How bad are the obstructed views? (no spoilers please!) + Behind the Stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Achtung_Habs" on another forum posted this pic:
U2%20Montreal.jpg

If you are "slightly off" from being directly behind the stage, you should still be able to see the screen.

I don't have photos online to show my view, but for the second Vancouver show I was in the "corner" where it curves between "side" and "behind the stage" and could see the screen fine.

If you are "slightly off" from being directly behind the stage, you should still be able to see the screen.

I don't have photos online to show my view, but for the second Vancouver show I was in the "corner" where it curves between "side" and "behind the stage" and could see the screen fine.

That is good - my seat for NY2 is like that - originally had a seat that looked to have the view exactly as in the photo but I sold it when I got this one. My NY1 seat is one section over from the view in the photo (I think in the same section as Numb1075), hopefully I will see the screen enough.

I had seats behind the stage in Chicago last week and loved my spot. We were a section or two over from the center and could see the screen but not really. I had GA for two shows prior to that so maybe I just loved my seats because I did't have GA stress all day! I also had a seat in Toronto the other day. Perfect view of the screen on the side of the arena but way farther away from the stage. So even though it was a rear view last week, and Edge & Adam only turned around a few times to the back, I really just loved my view and loved the show.

I'd be curious to see a few pix if you decide to post anything, corianderstem. I sold some seats and went from directly behind the stage to what sounds like where you were.

It's just that they're all on my phone and I don't know how to get them to here without having to post them to Facebook first. :reject:

(All my night 1 pics were better, so I just posted those on FB.)

Edit:

Well, I got them on Instagram at least.

Last edited:
It's just that they're all on my phone and I don't know how to get them to here without having to post them to Facebook first. :reject:

(All my night 1 pics were better, so I just posted those on FB.)

Edit:

Well, I got them on Instagram at least.

Fyi, Google photos offers free unlimited backup and link sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I just sold loge 17 Boston seats. Funny thing is I bought them before stage setup was even know. Doesn't even say limited view on hard tickets. Just got ticketmaster to convert to PDF to send in time -now says limited view. I told everyone that but most people don't even know. And loge 15 are 300 I guess because you can see screen.

Fyi, Google photos offers free unlimited backup and link sharing.

I'm too old for all this technology. :wink:

I store my gifs on Photobucket and share pictures on Facebook. Very occasionally on Instagram or Twitter. That all works fine for me.

I'm too old for all this technology. :wink:

I store my gifs on Photobucket and share pictures on Facebook. Very occasionally on Instagram or Twitter. That all works fine for me.

Sheeeeeeit, I've only saved gifs in a folder on my desktop.

At work.

I have to have them all online so I can grab them to post on Interference as a snarky response at a moment's notice! :wink:

This was my view from Vancouver 2 in the upper section. The only thing that sucked was the damn curtain that sometimes obscured our view of Bono when he was standing at the mike.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1436577036.011307.jpg

And loge 15 are 300 I guess because you can see screen.

Only half of Loges 15 and 20 were $300, the "back" half of each section was $113, and that was only for Fri and Sat., Tues and Wed all of 15 and 20 as well as 4 and 9 at the other end were the $113 price.

You really studied this shit... I would feel bad knowing this if I sat in those 300 dollar seats for 2 days only.

You really studied this shit... I would feel bad knowing this if I sat in those 300 dollar seats for 2 days only.

Loges 15 and 20 have been my go to sections in the past when GA was unattainable. The stage diagram on TM makes it look like the main stage sits further out than it actually does. 15 and 20 are usually the 2nd price tier, and basically as good as 14 and 21 if you get close to the aisles adjacent to those sections (a little less the case on this tour with the long catwalk and e stage).
Sat in Loge 20 for 1 of the Elevation shows and in either 15 or 20 for 4 of the Vertigo shows. So when the tix went on sale, I was looking specifically at those, but ended up with GA for the 3 shows I'm going to so it didn't matter in the end this time out.

Came here to see what people had to say about seating. I'm in Loge 15 so I guess that's pretty good! I can't wait.

I was Loge 16 for Night 2 and it was perfectly fine. I had some cables that blocked part of my view, but other than that, I could see the screen perfectly fine and was pretty close to the stage.

Yep, that looks pretty much like it's going to be the view for my Sec 114 seat for NY2, except I might be a little closer - what row were you?

Looks like I probably won't have a screen view at all with my Sec 2 for NY3 but I will be so close to the e-stage, I guess that is a good trade-off, not like I'm not going to any other shows anyway... :D

I don't remember what row I was in. They weren't the $350 seats, but the next price level from there.

I went to a U2 show at madison Square Garden, sat on top level centre of stage and apart from a few songs they did on the e stage had to watch most the show on a crappy TV screen. I don't ever by seat tickets but it was all I could get, and I thought being centre of the stage would still see all the show, worst gig I've ever been to, I could watch a gig at home on a TV screen and not have to pay nearly $200 to do it!
Been a big U2 fan most of my life and this was the first time I've ever been to see them and was hugely disappointed, put me off from ever going to see them again or even listening to there music. But had a great time in NCY, shame the gig wasn't part of it.

Last edited:
No, I bought the ticket way before the tour even started so didn't have anything to get a reference from, certainly didn't think I would be sat looking at the band on tv screen for most the show. I honestly think visually this was the most poorly set up U2 tour, usually it seems like the whole audience gets to see everything, not just part of the audience some of the time.

Back
Top Bottom