Ever meet someone famous at a U2 concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But did you wish him a happy birthday at least a month too late?

Apparently most of the cast of Lost were in the GA at Hawaii Vertigo. That would have been an interesting crowd to rock with!

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Apparently most of the cast of Lost were in the GA at Hawaii Vertigo. That would have been an interesting crowd to rock with!

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

They were. From my seats I saw Dominic Monaghan and Evangeline Lilly scooting through GA and I think Daniel Dae Kim and Josh Holloway as well at some point. Maybe some others.

Sent from my U2 iPod using U2 Interference

Nancy Pelosi at 360 DC, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes at 360 Boston1, Questlove at Vertigo Philly 1, Lance Armstrong at IE Denver 2, Eddie Vedder holding his daughter at the back of the field at Vertigo Hawaii, Neil McCormick and Andy Rowan at 360 Pittsburgh, George Stephanopoulis at Elevation NYC along with Carrot Top, Bill Flanagan, Gavin, and Guggi.

Never "met" anyone famous, but have definitely seen a number of celebs over the years. Peter Wolf of J. Geils at Vertigo Boston. Also saw a few New England Patriots, like Tedy Bruschi and Mike Vrabel. Oh, and Al and Tipper Gore.

And of course, Paul McGuinness, surveying the floor crowd at Elevation Providence.

I met Tom Morello in the ellipse and Liam Neeson on the floor at MSG. Also stood behind Ralph Finnes at the same MSG show and quoted Red Dragon lines the entire show, which I don't believe he appreciated.

I was with Tony from Unforgettable Fire at a Vertigo show in Jersey when we ran into Paul McGuiness... who had met T a few days earlier in Philly and took some pictures with him. Paul recognized Tony, rambled some drunken mess about how funny it was taking pictures with a Bono impersonator, and sloppily gave us wristbands saying "here, go to the heart" (I remind you this was Vertigo tour).

Well, Paul gave us the wrong wristbands. We tried telling the guard that U2's manager gave them to us, and he laughed and told us to fuck off.

I was with Tony from Unforgettable Fire at a Vertigo show in Jersey when we ran into Paul McGuiness... who had met T a few days earlier in Philly and took some pictures with him. Paul recognized Tony, rambled some drunken mess about how funny it was taking pictures with a Bono impersonator, and sloppily gave us wristbands saying "here, go to the heart" (I remind you this was Vertigo tour).

Well, Paul gave us the wrong wristbands. We tried telling the guard that U2's manager gave them to us, and he laughed and told us to fuck off.

:lol: Brilliant story!

But those wristbands would have been gold in 2001.

Met John Cusack in LA on the Vertigo tour.

Stood in front of the Entourage guys at that same show. I can be spotted in the episode they were filming that day.

I've seen a few celebs in the VIP areas in LA, including Kate Hudson, Colin Farrell, Tom Morello, Tony, Tom and Adrian from No Doubt.

When Kasabian opened for U2. I saw Tom Meighan passing by in the pub.

I blurted out something like " Omygod its Tom" While dining with friends, but I was too scared to approach him..

My mates ushered me to do so..
He was okay about it and signed my Rolling Stone magazine with them on the cover. :D After that I ran off.

I still think its weird to approach anyone for this kind of shit. :lol:

I once sat behind Sting at a Broadway show. Hoping I have some U2 show sightings at MSG. Running into Jimmy Fallon in GA would be nuts, he'd be off the charts bonkers during the show.

I saw some of their family members not too far from me in Chicago 2001. (Would never bother them, though)

Interesting story about Bon Jovi, though... My cousin used to do AV for rock bands and was touring with Bon Jovi in Japan a number of years back. My cousin had a seizure while working during their show and went to the ER. They found out he had a brain tumor and Bon Jovi were so cool to him. They paid to have his wife flown over and also to go back to the US when he was able. When he came home he found out it was brain cancer and they paid for all his care and living expenses during that time. He is cancer free now after they said he only had about 18 months to live! I wasn't a huge Bon Jovi fan before but I have to say they really stepped up for my cousin! It was a cool and decent thing for them to do.

Interesting story about Bon Jovi, though... My cousin used to do AV for rock bands and was touring with Bon Jovi in Japan a number of years back. My cousin had a seizure while working during their show and went to the ER. They found out he had a brain tumor and Bon Jovi were so cool to him. They paid to have his wife flown over and also to go back to the US when he was able. When he came home he found out it was brain cancer and they paid for all his care and living expenses during that time. He is cancer free now after they said he only had about 18 months to live! I wasn't a huge Bon Jovi fan before but I have to say they really stepped up for my cousin! It was a cool and decent thing for them to do.

:up:

I saw some of their family members not too far from me in Chicago 2001. (Would never bother them, though)

That's great to hear about your cousin! :up:

I met Paul McGuinness in the pit / inner circle at the Vertigo tour show in Philadelphia.

It was great, he asked my friend and I what we thought of the "random draw" system they had for letting people into the pit. Having just won the draw at my one and only American show, I naturally thought it was an amazing system (they didn't use the system in Europe).

Paul then gave me his setlist, which I asked him to sign during some loud song, I can't remember. He asked me my name.

"Dean".

"Steve?"

"No, Dean"

"Steve?"

"No, DEAN".

At which point he signed the setlist, "To Steve, best wishes, Paul McGuinness".

So if there are any Steves on here who are interested in a signed setlist at a reasonable price... ha ha.

I met Paul McGuinness in the pit / inner circle at the Vertigo tour show in Philadelphia.

It was great, he asked my friend and I what we thought of the "random draw" system they had for letting people into the pit. Having just won the draw at my one and only American show, I naturally thought it was an amazing system (they didn't use the system in Europe).

Paul then gave me his setlist, which I asked him to sign during some loud song, I can't remember. He asked me my name.

"Dean".

"Steve?"

"No, Dean"

"Steve?"

"No, DEAN".

At which point he signed the setlist, "To Steve, best wishes, Paul McGuinness".

So if there are any Steves on here who are interested in a signed setlist at a reasonable price... ha ha.

Further proves that Paul McGuinness spent the majority of 2004 in a drunken stupor.

Went to the 360 show in New Jersey with my brother. Muse just finished the warm up and we went to get beers and use port-o-potty. My brother says to me that Salman Rushdie was in front of us. I said no way, he has that fatwa on him. He continued to say it was him. Finally I said "Hey Salman" and he turned around . I shook his hand and took his picture. My brother and I still don't know why Salman chose to use the public bathrooms. They had one in the celeberty pit he just came out of. We joked later that we should have took a picture of him standing in line to use the port-o-potty and sold it.

Back
Top Bottom