GA/Floor - is there a disabled area/seating? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:31 PM
GA/Floor - is there a disabled area/seating?

Does anyone know whether some limited seating or some kind of separate area is offered on the floor to anyone who is not able to stand for the length of the show? Now yes, obviously I would imagine most of those people would not get GA tickets, but it's also possible this was not foreseeable at the time the tix were bought.

I have heard one example where on the last tour they took a couple of people into the red zone and gave them folding chairs, but this seems like something that may be arena-specific.

Just trying to figure out whether to trade my GAs for seats (in Toronto specifically).

anitram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:31 PM
Might not hurt to call the venue to see if they have a specific policy (or if it would be an act-specific thing or not).

trevgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:31 PM
when i last saw U2 in an arena, Elevation tour, there was a disabled/wheelchair area just at the side of the GA area - i would imagine that would be pretty standard at all gigs/venues - i would definitely contact the venue...
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:12 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

I will buy your Toronto GA tickets off you in a heartbeat, guaranteed, if you need to get rid of them, FYI.
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #5
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 08:31 PM
In the Ziggo dome there's handicapped spaces where you can buy special tickets for. I'm not sure what the rules are for getting in with such a ticket though.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

The seats that are reserved for disabled tix at arenas are usually in areas in the stands and you buy theme like you do regular tickets but there is a bit of a process.

I am just about to call back somebody at MLSE who will have the answer for me!

DaveC - I'm not really looking to sell them, worst case scenario I'd want to trade for good seats. Still need to be in the house!
Old 05-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

So apparently in Toronto there is no seating/disabled area on the floor. BUT if you have a genuine medical reason that was not foreseen at the time of purchasing the tix, they are willing to exchange your GAs for Air Canada Club seats. This actually seems like an excellent deal, ACC is really swanky, but you're sitting at the top of the 100s so definitely not as good as GAs.

Will think about it some more. Not really sure how much better a deal I could get through trading.

My main concern is with this stage set up there doesn't really seem to be a "back" area where I could hang out and easily escape to the washroom. I have been in the back by choice before, by the soundboard and it wasn't crowded at all and you could dance and move around, but I'm just not sure that will be the case here.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:50 PM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

If it's a big concern I'd take the venue up on their swap offer. The floor setup does not appear to be setup well for anyone who may need extra assistance.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:38 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

It's not so much that I need extra assistance, but will be fairly pregnant and huge, so the pushing/shoving and no access to washrooms is the issue.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:03 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
It's not so much that I need extra assistance, but will be fairly pregnant and huge, so the pushing/shoving and no access to washrooms is the issue.
ahh congrats, that's lovely! but yeah, i would definitely want to avoid GA in that case... that swap option sounds absolutely perfect...
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:26 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Congrats, and like mama cass said, I think the swap is your best move in this case.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:02 AM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

Let me be this to say congrats... and third to say take the swap. People are assholes and GA might not be the safest place.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:28 AM   #13
Ghost of Love

Congrats on the whole being pregnant thing!

Take the swap. The ACC clubs I think are going to offer quite a good view for this type of show with the stage setup they've got planned.

PS - Maybe you can tell them you've got a friend who will readily purchase the GAs immediately from them (i.e. DaveC). Maybe he can just go down there with you and they swap them on the spot. Might be worth a shot...they don't have to put them back into circulation and get an immediate sale out of it!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:47 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post

PS - Maybe you can tell them you've got a friend who will readily purchase the GAs immediately from them (i.e. DaveC). Maybe he can just go down there with you and they swap them on the spot. Might be worth a shot...they don't have to put them back into circulation and get an immediate sale out of it!
Though I'd guess the face value of the club is higher than GA, so if they are going to let her do a straight swap, I'd just do it, otherwise if she were to try and retain the GA's for Dave, she might have to pay full face for the ACC club..
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #15
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Though I'd guess the face value of the club is higher than GA, so if they are going to let her do a straight swap, I'd just do it, otherwise if she were to try and retain the GA's for Dave, she might have to pay full face for the ACC club..
I don't mean hold on to them or even barter the sale..just tell them she knows someone who will buy immediately from them if they tell said person when to be there...then If said person could be there exactly when they needed to be, it might be win win for all. She can't really sell her tickets to anyone, or at least I don't think we can...because of the cc thing. She should definitely do the switch tho...they won't have a hard time selling the GAs lol

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote