GA/Floor - is there a disabled area/seating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
Does anyone know whether some limited seating or some kind of separate area is offered on the floor to anyone who is not able to stand for the length of the show? Now yes, obviously I would imagine most of those people would not get GA tickets, but it's also possible this was not foreseeable at the time the tix were bought.

I have heard one example where on the last tour they took a couple of people into the red zone and gave them folding chairs, but this seems like something that may be arena-specific.

Just trying to figure out whether to trade my GAs for seats (in Toronto specifically).

Might not hurt to call the venue to see if they have a specific policy (or if it would be an act-specific thing or not).

when i last saw U2 in an arena, Elevation tour, there was a disabled/wheelchair area just at the side of the GA area - i would imagine that would be pretty standard at all gigs/venues - i would definitely contact the venue...

I will buy your Toronto GA tickets off you in a heartbeat, guaranteed, if you need to get rid of them, FYI.

In the Ziggo dome there's handicapped spaces where you can buy special tickets for. I'm not sure what the rules are for getting in with such a ticket though.

The seats that are reserved for disabled tix at arenas are usually in areas in the stands and you buy theme like you do regular tickets but there is a bit of a process.

I am just about to call back somebody at MLSE who will have the answer for me!

DaveC - I'm not really looking to sell them, worst case scenario I'd want to trade for good seats. Still need to be in the house!

So apparently in Toronto there is no seating/disabled area on the floor. BUT if you have a genuine medical reason that was not foreseen at the time of purchasing the tix, they are willing to exchange your GAs for Air Canada Club seats. This actually seems like an excellent deal, ACC is really swanky, but you're sitting at the top of the 100s so definitely not as good as GAs.

Will think about it some more. Not really sure how much better a deal I could get through trading.

My main concern is with this stage set up there doesn't really seem to be a "back" area where I could hang out and easily escape to the washroom. I have been in the back by choice before, by the soundboard and it wasn't crowded at all and you could dance and move around, but I'm just not sure that will be the case here.

It's not so much that I need extra assistance, but will be fairly pregnant and huge, so the pushing/shoving and no access to washrooms is the issue.

It's not so much that I need extra assistance, but will be fairly pregnant and huge, so the pushing/shoving and no access to washrooms is the issue.

ahh congrats, that's lovely! but yeah, i would definitely want to avoid GA in that case... that swap option sounds absolutely perfect...

Congrats on the whole being pregnant thing! ;)

Take the swap. The ACC clubs I think are going to offer quite a good view for this type of show with the stage setup they've got planned.

PS - Maybe you can tell them you've got a friend who will readily purchase the GAs immediately from them (i.e. DaveC). Maybe he can just go down there with you and they swap them on the spot. Might be worth a shot...they don't have to put them back into circulation and get an immediate sale out of it! :shrug:

PS - Maybe you can tell them you've got a friend who will readily purchase the GAs immediately from them (i.e. DaveC). Maybe he can just go down there with you and they swap them on the spot. Might be worth a shot...they don't have to put them back into circulation and get an immediate sale out of it! :shrug:
Though I'd guess the face value of the club is higher than GA, so if they are going to let her do a straight swap, I'd just do it, otherwise if she were to try and retain the GA's for Dave, she might have to pay full face for the ACC club..

Though I'd guess the face value of the club is higher than GA, so if they are going to let her do a straight swap, I'd just do it, otherwise if she were to try and retain the GA's for Dave, she might have to pay full face for the ACC club..

I don't mean hold on to them or even barter the sale..just tell them she knows someone who will buy immediately from them if they tell said person when to be there...then If said person could be there exactly when they needed to be, it might be win win for all. She can't really sell her tickets to anyone, or at least I don't think we can...because of the cc thing. She should definitely do the switch tho...they won't have a hard time selling the GAs lol

That's what I mean though...if she does this switch, then they will be cancelling her GA's and issuing her the club tix...don't think she can get the club tix and keep her GA's as well for someone else.

Ok, but when they cancel them they will be "available", right? She's no longer a part of the equation, someone else i.e. Dave was just there at the right time to scoop em.

I dunno. Whatever. Seems like it would be a lot of work anyways. Just wish Dave had tix.

Ok, but when they cancel them they will be "available", right?

I dunno. Whatever. Seems like it would be a lot of work anyways. Just wish Dave had tix.
Eventually they should be, but guaranteed they don't magically appear for sale right after she makes the swap, they'll get released at some time later (probably with some other GA's once they have the exact set up figured out and know that they have some more available space, maybe even day before show).

Or..of course MLSE already has an idea of the extra GAs they have, and in my dream alternate reality the rep goes "oh what a kind and generous soul you are, looking out for your fellow fan..have good ol' Dave gimme a shout I'll make sure he's ok".

And then I woke up. lol

Hahaha!

I am waiting to get the contact info for the actual person there who has to do the switch logistics so I can always ask!

Congrats! How pregnant are you going to be? I'm seeing them in July and will be 37 weeks. Luckily I have seats because I had just found out I was expecting when the pre-sales started. Just hoping all the excitement and noise doesn't send me into labor! :D

Congrats! How pregnant are you going to be? I'm seeing them in July and will be 37 weeks. Luckily I have seats because I had just found out I was expecting when the pre-sales started. Just hoping all the excitement and noise doesn't send me into labor! :D

OMG you will be term! Congrats! I have to do the math exactly but not that far along, just about starting 3rd tri.

Congrats on the pregnancy, anitram and madonna's child.

Another pregnant lady here.
I'm doing GA for both San Jose shows.
I'll be 25 weeks at that time.
My plan is to see where the "back" of the floor is with this set up.
And that's where I'll hang out.

I busted my kneecap literally the day after I bought tickets for the shows. I'm mobile and walk with a bit of a limp, but I might have an interesting time standing for 3 hours. I'll let you know how I make out in Vancouver - I'm taking my cane with me to lean on - it's collapsible which is good, don't need to take it out unless I need it. Good luck.

I busted my kneecap literally the day after I bought tickets for the shows. I'm mobile and walk with a bit of a limp, but I might have an interesting time standing for 3 hours. I'll let you know how I make out in Vancouver - I'm taking my cane with me to lean on - it's collapsible which is good, don't need to take it out unless I need it. Good luck.

Plus you could whack the line nazis with it when needed.... :shifty:

Congrats! I was 35 weeks along with my son during Vertigo Pittsburgh and bought resale seats since we'd originally planned for Cleveland on that tour before learning I was expecting (the Cleveland show was right around my due date so we changed plans).

Best of luck to ALL the expectant mamas on the tour -- I found out in between 360 E Lansing and 360 Pittsburgh that I was expecting my now 3 yr old daughter. First trimester exhaustion and nausea at a U2 show with upper deck seats and spending the day in summer heat. Twas utterly draining. But worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Plus you could whack the line nazis with it when needed.... :shifty:

Shhhhh! Don't give her ideas!

And EdgeFest, hope you feel better. ;)

Fuck that, I'm using it to get to the front of the line at 4:30.

/COUGH

Not like someone else in the Eastern US didn't try to pull that or anything....

/COUGH

Thanks Trev, I'm doing quite well. Really glad I'd made the decision way before buying the tix that I wasn't going to deal with GA 'fan contest' bullshit this tour or it would be bothering me a lot more that it happened. Just going to kick back with good pals and a beer or three :) I hope to be 100% by the July shows but my plans still won't change. :applaud::up:

Back
Top Bottom