Exchanging Tickets this Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. I do not know what this whole plus +1 thing is. I don't listen to or follow Pearl Jam.

2. It seems that we have a guy who is attending the concert by himself concerned about an extra ticket and entry with this other guy as GA's have to enter together.

c. We do not have an answer as to why he did not just by 1 ticket... outside of some weird pre-sale reference. Not convincing.

iv. The poster seems not to acknowledge that if he is waiting in the GA line (unofficial spot #20 - as we know that any of these GA lines where the geeks in the front few tents start a 'number' system are junk and powerless and worthy of scorn) for a single individual and that individual shows up at 5PM after work should still be allowed to enter with this guy at spot #20. Deal with it. What are the damages? Missing the Bomb shelter or the Heart? Oh Well.. Maybe you should have been spot #19 if you wanted to be in front of this guy and get in the Heart.

5. BIGLOVEBOXNG - If I were you and for some weird reason bought 2 GA tickets when I knew all along I was going alone... I would tell your plus +1 partner that you are in line at spot #whatever. Whenever he shows up you then walk in with him at your current position. Those that even mention moving to the end of line are silly and if put in the situation absolutely would not move to the end of the line if it were their GA spot on the line. If they would, then they also probably gave up their lunch money as a kid, and let someone else bang their wife without recourse.

iiiiii. IF you are worried about a top 100 slot. Make sure you are in the top 10. Because I won't stand for your bitching when my friends show up after work and we walk in in front of you.

iiiiii. IF you are worried about a top 100 slot. Make sure you are in the top 10. Because I won't stand for your bitching when my friends show up after work and we walk in in front of you.

You are an awful person.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Tough talk. I guess what it boils down to is some people have common courtesy and extend the same to others. Whereas some have a sense of entitlement. I think everyone agrees that there's room to accommodate people who show up a little late to queue. On the other hand, what separates us from animals is our ability to reason and follow what would seem to be common rules that society accepts as reasonable. I know if I'm in line at a grocery store for half an hour I wouldn't want my wife to show up with a cart of her own a half hour later and cut everyone in line. It would be rude and inappropriate. Everyone's time has value, and if someone chooses to get in line early to assure themselves a better place at the show, there is every reason to respect that. But then again, there are always douchebags in this world who think they are better than others, more important than others, and more entitled than others. Those are the people who, when they end up in an uncomfortable situation, like prison, ultimately end up being someone's bitch. And when they get bitch slapped, the cower and cry "Why did you do that!?!" And look for the nearest cop.

The best thing about this stage design is that it's less important to sit outside all day.

In the past, the second place to fill up after the immediate stage area were the rails. There's a shit load of rails now. So you can pretty much show up at 7/8 and at worst you'll be somewhere between the main stage and the B stage and not very far from the middle walkway.

So good views for everyone.

:up: There really isn't a reason to show up until after the warm up band leaves the stage. There's tons of quality real estate with this type of setup. The other thing is, if you're a main stage rail hugger you're gonna watch half the show from the back of the arena.

200 feet by 85 feet. This is an incredibly small amount of space really.
We're talking about 2000 people instead of 10,000 (360 tour).
The entire floor is GOLD!

I'm having an early dinner at my favourite place with a nice beer. I'll go to the venue when the line has already gone in.
I'm quite happy to have this perspective. If it means one of you get a rail spot because I'm this way, then win/win.

A show with less than 20,000 in attendance is a club gig for a band that can still sellout stadiums 60,000+ (and they will 2016!).

I am glad to hear that BUFFALOBOXING agrees with me. As much as a First-Come First-SERVE ME attitude and reality should exist there are many of us U2 fans who are just as big U2 lovers... we have been on Interference.com for over 15 years.. have waited in line for the elevation tour GA's.. have started these shitty number systems.. have tried to become douchebags and report line jumpers.. ultimately have just tried to get in line early to get to see u2 up close.

And you know what?!@!@#$% We did. We saw U2 up close. Except for some fat bitch whose birthday it was, I would have been rail at U2 Washington DC but Bono saw her sign and climbed on the rail and my little brother and I held him up as he leaned all his 100 lb body mass into the crowd to shove his crotch into this fat girls face. Now, we all wondered why he gave attention to a fat girl because bono has said that he doesn't like his girl fans fat.. but we were excited for the opportunity to have such a weird interaction with him. I also took the time to scream in his face as he was shouting 'AND THE GROUND BENEATH HER FEEEEEEEEEEEEE' that 1) he needs to play guitar again on with or without you, 2) needs to bring back ultraviolet (which he did) 3) needs to write and record a final transcendent rock album... they still have not done number 3.

GO SLOWLY DOWN YOUR DARKENED WAY.. yeah.. you younger guys don't even remember that one

What about the "transfer" option for the tickets? If two people wanted to trade, can they theoretically use this option to transfer tickets to each other ?

1. I do not know what this whole plus +1 thing is. I don't listen to or follow Pearl Jam.

2. It seems that we have a guy who is attending the concert by himself concerned about an extra ticket and entry with this other guy as GA's have to enter together.

c. We do not have an answer as to why he did not just by 1 ticket... outside of some weird pre-sale reference. Not convincing.

iv. The poster seems not to acknowledge that if he is waiting in the GA line (unofficial spot #20 - as we know that any of these GA lines where the geeks in the front few tents start a 'number' system are junk and powerless and worthy of scorn) for a single individual and that individual shows up at 5PM after work should still be allowed to enter with this guy at spot #20. Deal with it. What are the damages? Missing the Bomb shelter or the Heart? Oh Well.. Maybe you should have been spot #19 if you wanted to be in front of this guy and get in the Heart.

5. BIGLOVEBOXNG - If I were you and for some weird reason bought 2 GA tickets when I knew all along I was going alone... I would tell your plus +1 partner that you are in line at spot #whatever. Whenever he shows up you then walk in with him at your current position. Those that even mention moving to the end of line are silly and if put in the situation absolutely would not move to the end of the line if it were their GA spot on the line. If they would, then they also probably gave up their lunch money as a kid, and let someone else bang their wife without recourse.

You sound like the asshole who shows up ten minutes before the door opens. If you showed that attitude in the actual line I'd probably clock you

I am glad to hear that BUFFALOBOXING agrees with me. As much as a First-Come First-SERVE ME attitude and reality should exist there are many of us U2 fans who are just as big U2 lovers... we have been on Interference.com for over 15 years.. have waited in line for the elevation tour GA's.. have started these shitty number systems.. have tried to become douchebags and report line jumpers.. ultimately have just tried to get in line early to get to see u2 up close.

And you know what?!@!@#$% We did. We saw U2 up close. Except for some fat bitch whose birthday it was, I would have been rail at U2 Washington DC but Bono saw her sign and climbed on the rail and my little brother and I held him up as he leaned all his 100 lb body mass into the crowd to shove his crotch into this fat girls face. Now, we all wondered why he gave attention to a fat girl because bono has said that he doesn't like his girl fans fat.. but we were excited for the opportunity to have such a weird interaction with him. I also took the time to scream in his face as he was shouting 'AND THE GROUND BENEATH HER FEEEEEEEEEEEEE' that 1) he needs to play guitar again on with or without you, 2) needs to bring back ultraviolet (which he did) 3) needs to write and record a final transcendent rock album... they still have not done number 3.

GO SLOWLY DOWN YOUR DARKENED WAY.. yeah.. you younger guys don't even remember that one

Da fuck did I just read?

First come first serve. People who get in line early and do their time in the queue deserve the best spots. But venues need to be put in charge of organizing the lines because sometimes the fans do things such as saving spots and putting their friends on the list even if they're not there. If someone is in line all day and then their friends show up at 5 o'clock and cut everyone, then they should be sent to the back of the line.

Anyone else get email from Ticketmaster saying tickets were being delayed to make sure you were not a robot?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

You sound like the asshole who shows up ten minutes before the door opens. If you showed that attitude in the actual line I'd probably clock you

We will be sure to show up at the 'infuriating' time that you have deemed 'clock worthy'... cut in line in front of you and join my friends and then ask you if you really will be willing to 'clock' me.

