Getting GA in Innocence presale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jon_lemire

Acrobat
I am a longtime fan club member whose membership lapsed. I am considering rejoining but here is my question: I am looking to get GA for of the two newly added MSG shows. Has anyone had any luck getting GA tickets with the Innocence presale? (Ie, on the second day after the Experience folks already had a turn)

If not, then I may just wait to take a shot in the general onsale Monday (even though that was a disaster). Thoughts? Thanks so much.

I got GAs so easy with my Innocence presale. The general sale was a mess.

I got a GA for TO2 with my Innocence code (like you, I had let it lapse) during the pre sale. Might as well try! If it doesn't work you can still do the general on sale

I was able to pull a single GA about 25-30 mins in on Monday for one of the MSG shows.

I was successful in obtaining GA without any problems using my Innocence code. Like a previous poster has said; you might as well give it a try. I know it's easy to think that it's pointless after the Experience users have bagged their tickets, but you've got far more chance with an Innocence code than battling it out in the general sale, imo.

Well, I got GAs in the general sale because I couldn't find any in the Innocence presale. How do the unused presale tickets work? Like, if U2 announces future American stadium dates, could I use my unused presale codes for that? If not, then I suppose whoever wants 'em can have them for tomorrow :)

I got 1 each GA for Chicago 1 and 2 with my Innocence code. Threw back a seat maybe three times before the GA popped up. Transaction was smooth with the code all the way through. Was done with both purchases within 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Got GA for Barcelona in the Innocence sale, though I suspect the floors at European venues are generally larger than in the US so probably more to go round there. If you assume a lot of people will already have used their codes for the existing MSG shows your chances are probably quite good.

I am a longtime fan club member whose membership lapsed. I am considering rejoining but here is my question: I am looking to get GA for of the two newly added MSG shows. Has anyone had any luck getting GA tickets with the Innocence presale?

I got two for LA on 5/30 in the exact same situation -- let my membership lapse etc. During my search I "gave up" between 6 and 8 upper level pairs of tickets just hoping 2 GAs would pop, it worked, and this was say 10 to 15 minutes after the pre-sale started. It can happen.

Sofar I haven't heard of a single case where someone with an Innocence code didn't get what they wanted, so don't worry. :)

Got Glasgow 2 GA's no problem with an Innocence code.

Third tour in a row where I've got exactly what I wanted with no hassle whatsoever. After some of the horror stories on here going back years I guess I must be one of the lucky ones :up:

Got Glasgow 2 GA's no problem with an Innocence code.

Third tour in a row where I've got exactly what I wanted with no hassle whatsoever. After some of the horror stories on here going back years I guess I must be one of the lucky ones :up:

last go round i got exactly what I wanted, but there were a lot more GA available. And I saw them at Croke park in Dublin. That's a pretty vast pitch

This year i went for the GAs for MSG in the general sale (I know), but i did get a GA for opening night in NY, but had to spend $312 for night 2, but I got the most wanted seat section in the house right in the center of the garden.

There have been horror stories and spending as much as i did was not something i wanted to do, so I picked up a subscription last night so i could jump on the presale tomorrow for Boston.

Well it turns out I did get a GA for NYC 7/22 in last week's Innocence pre-sale, just that TM didn't want to tell me until the ticket was delivered today, lol.

No GAs available for Sunday Chicago 3 show today, 4 hours after Innocence start time (couldn't get to computer earlier) - got 3xx section row 4 for $80 - no cheap seats available either :(

My update: I went ahead and got an Innocence membership and, after a few false starts with Ticketmaster today, did land a pair of GA ticket to MSG 5. Thrilled.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

Back
Top Bottom