il super fantastico filo linea generale ammissione: turbanti europee per tutti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it's too hot or too cold for you, then don't line up. What a bunch of whiny twits. :doh:

8654D9FF-B4BB-4EA7-9E2B-CDCD713D29B3_zpsf3rfpcnv.png

haha simple solution :lol: don't want to stay in line, fine, show up when doors open but don't expect us to let you take a number and leave. what page is this? and why do they think serving your time in line is so terrible?!

please can we start a campaign to nip Dublin in the bud now. :wink:

Last edited:
haha simple solution :lol: don't want to stay in line, fine, show up when doors open but don't expect us to let you take a number and leave. what page is this? and why do they think serving your time in line is so terrible?!

It was in the ticket group. The post got deleted, most likely due to the comments being pro-actually lining up. :lol:

haha oh right, was it "U2 fans tour help real fans to get tickets"? They shut down anything questioning their god-given right to be at the front pretty quickly.

My lineups in 2010 were both hot with minimal shade / maximum concrete, interrupted a few times by short torrential downpours. Good fun...

I actually did get a pretty bad sunburn on my legs waiting in Philly in 2005. It was supposed to be overcast with a chance of rain. It turned out to be 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. My legs turned purple. Fun times.

My solution was to not wait in GA lines anymore.

Weird I know. I should have just whined about it and gotten a number.

Sent from my SM-N920T using U2 Interference mobile app

I got in line for Portland in December 2005 around 7:30 in the morning. It was sleeting and fucking freezing. I stayed 20 minutes, said "fuck this" and went back to my hotel room for the rest of the day.

I got in line for Portland in December 2005 around 7:30 in the morning. It was sleeting and fucking freezing. I stayed 20 minutes, said "fuck this" and went back to my hotel room for the rest of the day.

Same kind of weather in Pittsburgh 2005, freezing rain all day. Stayed with a friend who lived in Pittsburgh, and he dropped me and my concert buddy off at 7am, and said he'd pick us up after the show. He thought we were fucking crazy... He was right. We were stuck at the venue. At about lunchtime we said fuck it, walked into downtown Pittsburgh, found a restaurant / bar, so we went in for lunch. Ended up staying there all afternoon drinking, and then we had dinner at the same place. Headed back to the Mellon Center at 7, drunk off our asses. Luckily some people recognized us from earlier and let us back in line, and we ended up outside the ellipse, on the rail.

To be young again... I don't know how I made it through the whole show without pissing myself. Nowadays if I started drinking at lunchtime, I'd need a nap around 4:00.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

Last edited:

You call yourself a real fan? A real fan would have texted Romi and got their name on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Miroslava was in line. I said hi to her. I think maybe she was in a tent.

..... that's all I've got from Portland.

argh looks like they've got a list and number thing going in Barcelona :crack:

Uno
Dos
Tres
Quatorce

*catorce

A list isn't necessarily a problem. We have those in Amsterdam as well. But does this list mean stay the fuck in line or that you can fuck off and get back in by doors open? Cause that's quite a difference.

right who is responsible for it?

If it's locals getting there first I have a little respect for it.

If it's the usual travellers making sure they get to keep their spots because they can't stand the local heat...let them burn.

Then it would be quatorze ;) So it is an interesting mix.
Nah the "c" sound in the last syllable was clearly not a "z" sound, I know cause I turned it up loud captain.
Just meant the QU came from my recollection of French probably, plus quatro, so why not quatorce. A French/Spanish hybrid, something spoken by short Irish singers as they bicycle through the Pyrenees perhaps.

:)

Last edited:
Nah the "c" sound in the last syllable was clearly not a "z" sound, I know cause I turned it up loud captain.
Just meant the QU came from my recollection of French probably, plus quatro, so why not quatorce. A French/Spanish hybrid, something spoken by short Irish singers as they bicycle through the Pyrenees perhaps.

:)

4 = cuatro in Spanish, so 14= catorce :wink:

Thanks dayglo, looks like the discussion hasn't changed a bit (I assume there's been no secret lines under bridges this leg, however..)

Back
Top Bottom