Europe leg. What would YOU change? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:01 PM
Europe leg. What would YOU change?

Well, the first leg is almost over. It has evolved, there's been a few changes, the first part is awesome and the second one can be better.

What changes would you make?

I would:

- Make the 2nd song really rotational. (Almost) Never the same: Two Hearts Beat As One, Even Better Than The Real Thing (the original), Twilight, Get On Your Boots (yes, I said it), California, All Because Of You, Rejoice, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock... they have too many good songs for that spot.

- I Will Follow or Out Of Control, not both, they're practically the same song

- Song For Someone. ENOUGH. It's not working. Cedarwood Road ---> SBS would be perfect. Change it for All I Want Is You or Kite

- Invisible --> Discotheque / Crazy Tonight / Beautiful Day (remix). Any one of those (especially the BD remix, it has the same opening beat as the end of Invisible) would be awesome

- e-stage: add No Line On The Horizon. Please!!!

- Goodbye Hands/Pride. Make it EBW/Bullet/October/New Year's Day

- COBL. Please stop! Make it rest.

- Encore: THE CRYSTAL BALLROOM. That song belongs in the main stage with a full stage/screen performance.

I would make CALIFORNIA the closer, every night, but I don't know if that would work in Europe.

pepokiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #2
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 09:01 PM
Dump Snooze for someone.

NEVER ever play Suck in a moment acousticly again.

Fuck the haters, play Volcano on a nightly basis.

Bring Miracle Drug back instead of COBL/BD.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:00 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepokiss View Post
- I Will Follow or Out Of Control, not both, they're practically the same song
they are practically the same song except out of control is awesome
DRay9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:22 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

- Make the 2nd song really rotational. (Almost) Never the same: Two Hearts Beat As One, Even Better Than The Real Thing (the original), Twilight, Get On Your Boots (yes, I said it), California, All Because Of You, Rejoice, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock... they have too many good songs for that spot.
NO WAY! STAHP. Song #2 should be Electric Co as a staple! Its to awesome to miss.

Next point : Don't care when or what, but they need to play A Sort Of Homecomming. Polled as one of diehard fan's top request this tour.

Make IWF slots for the rotational slot and I'm happy. Gloria, Two Hearts, or OOC.

I agree with Galeongirl : Awaaaaay with Song for Someone. Iris, Volcano, EBW are all much better.
And imho Beautifull Day is half arsed this tour. Get it off the setlist U2... People can live without it.

And last but not least: I would like to hear and see the debut of "This is where you can reach me now"

PS: Bono , stop talking over the streets intro.
domo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
The Fly

Local Time: 11:01 PM
I really want to see them meddle with those two 'cage' slots - throw in Zooropa, The Fly, Discotheque, but I doubt that this part of the show will change this year.

Unrealistic - have Acrobat snippet after Bullet to lead into Streets, then end main set with Pride and open encore with The Troubles.
malchik_petya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:01 PM
That's the other thing...

THE TROUBLES ---> BULLET

Play EVERY BREAKING WAVE for real and end the show with that.
pepokiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:36 PM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:01 PM
I Will Follow really needs a rest. At least rotate it, but for it to get a nightly spot on every tour since ... what, ZooTV? Oy.

Longer encore.

Would love them to try EBW as full band. Just give a shot, gentlemen.
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:21 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:01 PM
What's weird is all of the songs in a permanent spot in the setlist that don't NEED to be played every night.

I will follow (should be rotated with OOC, and should be the 2nd song of the night)

The 4th song should be a rotating slot of upbeat, random songs. Doesn't necessarily even have to be an old song. Gloria, Electric Co, 2 Hearts, NYD, The Fly, Elevation, ABOY, NLOTH, The Refugee!

Invisible & Even better than the real thing- IMO, the remixed inside the screen mini set could offer so much more. Crystal Ballroom, Discotheque, Mofo, The Fly, Zoo Station, Crazy Tonight, Magnificent

Mysterious Ways - Gets the crowd going, for sure, doesn't need played every night though.

2 Rotating E Stage numbers- The only thing I'd suggest is to keep "When Love Comes to Town" in the rotation. People loved the song before BB King passed away, and they'll still love it after he's gone. Also, NLOTH begs for this spot.

Ordinary Love is a snoozer, and Ordinary Love into piano version of EBW the low point of the concert, IMO.

Play EBW full band, or not at all. Nobody wants to hear that shit.

Rotate Pride and NYD. Both are greatest hits, both kind of serve the same purpose. Neither one is more essential than the other.

Create a spot within the encore where "California" and "Volcano" are rotated. Maybe after Beautiful Day, before Streets.

AND PLAY SOME FUCKING ZOOROPA AND POP!!!!!
The_acrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:33 AM   #9
The Fly

Local Time: 12:31 AM
One think I'd like to see is I Will Follow moved to e-stage rotation and that slot used for another early rock song. Nothing wrong with having Electric Co and Gloria on the same night. In an ideal world that would take the place of Song for Someone but I can't see them dropping their latest single.
kps88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:01 AM   #10
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:01 AM
- A SORT OF HOMECOMING, anywhere, anyhow.

- Keep the Electric Co./Out Of Control rotation, and make I Will Follow rotate with Gloria. During the more extended residencies, throw 11 O'clock Tick Tock and a couple of other rarities into the mix (Two Hearts? Twilight?).

- Move Song For Someone to follow Iris rather than Cedarwood Road.

- Rotate SBS with NYD and Please.

- UTEOTW is incredible this tour. However, one of the things I love most about its live history are the amazing segues and I miss that. There are so many options here, it's not funny.

- Actually play The Fly live!

- Rotate EBTTRT/MW to make one rotational slot and free up another for more rotations.

- Play EBW in its proper full band form. That could go well in the encore. It's weird that no new songs have appeared in the encore. The last time the encore did not regularly contain at least one new song was 1985!

- Get rid of the clunky segues into Bullet. EBW didn't work, and COBL's an even worse transition. The song needs a new home.

- While we're at it, get rid of that contrived Bullet/Hands/Pride transition. One of the worst things I've ever heard U2 do, and it will go down like a lead balloon in Europe. Follow Bullet instead with an RTSS/One Step Closer/Troubles rotation like they seemed to be rehearsing in Vancouver.

- Don't play the Hawking video before COBL if you're going to play COBL mid-set. That's just weird. Use the video to open the encore as intended or don't use it.

- Bad should either be a nightly fixture or rotate with AIWIY.

- NO SPEECH BEFORE STREETS. Give it afterwards. It makes no difference whether it's before or after. Return to having a seamless segue into Streets.

- Find a decent closer, for the love of god.

- Pop exists, guys, and it has good songs.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:11 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
- A SORT OF HOMECOMING, anywhere, anyhow.

- NO SPEECH BEFORE STREETS. Give it afterwards. It makes no difference whether it's before or after. Return to having a seamless segue into Streets.

Definitely these.

The momentum of the show is killed when Bono talks and then the Mother & Child snippet...and then Streets starts and we're off the ground again. Perhaps they should move the Mother & Child snippet till after streets and lead it into ISHFWLF/One/"40"
bono_man2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:35 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Ive been thinking about this myself, i wonder if they will change anything at all. New years day normally gets more outings in europe. Maybe the bullet/hands snippet will get dropped. Im off to london 1&6(got tickets for 5 but not sure whether to go)
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:46 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:01 PM
Quote:
- Invisible --> Crazy Tonight
dear god no

Quote:
- Goodbye Hands/Pride.

- COBL. Please stop! Make it rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
AND PLAY SOME FUCKING ZOOROPA AND POP!!!!!
i'd be good with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
- Find a decent closer, for the love of god.

the choice of closer is truly baffling
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:03 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Everything. EVERY-THING! EVERYTHING!

Akin to the Vertigo Tour intro.
djerdap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #15
War Child

More from the ZOOTV/Pop area: Gone/Mofo/Acrobat/Zoostation/The Fly. Gives a more European taste. Drop Still haven't found, With or without you, COBL, Vertigo,.
Throw a new song in and play EBW with full band.

Please play Tomorrow/Mofo/Iris all together!

Still wanting to hear Two hearts, Drowning man and Surrender once again.

To hear October again is a great step.

wolbersu2 is offline   Reply With Quote