What do you think will happen? I am pretty sure I will leave the situation and enjoy the concert without being 'clocked'. We are surprised that you haven't gotten more backlash for your violent laden solution to a line cutter here on interference.

We'll tell you how it will work... and it will be without Hallunication assaulting or clocking anyone and being hauled off in cuffs going to jail while we all enjoy the concert. We create a general line culture where people in line are afforded the general gratis of their position. People may join them... maybe ten people may join them.. that is ok.. it's the life of things. Some people work... If you want a spot in the heart you make sure you are in the first five and show up two days ahead of time.. and stink for the concert for the concert because you have not showered. But come gametime there will be groups that meet those who are already in line.You let them in.. actually.. you don't let them in.. it's an unofficial line where there is no legal remedy except for pulling a ferguson missouri mob act to bounce a late arriver might succeed. I propose to you interference members that you act with some civility and not become a Ferguson mob. All will get in the U2 GA section generally where they are in line and all will enjoy the show.

Anyone who disagrees with me has not seen the realities of the past couple tours. It's not perfect but it will work and you will get in if you get a spot.

Here's the caveat emptor thingee of it all.. if you want in the top 100... get in the top 5

We also think it is worthy of acknowledging that a member of Interference.com Hallucination proposed 'clocking'.. ie knocking the snot out of someone as a solution for something as silly as jumping a few places in a line for a concert. Come on dude. You can get charged and put in jail with threats of assault.. even if its on an internet message board. We presume you will retract that statement or that will be forwarded to an attorney by the close of business tomorrow by someone we are sure.

We will be sure to show up at the 'infuriating' time that you have deemed 'clock worthy'... cut in line in front of you and join my friends and then ask you if you really will be willing to 'clock' me.

What do you think will happen? I am pretty sure I will leave the situation and enjoy the concert without being 'clocked'. We are surprised that you haven't gotten more backlash for your violent laden solution to a line cutter here on interference.

We'll tell you how it will work... and it will be without Hallunication assaulting or clocking anyone and being hauled off in cuffs going to jail while we all enjoy the concert. We create a general line culture where people in line are afforded the general gratis of their position. People may join them... maybe ten people may join them.. that is ok.. it's the life of things. Some people work... If you want a spot in the heart you make sure you are in the first five and show up two days ahead of time.. and stink for the concert for the concert because you have not showered. But come gametime there will be groups that meet those who are already in line.You let them in.. actually.. you don't let them in.. it's an unofficial line where there is no legal remedy except for pulling a ferguson missouri mob act to bounce a late arriver might succeed. I propose to you interference members that you act with some civility and not become a Ferguson mob. All will get in the U2 GA section generally where they are in line and all will enjoy the show.

Anyone who disagrees with me has not seen the realities of the past couple tours. It's not perfect but it will work and you will get in if you get a spot.

Here's the caveat emptor thingee of it all.. if you want in the top 100... get in the top 5

We also think it is worthy of acknowledging that a member of Interference.com Hallucination proposed 'clocking'.. ie knocking the snot out of someone as a solution for something as silly as jumping a few places in a line for a concert. Come on dude. You can get charged and put in jail with threats of assault.. even if its on an internet message board. We presume you will retract that statement or that will be forwarded to an attorney by the close of business tomorrow by someone we are sure.

God, you are absolutely terrible. Can the mods please do something, please.

Anyone else get email from Ticketmaster saying tickets were being delayed to make sure you were not a robot?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I got one for one pair purchased with innocence code.

Just to be sure, "threats" such as those mentioned above cannot result in jail. So either go to law school or read a Gilbert's Penal Law before pretending to have knowledge of the law. In any event, like I referenced previously, it's amazing how effective a simple open-handed bitch slap can be to put someone in their place. And even in the State of New York it's not an arrestable offense--it's merely a violation--so the slapee should keep that in mind when he goes looking for the cops after talking "Tough Tony." Having said that, you can be as tough as you want to be on the Internet. The reality is you and your ten friends will be in the nosebleeds or hanging by the soundboards. Kinda like Anthony Michael Hall and his crew in Sixteen Candles.

Speaking of "plus 1's....I posted this in another thread, but since there is no single "NY shows" thread as of now, I don't know who will be reading which, and I have to go to work now so I won't be on here the rest of the day.

Just giving a head-up to people ahead of time so I won't have to repeat the experience of "spamming" threads...(no, I'm not spamming..this is only once, so people will know who I am, before the sales start.)

And b/c I still don't know which if any NY shows seats will be "hard" tix (that I could claim and go myself), or if I'd need to be a "plus 1" creditcard buddy. It's also if anyone has extra money and is successful either tomorrow for the first shows, OR whenever the added shows if any for NY go on sale--(my nightmare is Monday sells out and BAM! extra shows pop up on the TM screens right away, would they DO that?!?! They'd have to announced added shows ahead of time, right?)

If anyone can, could they buy an extra ticket tomorrow or when the added shows go onsale, so I could be their +1? /cc buddy? it would be like the guy above if it was a hard ticket, as long as I'm in the building for ANY NY show I'm happy, even if it's the rafters. I would send you the money on Friday, of course. Don't ask how I found myself in this situation, in the past, I had presale codes and everything, but this year my U2 plans went awry due to RL. So now I find myself in this situation..Nobody else I contacted has answered.

Again, just giving a heads up so people will know me, if there was a single NY thread I wouldn't have done this. And I have limited time to post, so I'm off now, I promise.
if anyone can help, let me know, and I'll give them my email asap.

And now, I'm off, I promise, and mods, please don't ban me. I won't do this again.

off to work now..peace out

Hope I haven't worn out my welcome on here, mods, be kind, please:)

Speaking of "plus 1's....I posted this in another thread, but since there is no single "NY shows" thread as of now, I don't know who will be reading which, and I have to go to work now so I won't be on here the rest of the day.

Just giving a head-up to people ahead of time so I won't have to repeat the experience of "spamming" threads...(no, I'm not spamming..this is only once, so people will know who I am, before the sales start.)

And b/c I still don't know which if any NY shows seats will be "hard" tix (that I could claim and go myself), or if I'd need to be a "plus 1" creditcard buddy. It's also if anyone has extra money and is successful either tomorrow for the first shows, OR whenever the added shows if any for NY go on sale--(my nightmare is Monday sells out and BAM! extra shows pop up on the TM screens right away, would they DO that?!?! They'd have to announced added shows ahead of time, right?)

If anyone can, could they buy an extra ticket tomorrow or when the added shows go onsale, so I could be their +1? /cc buddy? it would be like the guy above if it was a hard ticket, as long as I'm in the building for ANY NY show I'm happy, even if it's the rafters. I would send you the money on Friday, of course. Don't ask how I found myself in this situation, in the past, I had presale codes and everything, but this year my U2 plans went awry due to RL. So now I find myself in this situation..Nobody else I contacted has answered.

Again, just giving a heads up so people will know me, if there was a single NY thread I wouldn't have done this. And I have limited time to post, so I'm off now, I promise.
if anyone can help, let me know, and I'll give them my email asap.

And now, I'm off, I promise, and mods, please don't ban me. I won't do this again.

off to work now..peace out

Hope I haven't worn out my welcome on here, mods, be kind, please:)

There is no credit card entry in NY, it's illegal throughout the entire state. Tickets only.

Teta040 they are most likely going to add shows at about 10:15 local, as soon as MSG sells out, which won't take long. Ditto for Boston (and other shows as well). I am highly skeptical that there will be any notice OR any presales.

Given that it's arena shows, I don't think there will be any pre-sales for extra shows. I think some extra shows on 360° didn't have pre-sales either, unless my memory's horrible.

In the FAQ they use Dublin as an example (3 times iirc) of future 2015shows that unused presale codes could be used on. Of course, a code can't be used if there's no presale, so I'm gathering that at least some shows will have presales..

Sent from my ass crack

Back
Top Bottom