia so it may in fact be time for a long overdue Asian tour... Madonna didn't sell out everywhere but still made huge amounts of money.

Oh, I didn't dismiss the idea of U2 playing in Asia or even Singapore, but the source just didn't seem very credible. I do think there will be an asian leg.

A Christmas message on their Instagram account confirms SOE out in 2017 and some 'very special' 30th Anniversary shows for the Joshua Tree.

Last edited:
I just wonder as lots of bands perform an album in its entirety if they're "paying tribute" to that album. I heard Soundgarden performed Superunknown from top to bottom in 2014, Sonic Youth performed whole Daydream Nation in the past, so on and so forth. so i naturally wonder...

I'm starting to wonder if they're not going to continue the i+e Tour in 2017 and just do the special Joshua Tree shows.

Need to give some love to the tour rumors thread.

So these are some of the rumored cities and dates for this year's Joshua Tree 30th anniversary shows, coming from various sources. The following links have been summing it up, along with the SOE thread.

https://twitter.com/u2gigs/with_replies
U2start.com | General (JT & I+E) tour discussions [2017]
http://www.u2place.com/indexita.asp

May 12 - First show, exact location unknown
May 20 - Pasadena, CA - Rose Bowl
May ?? - Mexico City, México - Estadio Azteca
June 8-11 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo
June 24 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
July 1-9 - Barcelona, Spain - Estadi Olimpic
July 11-12 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion
July 15-16 - Rome, Italy - Stadio Olimpico
August ?? - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park

The official announcement is rumored to take place on January 9th, with tickets rumored to go on sale on January 17th.

Last edited:
I heard rumblings of Vancouver as the opening date (yay), but I suspect that's just where they'll be rehearsing (boo).

I heard rumblings of Vancouver as the opening date (yay), but I suspect that's just where they'll be rehearsing (boo).

I dunno - if Rose Bowl is on the 20th, then they are starting out west, and they have to play either Vancouver or Seattle, so opening again in Vancouver would be a good bet, particularly if they are rehearsing there. Then hit the Bay Area, LA, Phoenix and then work eastward.

If they're really only doing a handful of shows, I would fully expect them to skip the Pacific Northwest and just do 1 or 2 CA shows and call that "west coast shows."

If Vancouver actually happens, I will be bowled over. This area usually don't get included in such 'limited' tours.

Six weeks and stadiums (hence no eight show stands in a single place) is not that limited though - I think the PNW will get a show.

Six weeks and stadiums (hence no eight show stands in a single place) is not that limited though - I think the PNW will get a show.

I thought I'd heard it was only going to be a very few number of cities, though - like, less than 10? Maybe that wasn't right. We'll see soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom