If...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtung Timmy

Babyface
*IF* the setlists for whatever reason do not go over well and audiences are underwhelmed (I don't think this for a minute), is there a point on the tour where an overhaul takes place? I wonder if there is ever a plan B setlist wise?

I think this tour will be a fan friendly tour and as always will wow us with production but I personally hope after 360 that it is not too far of a scale back with the make up of the show and will impress . I have seen some huge productions in arenas and I know U2 will impress me music wise but I also wish to be blown away visually.

Montreal show 3 is getting soon!

The production is going to be amazing. Just based on the LED screens I think it's going to be awesome. Their stage will light up and they'll have a ton of lights tha aren't LED screens. I honestly think the production will look better on this tour than 360. 360 was BIG but aside from the screen not anything overly crazy.

The screen of 360 was awesome for sure but I feel it had a bit too much negative space and even from the distance I was at I would have appreciated another 2 rows added to it to make the full length of it closer together. Based on the test footage posted on the stage thread the band that doesn't uses pyro will have a huge amount of 'pyro'. and I assume it can and will be programmed to look like just about anything. Any chance the drumkit makes the trip to the 'e'?

As a professional records and information manager, the title of this thread is giving me a stroke

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's also a pretty good overlooked Pink Floyd song.

And 'stifle'

Archie-Bunker.jpg

Sent from my ass crack

There is no plan B because it is not needed. U2 make setlists based on catering everyone, some rarer album songs, some new songs, some warhorses. No B list needed.

OK, to answer this seriously:

*IF* the setlists for whatever reason do not go over well and audiences are underwhelmed (I don't think this for a minute), is there a point on the tour where an overhaul takes place?

There's no precedent for this. Although some U2 tours have ended with setlists quite different to those played at the start of the tour, the change has been that of gradual evolution rather than any sudden overhaul. I would say 360 is the closest they've come to a setlist not going over well, but even then they tinkered with individual components week by week, leg by leg rather than doing anything substantial or drastic - Unknown Caller being dropped, Breathe being removed as the opener, the Your Blue Room and astronaut experiments being abandoned, a few old classics being re-introduced, that sort of thing.

I wonder if there is ever a plan B setlist wise?

I doubt it. When you are a band with so many hit singles you can write two distinct setlists and still not use them all up, if a little bit of the show falls flat you're soon back in familiar territory that will excite the crowd even if the sequencing is mediocre. They can ditch the few songs that aren't doing well and move on without needing a fully fledged plan B.

Thanks for the insight Axver. You know for a tour with so many what if's one would think a thread titled 'if' would be acceptable. Please excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for not knowing I was in the pretentious section of the forum. My apologies for offending your sensibilities. As a professional medic, I will be over here waiting for a 911 call to help you with any broken bones or illnesses you may have had to endure in your unpleasant time here.

Ya no 4 a toor wath so mny wot ef's, 1 wood thunk a tread tittied 'of' wood b aceptable. Pleese xuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse moi 4 knot nowing Eye wus on te pretenttious sexion if th foroom. Mi appologies 4 ofending yur sansibilities. Us a Proffessional medc, Eye wil b ovur hear waating 4 a 922 cawl 2 hilp u wath ani brokn bons u mai hve haad 2 endoor on ur inpleasent tyme hear.

PS this is what I though of your pretentiousness.

Thanks for the insight Axver. You know for a tour with so many what if's one would think a thread titled 'if' would be acceptable. Please excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for not knowing I was in the pretentious section of the forum. My apologies for offending your sensibilities. As a professional medic, I will be over here waiting for a 911 call to help you with any broken bones or illnesses you may have had to endure in your unpleasant time here.

I'm afraid that number won't do much good in Australia sir.

As a professional medic, if someone needs some medicine, do you leave it at "get the bottle of pills"? Which bottle? I get it, you wanted an air of mystery to drive traffic to the thread, but if people keep positing threads with titles like "if..." Or "what...." Or "where...." You quickly lose control of what they are all about, where things are kept, and where things are supposed to go.

Man you folks don't like anybody a bit sounding the slightest bit different do you? Shall we go through all your thread titles and see if any don't live up to snuff? Good lord, the countdown to this tour has a lot of bees in your bonnetts.

Man you folks don't like anybody a bit sounding the slightest bit different do you? Shall we go through all your thread titles and see if any don't live up to snuff? Good lord, the countdown to this tour has a lot of bees in your bonnetts.

It's not about different, it's about people being able to tell what the fuck is going on.

As a professional medic, if someone needs some medicine, do you leave it at "get the bottle of pills"? Which bottle? I get it, you wanted an air of mystery to drive traffic to the thread, but if people keep positing threads with titles like "if..." Or "what...." Or "where...." You quickly lose control of what they are all about, where things are kept, and where things are supposed to go.

Seriously dude? You clicked on the topic so whether you like the title or not it did the trick. Now it was up to you whether you chose to read the original post and contribute or be a little punk and act like an ass focusing on why the mighty dan_smee doesn't like the thread title. Get over yourself man.

Last thing I have to say to Dan_Smee, your douchery is spectacular sir and I applaud you! Now go eat a Snickers, you get angry when you are hungry.

As for the actual reason of my post and my thread title, "IF" was not for directing traffic to this post. It's in the new tour thread. Most everybody reads every single thread and and every single post leading up to the tour to gleam some bit of extra info from a quiet camp. I did not need to create artificial traffic to get people to read it. The date I posted was enough to get lots of readers hopefully with insight.

I do not need people to read my posts. My ego is not as such that I need annonymous internet adolation to get through the day. I am not saying yours is Dan_Smee and I hope it is not, because that would be sad.

I posted "IF" because I had legitimate questions. Thanks to those here that chose to add to a discussion I started with the ill fated 2 letter word.

Maybe I can go down in U2 history as the guy to bring down the bands fan community based on 2 little letters.....GOOD GRIEF!!

Can you all see your way clear to not getting every thread closed due to territorial spray everywhere? Cheers, I like it here very much but the cyclical, tit-for-tat arguing's getting a bit silly now.

My ego is not as such that I need annonymous internet adolation to get through the day.

Maybe I can go down in U2 history as the guy to bring down the bands fan community based on 2 little letters....!!

I just wanted those two statements to appear back to back lol

Although they would be even better followed by:

"AND HUMlLlTY IS MY BEST QUALITY11!1!11!!!"

Sent from my ass crack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom