GA tips (NO SETLIST SPOILERS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
according to someone called "Waffle" over on the AtU2 forum this is what you can expect when security say they'll recognise the elite list then normal people show up :ohmy:

Security and staff had no clue what to do. Everyone was just yelling at each other and beer was all over the floor. Had some moron come up to me and say get the f**k away. Unreal.

Oh, so now wristbands are at 9?and they're sanctioning lineups? Thanks forum... Thanks.

And I have to have my car back by 4? Boo!

I can live with that. Alright, be down there shortly.

We don't have to stay, still, right? I need to come home and walk the dogs if I can :uhoh:

Just landed LaX, going straight to the Forum. Chances of getting a wrist band? Sounds like it will be close!

We left after getting wristbands at 10. Probably about 200 people at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

4 wristbands acquired, starting at 342!

Now to decide where on the floor we want to be. It sounds like there is a lot of movement on the floor but the "e" stage is a lot of fun to be around...I am just uneasy about being so far away from the main stage! Ha, thoughts on this?

296 and 297. I don't know why I still bothered. I'm going to have the same problems as Tuesday. Oh well I guess.

At least I can walk the dogs

Not being able to see. :(

Hang in the back and move around a lot to change your sightlines. You'll still have fun. :)

Dang. Well I guess we'll see how it goes. We have seats for tomorrow and I'm sure we'll manage to have a fun time. Sounds like hanging around the "e" stage and floating around is a good bet but we'll play it by ear ha

Not being able to see. :(

Hang in the back and move around a lot to change your sightlines. You'll still have fun. :)

I did try to hang back on Tuesday, and I just couldn't see over the sea of cell phones and arms.

I'm just tense right now. Once I find out where I can position myself, maybe I'll feel better.

I need some caffeine, this week was too much.

Might have a good spot, might not. It's still going to be fun as hell and I am so excited to see them. Been 4 years almost exactly!

Oh you'll have a great time, no doubt. Ignore my negativity, I'm just short a f. My husband and I had a blast on Tuesday, we were lined up square with the center of the video board , on Adams side, about ten rows back, and it was a perfect view. I just couldn't see the actual band :lol:

About how late can you arrive and still get a spot on the e-stage rail?

If you get there right before the show starts and are willing to stay there for the duration of the show, you can be maybe a couple people back from the stage. I found when the show starts, a lot of people migrate towards the main stage and it really thins out in the back of the floor. Once you get to the half time break, a lot more people crowd around the E stage, especially after Invisible.

4 wristbands acquired, starting at 342!

Now to decide where on the floor we want to be. It sounds like there is a lot of movement on the floor but the "e" stage is a lot of fun to be around...I am just uneasy about being so far away from the main stage! Ha, thoughts on this?

That's been my experience. In Phoenix I showed up at 730 and was 6-7 back at the estage. By the end of the opening 4-5 songs I was 3 back at the estage and with the continued movement made it to second. Then after EBW I moved up front to see the rest.

Things I learned today about GA:

- The weekend show is definitely going to require you to get there before 9 if you want an early numbered wrist band

- If you show up in the following few hours, however, you'll only fall about 100 spots, and there won't be a line to worry about and

- If you are 300th in like, you can still get on the rail.

- If you want to see Adam from the catwalk, you should pick South Side. If you want to see Edge from the catwalk, you should pick North Side. Trust me.

- They spend almost more time on the E stage, and if you get on the cat walk a little nearer to it, right under where Larry's drumset would be during Invisible, you're going to be in for a great time, so long as you don't mind not being able to see anything for two songs.

- They spend almost more time on the E stage, and if you get on the cat walk a little nearer to it, right under where Larry's drumset would be during Invisible, you're going to be in for a great time, so long as you don't mind not being able to see anything for two songs.

Can you elaborate a bit on that? From what I've understood there seems to be around 5-6 songs on the e-stage, a couple on the screen and the rest on the main stage. So that would suggest the main stage still gets more action. Or am I wrong?

Is it possible to get a good view of the main stage from the E-Stage if you are not especially tall?

Bono is on the E stage for at least 10 songs. Not the whole band, just Bono and sometimes Edge. If you're cool just seeing one of them up very close at the expense of the others, rail nearer to the E stage than the main stage is the way to go. If you want the band and not so much Bono, aim closer to the main stage.

Can you elaborate a bit on that? From what I've understood there seems to be around 5-6 songs on the e-stage, a couple on the screen and the rest on the main stage. So that would suggest the main stage still gets more action. Or am I wrong?

Is it possible to get a good view of the main stage from the E-Stage if you are not especially tall?

Bono is on the E stage for at least 10 songs. Not the whole band, just Bono and sometimes Edge. If you're cool just seeing one of them up very close at the expense of the others, rail nearer to the E stage than the main stage is the way to go. If you want the band and not so much Bono, aim closer to the main stage.

Oops! Yes, like LeMel just said, it's BONO that spends a heck of a lot of time on the E stage and the catwalk. Edge as well.

I'm 5'1". I was able to see Bono, Edge and Larry fairly well on the main stage through most of the show, even though it was rough if the guy to my right leaned too far out over space with his camera.

This was my view of the main stage:

20150530_180926_zpss3jsmpld.jpg

And this was my view of the B stage:

20150530_180935_zpsajkhoaul.jpg

With Band:

IMAG0254_zpsglddtuqo.jpg

IMAG0252_zpszbueuk0g.jpg

Not really. If you want the full experience, you're just gonna need to go two nights, I think. We could see The Wanderer pretty well, but that was about it. You're not going to see shit during Invisible or Even Better Than the Real Thing, either. BUT, where I was, we could hear Larry's drums during EBTTRT right in front of us, which was really cool, :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom