GA tips (NO SETLIST SPOILERS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big Boston tip: once you actually get your card scanned and your new wristband, you have to hoof it up several flights of stairs. In my head I was going to go through the door and bust right down to the floor. WRONG. And then once you are at the top of the stairs, you have to go through the concourse past several sections before you go down to the floor. People with seats who get there super early are up buying beer, etc. and you have to dodge them. It's kind of like finally get through airport security and then having to get to your gate when you are late for your flight and everyone else is hours early and doesn't give a crap that you have somewhere to be. Have fun! :hyper:

This is a great tip, I was not anticipating this madness. I think I need to practice on a stair master for the next tour :shifty:

Big Boston tip: once you actually get your card scanned and your new wristband, you have to hoof it up several flights of stairs. In my head I was going to go through the door and bust right down to the floor. WRONG. And then once you are at the top of the stairs, you have to go through the concourse past several sections before you go down to the floor. People with seats who get there super early are up buying beer, etc. and you have to dodge them. It's kind of like finally get through airport security and then having to get to your gate when you are late for your flight and everyone else is hours early and doesn't give a crap that you have somewhere to be. Have fun! :hyper:

Also note that if you choose SOUTH (Edge), access to the floor stairs from the concourse is near the wristbanding stations (between Loge 10 and 11) - but if you choose NORTH (Adam), once you reach the concourse, you have to go all the way around to the opposite side of the arena (between Loge 2 and 3) to reach the access stairs to that side of the floor. Of course, so does everyone else in NORTH...

Thank you FazeCraze and DayGloEyes for the GA tips! I had forgotten the ropes since the Vertigo tour. I convinced my party to try to get in by 7am for wristbanding yay! :applaud:
You are very welcome. I hope you have a great time. My concert FOMO is out of control. It's putting me over the edge. Oh jeez. Those unintentional puns...

I am attending the July 22 show in NYC...I have never been to a concert this size and had a GA ticket...I'm kind of nervous as I have no idea what to expect, where to go, where to stand, if I will be able to move around and switch sides, etc.

I have already seen the band several times (in Phoenix and in LA--both were in the seats), but this will be my first of several nights in NYC and I want to have a good time.

Can anyone give me a *tutorial* on how to manage the GA and maximize my time and experience at the concert?

Basically if you are going to be there early enough for a rail spot, I would say grab a spot somewhere in the middle of the catwalk. You can lean in and have clear sightlines of both stages at reasonable distance and the catwalk action is right in front of you. You lose out on most of the screen stuff.

Or if you want to do the migrating thing hang near the main stage to start and follow the crowd as it moves to the e stage after intermission and back to main stage for final few songs.

Basically if you are going to be there early enough for a rail spot, I would say grab a spot somewhere in the middle of the catwalk. You can lean in and have clear sightlines of both stages at reasonable distance and the catwalk action is right in front of you. You lose out on most of the screen stuff.

Or if you want to do the migrating thing hang near the main stage to start and follow the crowd as it moves to the e stage after intermission and back to main stage for final few songs.

Where is the best place to get a little bit of both? I want to see the screen a little bit, but also be near the e-stage for that little set of songs.

Where is the best place to get a little bit of both? I want to see the screen a little bit, but also be near the e-stage for that little set of songs.

Follow the plan hibricc laid out in another thread:

This plan worked perfectly for us at Boston2 and 3, and we plan to follow it tonight, as well:

1. Start at Main stage
  2. During Song for Someone, move to middle of ramp for SBS, RBW, intermission, Invisible, EBTTRT
  3. Immediately move to e-stage for that set
  4. After EBW, move back to middle of ramp OR main stage
  5. At beginning of final song (40, One, or ISHFWILF), bolt for the e-stage, as the band will exit there.

You should be no more than 3-4 people deep at every point EXCEPT the main stage, since that is where it is most crowded, so will depend on what time you arrive.

YMMV. :rockon:

For item #2, at Cedarwood Road instead of at Song For Someone, move to middle of arena (center ice area) and back towards the boards and you can view the screens, during or just after Even Better Than the Real Thing make the move to the e stage area. That will let you see the screen during the songs it plays a major part in.

Thanks for sharing the tips Hewson, but this is a "no setlist spoilers" thread (it's in all caps in the thread title), so you might want to remove all the song names from your post. I've tried to remain unspoiled in terms of setlists, and I know others have as well.

Back
Top Bottom