If venues ran GA properly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RioRhodes

War Child
If The Sky Can Crack There Must Be Some Way Back t
What would you like to see them do?

On my last thread, I caught a lot of posts about "if venues cared..." or "if venues were more involved..."

So what can a venue do to better the GA experience? What can a venue do to keep things in order?

Oh yeah, and what venues have had your favorite GA policy? What was it?

For venues that don't allow camping, a Springsteen style lottery at 10am.

I think having people lining up from 9-10am is fine. But it would stop the overnight camping, & the arguments that can occur with the "check-in" policy. No matter where the lottery fell, you'd still be guarenteed to be close to any spot you wanted. Plus the line wouldn't be too long at that hour, so rearranging it after the lottery would be easy.

I think a late lottery, say at 3pm, may be tough, if the numbers of people there are great (how many people in a GA line at 3pm for an arena U2 show?). Also if you're unlucky in the lottery you may struggle to get a spot you're aiming for.

For venues that don't allow camping, a Springsteen style lottery at 10am.

I think having people lining up from 9-10am is fine. But it would stop the overnight camping, & the arguments that can occur with the "check-in" policy. No matter where the lottery fell, you'd still be guarenteed to be close to any spot you wanted. Plus the line wouldn't be too long at that hour, so rearranging it after the lottery would be easy.

I think a late lottery, say at 3pm, may be tough, if the numbers of people there are great (how many people in a GA line at 3pm for an arena U2 show?). Also if you're unlucky in the lottery you may struggle to get a spot you're aiming for.

I'm not convinced a venue would have the authority to do that. That Springsteen system, if I'm not mistaken, was run by Springsteen's camp.

Unless you desperately need to be at the very front of the main stage I think people might quickly realize there's no point in lining up for this tour. My buddy showed up tonight at 7:30 and had a rail spot on the e stage.

I'm not convinced a venue would have the authority to do that. That Springsteen system, if I'm not mistaken, was run by Springsteen's camp.
Yep, that's how I think any GA line should be run. Organised by the band's staff, not the venue. That way rules could be consistent across the entire leg/tour. People wouldn't be scratching their heads, wondering how tonight's entry procedure will go.

Unless you desperately need to be at the very front of the main stage I think people might quickly realize there's no point in lining up for this tour. My buddy showed up tonight at 7:30 and had a rail spot on the e stage.

I had a friend get 4 people back on the mainstage in front of Edge and they joined the line at 6pm. He was flying solo.

Not sure where to put this, but hope it helps.
I was GA both Van nights. Night 1 arrived at 7pm with my 14 yr old. We started the show near northside RZ entrance. Actually had some RZ rail. Great sights of both stages and catwalk. After intermission we were able to get 2-3 rows from the catwalk close to what would be centre ice faceoff circle. Was there for rest of night pretty much.
Night 2 arrived at 730pm with wife. Ended up at same spot as night before but no outer RZ rail like night 1. Didn't need it. After intermission we did move towards the catwalk and got 2nd row from rail. 2nd row!! At the centre ice area.
You don't need to line up at all for these shows. Seriously.
I'm still on holidays and won't post much. Give me a couple of days but I'll post a review later and I'll load some pics up on my Twitter. Once you see the pics, you'll see that I'm as close as the folks who did the line up thing.
I got Bad!!!! Made my entire Effin' weekend!!!!

@SirEdwardGrey - Twitter.

I remember the 360 gig at Hampden,me and my 2 pals just walked right into inner circle. Not one security guard said a word,people been queuing for hours and we just wandered in!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using U2 Interference mobile app

My issue is that I'm short. So if I get stuck in the back of the crowd on the floor, I probably won't see the band at all.

For that reason, I feel the need to line up early to get a spot on the rail somewhere.

Just how early is the question.

Me too. Altough for this tour most rail spots won't help with views on both stages. Catwalk rail spots won't really help, & it will totally eliminate any possibility of looking at the LED screen. I think some rail spots on the e-stage will give the best opportunity for a short person to take in most of this show.

Back
Top Bottom