iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE 2016: Tour Rumors Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent rumors seem to point to Australia in February, South America in March/April. So if this holds true, tickets would likely go onsale around the September/October timeframe. My feeling is that once we get through August, the puzzle will start piecing together in September.

When madonna was in australia in march earlier this year someone asked guy osery when u2 would be in australia and he said same time next year meaning march 2017.

Also

One of the big aussie tour promotors Michael Gudinski has said that there will be a march and april full of great rock in 2017. The rumours are bruce sprinsteen is coming but maybe u2 might be also?

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

There was also that other rumour sheet floating round a few months back saying south america feb 2017 and aus march/april 2017. And also someone asked Joe O'Herilhy and he also said march 2017 for aus....

There was also that other rumour sheet floating round a few months back saying south america feb 2017 and aus march/april 2017. And also someone asked Joe O'Herilhy and he also said march 2017 for aus....

U2 announce world tour, hint new album nearly ready

Irish times saying...........The Songs of Experience tour will begin in March 2017 and will take in the US, South America, Australia, Asia and Europe, with an outdoor Irish show in the summer of 2018 a distinct possibility.

Not following the lads that closely lately...any word if this will be an arena or stadium tour?
Supposedly arena. Don't remember who said that, but it was part of a recent statement by the band or someone close. The idea of outdoor shows was never confirmed by anyone. People just assumed they'd go into arenas because of South America. But they do have arenas, so there's no reason to think it will be a stadium tour. At least no proper indication.
A tour kick-off in 2017 seems pretty safe by now. Could be march, could be as early as january. And could potentially be both Australia / NZ, and South America. I guess we'll get some official announcement around october. Lead single and / or album in september, followed by a tour announcement around the october gig.

Hey guys.. long time no talk (I think its been the early 360 days since I was on) I was just reading the thread.. I think they'll start out in Atlanta. Not b/c I have facts.. just b/c I am hoping. :hyper::hyper:

Hey guys.. long time no talk (I think its been the early 360 days since I was on) I was just reading the thread.. I think they'll start out in Atlanta. Not b/c I have facts.. just b/c I am hoping. :hyper::hyper:

The crazy thing is that even though they've toured the US twice since 2009 (2011 & 2015), it will be 8 years (2009-2017) between visits to places like Atlanta, Carolinas, Las Vegas, Texas, Oklahoma, etc. That's kind of ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is that they haven't been to Ohio since 2005!!

When madonna was in australia in march earlier this year someone asked guy osery when u2 would be in australia and he said same time next year meaning march 2017.

Yup that was me. I saw him milling around the floor of the Brisbane Ent Centre and popped the question. He answered straight away - no umming and ahhing. Exact question - "Excuse me Guy - are you bringing U2 back to Australia any time soon?" - exact answer "Yes. Same time next year". I asked if they would play 'here' (as in the arena) and he just said "Unknown man".

Was told by a very reliable source that the U.S. leg of the tour will not happen this fall. Has been delayed until 2017. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not to toot my own horn, but may I point out that I correctly reported the tour delay back in early July? ;)

Not that I'm tooting my horn also...but I did point out after the two Glasgow shows last year that Larry's drum tech and their production manager told me they wouldn't be touring at all in 2016. :sexywink:

If it means getting a new album sooner, I'm happy to wait until 2017 to see U2. I just saw them last year, I'm good. Although I really do believe they should go to South America, Australia, NZ, Japan, etc before returning to North America and Europe. Who the hell knows what they'll do?

2017 for the next leg makes total sense; U2 kind of anticipated with u2.com subscriptions. All folks who subscribed (read: took extra subscriptions) at the end of 2015 or early 2016 were granted with an expiration date of 31 January 2017.

Guys, I have on very good source that the REM reunion tour will not happen this year. We'll see.

While ive not seen this article in the Austrian press from yesterday but it was saying in a very small article that the STADIUM in Vienna has booking demands for 2017
Stones
ColdPlay
GnR
and yes U2

Im only saying what ive just read over on GnR forum..!!!! But its been said thats all

Last edited:
Dunno, U2 Argentina claiming stadium's booked, now this... It would still surprise me if they took the tour into stadiums...

Cincinnati Ohio please?!?!?!?!?

Haven't been there since Bogarts in 1981!!!!

The main reason is that the city had a ban on GA concerts following The Who playing there in 1979 (resulting in several deaths) which remained in place until 2004. They allowed GA at a Springsteen concert as a trial run, and after it was successful, the ban was lifted.

Another reason they haven't played there since the ban was lifted is because the US Bank Arena is old and out of date, and many acts end up going to Louisville, Columbus or Indianapolis instead. Also, the Midwest is not really U2's prime territory.

I remember a rumor (from a local, in the loop source) that Paul Brown Stadium was in consideration for a U2 360 show in 2011, but obviously that never happened. I support a Cincinnati show, because I can be at home in my bed in less than 2 hours from downtown cincy!

Dc show

for what it's worth, was told U2 are going to play DC around end of June, beginning of July. These dates would be after NHL and NBA playoffs. Scheduling still taking place. Reliable source with involved company, but dates are still not locked down.

dates align with this rumor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom