GA tips (NO SETLIST SPOILERS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You really didn't need to camp out previously, either... now you just REALLY don't need to camp out.

Running really really really really fast and jumping down an 8 ft wall is how I made it too the front in the earlier days. Being 20 years older I would enjoy going a little slower and getting a good spot. Yo Bono! Check out my sprained ankle

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

4) How CC entry works:

No ID was checked. In fact, my ticket taker specifically said it wasn't needed. That may be venue/ticket taker specific. Card is swiped and tickets print out. You then go to a (crowded) table and show your ticket in exchange for a wristband that directs you north or south. Be prepared to needle your way in to the wristbands folks.

I haven't been reading much about resold tickets, but am I to assume that this means I absolutely should not buy a ticket off something like StubHub or Kijiji if the original buyer's card needs to be physically swiped on the way in?

After watching several youtube clips, I've made a decision. Next year I am going to buy a $300 ticket to at least one show. This year I'm doing GA at the single show I'm able to attend this year. And while I'm looking forward to that, I want to experience the stage and screen in all it's glory next year.

I've spent $300 on dumber things. I don't care if I have to go by myself because nobody else will pay it, I'm doing it!

If you wanted to maximize your ability to see the screens, as well as your closeness to the band, where would you end up? It sounds like closer to the e part of the stage, but I don't know how far back.

I would say half way between the stage and the e. Then half way from the stands to the barrier for the walkway.that way your half way from the main stage to the e and your at a distance were u can see the screen

I haven't been reading much about resold tickets, but am I to assume that this means I absolutely should not buy a ticket off something like StubHub or Kijiji if the original buyer's card needs to be physically swiped on the way in?

I've seen some people try selling them online who say that they'll meet you at the venue to get it swiped. I'm not sure how that would work if you're using someone else's card, outside of them standing very close to you to make sure they get it back. But who knows if it'll be the same policy as Vancouver's from venue to venue? Some might check for IDs after all, some might not swipe until you're in the arena, or whatever... imo, it seems like it's still a bit risky at this point.

Seriously no need to camp out unless you are wanting a specific spot. I'm in my 40s now and I just dont have the stamina anymore lol. Even standing in GA all night took a toll. But it was well worth it of course.

The red circles is pretty much where I hung out. Perfect view of everything. See my pics in the San Jose Experiences thread.
And there was plenty of room on the floor to walk around and change spots if you want too.

whereihungout_zpswfl9njge.jpg

GA wristbands line started at 8am this morning. I got there at 9:30am and am #160. And almost no one came behind me. Like everyone has said so far, there is no need to line up all night/all day. In fact, it seems like if you DON'T roam around the floor a little, you're going to miss some of the show.

(OT: Our seats on the side of the arena, 200 level, we perfect for seeing everything BTW. I would NOT get a seat at either end of the arena. Corners or sides only.)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thanks for the tips everyone, am going two shows probably going to do the middle one show to get the best overall view and then go as close up for the other show to one of the stages... Not sure which

Anyone able to say how many songs/ rough per cent age of time Bono is at the main stage vs the b stage? Something like...

50% main stage
30% b stage
20% middle ramp

Its just so I can continue to avoid set lists to see many how songs are played in which bit. Thanks :)

great. thanks Sicy. that pic is exactly what i wanted to see. i like to roam around also and my wife has some serious allergies to MJ smoke to being in a place with some air is a good thing .... i am in my 40s too... early 40's...:lol:

Cant wait to get to the show tonight. Plan to be there around 4-5p to get the GA wristband. For all those driving from SF and East Bay, the NBA West Conf Finals Game 1 is at 6p tonight as well (Rockets @ Warriors) so plan for traffic! Go Dubs!

PS: Those screens look amazing but you gotta give credit to Nine Inch Nails for coming up with the concept of playing between screens, they did this stuff back in 2009 and again in 2013.

So Line Leaders are at this point worthless?

Why do they even go to the trouble anymore?

I haven't entered for GA yet at the SAP Center. But seriously, every interaction I've had with all of the staff so far has been amazingly professional and friendly (from parking to security).
It is a top-tier, well-run venue. No question.

So other venues on the tour, we'll see.

I was #160 at 9:30 am.

39 people in 2 hours? :lol:

Someone bring the security guy a coffee!

Yeah he was a very nice guy, chatting with the few people getting bracelets. Told us the story of 2700 capacity but only 2000 sold.

I guess we have to show up around 5 to get back in line?

I got there with no wristband around 5:15 yesterday and was around #460. Tonight I want to get up close to the main stage for the first few songs. View was great where I was but crowd wasn't great.

I got there with no wristband around 5:15 yesterday and was around #460. Tonight I want to get up close to the main stage for the first few songs. View was great where I was but crowd wasn't great.

I assume you weren't part of that couple that was flailing around dancing?

***Hint:
If you are part of an intimate couple
With Or Without You
is a slow-dance song. Just sayin'

I assume you weren't part of that couple that was flailing around dancing?

***Hint:

If you are part of an intimate couple
With Or Without You
is a slow-dance song. Just sayin'

Ha! I was actually standing right next to him if it's the guy I'm thinking about. He was dancing like the guy that looks like Uncle Junior in the old Six Flags commercials.

I admire his I don't give a shit attitude though.

Wristbands

We are going to the concert in PHX on Friday! Just wondering, I have 5 paperless tix, and we want to get wristbands Friday morning, which are being handed out at 9 am. What happens if one person in my group can't be there in the morning? Anyone have a similar experience so far? Will we be able to let her in line with us that evening since she has to enter the venue with us, or will we all have to give up our spot and line up with her farther back?
Thanks!

I would say half way between the stage and the e. Then half way from the stands to the barrier for the walkway.that way your half way from the main stage to the e and your at a distance were u can see the screen

You off to London 4? that's EXACTLY the spot I'm going for :D

A few more questions for the people who've been to the concerts so far:

What time does the concert actually start? And end?

How long is the intermission?

We are going to the concert in PHX on Friday! Just wondering, I have 5 paperless tix, and we want to get wristbands Friday morning, which are being handed out at 9 am. What happens if one person in my group can't be there in the morning? Anyone have a similar experience so far? Will we be able to let her in line with us that evening since she has to enter the venue with us, or will we all have to give up our spot and line up with her farther back?
Thanks!

I dont know how US Airways Arena will handle it in PHX, but I can tell you how SAP Center at San Jose handled it. Simple answer is yes, you will have to go back in line.

- The wristbands have numbers on them starting from 1 - 2000.
- When you line up, they have spots where you have to line up. Think of it just like boarding Southwest Airlines (A1-A30 line up here, A31 - 60 line up here etc.). Same thing here, they will say 1-50 stand here, 50-100 stand here, 100-150 stand here etc.
- Unfortunately these are swipe by card tickets, so there are no physical print out that you can hand to your friend.

The good news, from the San Jose and Vancouver shows, you can show up an hour before the show and you will still get decent standing space. I showed up at 4:00p to get my wrist band and entered the arena at 6:30p (30 mins after doors opened) and got all the way to the front on both I and e stages.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom