Europe leg. What would YOU change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Songs for them to consider:

Twilight
Promenade
ASOH
The Fly
So Cruel
MOFO
Gone
Dirty Day
WILATW
EBW -full band
Bad at least every other show
OTH - rarely but throw it in once every few shows.

So much yes for this

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I would change two things only. Less gay talk and more talk about how great police officers are.

Why do you have to bring this up in all my posts and do so sarcastically???

Second time you've done this now in completely different threads than when it was discussed.

I presented a balanced view once on something I disagreed with and never mentioned it again after the initial discussion thread.

That not allowed here?

And don't put the gay talk anywhere near my posts and imply I want less of it..... I have nothing but 100% support for the people of Ireland, the US Supreme Court ruling and Bono's comments on the matter!

I would probably add shit tons of Zooropa/POP era songs. Discotheque and Zooropa can work as "inside the screen" thing. They can play Stay and SATS and all for acoustic sets. I also want some unpopular songs like Do you feel loved or Last Night on Earth to be played again with improved visuals.I may also like Dirty Day and what not. COBL and all of those "dad-rocky" songs needs to go. even Streets. Just ditch them and play something interesting. Like Sort of Homecoming. 4th of July. Love is Blindness. So Cruel or the Fly.
Add some SOI materials if they can, like Sleep like a baby tonite. or more Trouble. or even This is where you can reach me. just no more SFS.

Finally, I would love if they road-test some SOE materials, cant even wait to hear them!!!!

This, all of it! Well, except Streets stays :D

I really want to see them meddle with those two 'cage' slots - throw in Zooropa, The Fly, Discotheque, but I doubt that this part of the show will change this year.

Unrealistic - have Acrobat snippet after Bullet to lead into Streets, then end main set with Pride and open encore with The Troubles.

Yes, and this! Well, at least the part about "Acrobat". I don't have a strong opinion about Pride placement, and I would love to see Troubles somewhere, maybe opening encore would be good. I think an Acrobat snippet after Bullet would be so perfect in so many ways!
Please excuse my ignorance, but have they ever snippeted Acrobat? I think I know (but usually everything I know is wrong :wink:) that they won't/don't play it, but it seems so eminently snippet-able, no?

- the miracle
- the fly
- electric co
- vertigo
- gloria
- Iris
- Cedarwood Road
- Raise by wolves
- UTEOTW
- Acrobat
- Elevation
- Beautiful Day
- October
- New Years DAy
- Last Night on Earth
- Bullet the blue Sky
- Pride
- Get on your Boots
- No Line on the Horizon
- WOWY
(encore)

- Streets
- I Still Havent found
- Moment of Surrender

some of these songs rotational. but i would like some like that

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

Please excuse my ignorance, but have they ever snippeted Acrobat?

No. The closest was this hilarious "improv" (aka how to get out from forgetting lyrics) from Bono during the first performance of Zoo Station after 12 years at the 1st Vertigo show in San Diego:

"I'm ready... I'm ready for the acrobat,
I'm ready... ready for the balls... and the bat."

I'd like to see the 1st half change up a little.
01) The Miracle
02) 2Hearts/11 O Clock/Gloria/Surrender
03) Volcano/Reach/California
04) Electric Co/OOC/IWF/11 O Clock
05) Cedarwood Road
06) SFS
07) Iris
08) Bullet
09) Please/Running To Stand Still
10) Wolves
11) End Of The World

Slide Vertigo to 2nd set where Bullet is usually placed.
Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Play more stuff from new album regularly.

Drop some warhorses like Mysterious Ways, Sunday, Still Haven´t Found, Bullet.

Drop the "It´s time to talk about..." in the middle of songs

Play more stuff from new album regularly.

Drop some warhorses like Mysterious Ways, Sunday, Still Haven´t Found, Bullet.

Drop the "It´s time to talk about..." in the middle of songs

Bullet can't be dropped its so bad ass on this tour it blew me away last week in MSG

Bullet can't be dropped its so bad ass on this tour it blew me away last week in MSG

For me I would rest vertigo,COBL,still haven't found,mysterious ways. I think when they get to Europe they will probably change up the hands/pride bit

- the miracle
- the fly
- electric co
- vertigo
- gloria
- Iris
- Cedarwood Road
- Raise by wolves
- UTEOTW
- Acrobat
- Elevation
- Beautiful Day
- October
- New Years DAy
- Last Night on Earth
- Bullet the blue Sky
- Pride
- Get on your Boots
- No Line on the Horizon
- WOWY
(encore)

- Streets
- I Still Havent found
- Moment of Surrender

some of these songs rotational. but i would like some like that

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

This one's intriguing somehow to me :D, impossibilities like Acrobat aside.
It's all the hell over the place song to song, but it would be massively fun to watch them try and pull off :applaud:

I do absolutely love how Moment of Surrender works as a closer, whatever the setlist. Maybe especially outdoors, maybe especially because it was magical to me when they closed with it for Soldier Field 13 9 2009 :heart: Sending people off into the lovely end-of-summer evening along the Park with that song, so nice...

Are you guys not into the idea of road-testing SOE songs?

IMHO I didn't find the road testing of EBW, North Star, Mercy, Glastonbury and Stingray (if that one even counts) very memorable.
I've seen them play every single one except EBW.
the only one I really enjoyed was Mercy, because the version in Brussels was pretty outstanding.

(It ended up on Wide Awake in Europe too.. So the band was obviously in shape and satisfied with the results of that night)

All the other songs came across as pretty bland.

Still , I know as a hardcore fan I would appreciate them debuting new material. . But for a live setting.. It might be better not to do so.

IMHO I didn't find the road testing of EBW, North Star, Mercy, Glastonbury and Stingray (if that one even counts) very memorable.
I've seen them play every single one except EBW.
the only one I really enjoyed was Mercy, because the version in Brussels was pretty outstanding.

(It ended up on Wide Awake in Europe too.. So the band was obviously in shape and satisfied with the results of that night)

All the other songs came across as pretty bland.

Still , I know as a hardcore fan I would appreciate them debuting new material. . But for a live setting.. It might be better not to do so.

Weirdly enough, I liked EBW debuted at 360 and additonally pumped when it was on SOI. im just saying they can road test couple fo songs time to time, not like they did in 360 Europe leg

I wouldn't mind Stories For Boys being rotated in during the early part of the show, and though it wouldn't interest a lot of people, personally, I'd like to hear the following sequence: Do You Feel Loved->If You Wear That Velvet Dress->The Crystal Ballroom->Your Blue Room->With or Without You->The Troubles. Generally the second half "experience" part of the show needs more work.

Last edited:
Going to London 6.

Could do without BD, COBL and One. Would love Discotheque, Bad, ASOH and a proper segue into Streets.

ASOH replacing EBTTRT.

Bullet into RTSS into Pride into WOWY to close main set.

Reach Around and California to appear SOMEWHERE

Stay somewhere

None of these are unreasonable hopes I think

That's a risky proposition, since One's live performances seem to have lost something vital since Popmart, but opening 2nd set with One inside the Berlin wall could have been pretty atmospheric. Those 'tired warhorses' just need some visual punch if the band is so inclined to keep them, and One could benefit from this, I think. Anyway I wouldn't want to see at as a closer - should either be 'cage' or e-stage in my opinion.

Plus I suppose Invisible would be cooler outside the 'cage' (though I haven't been to shows yet and I'd leave this judgement to those who have). Have it closing the main set or add to the encore. They could even segue into Streets if they wanted to.

And Twilight, please

Plus I suppose Invisible would be cooler outside the 'cage' (though I haven't been to shows yet and I'd leave this judgement to those who have). Have it closing the main set or add to the encore. They could even segue into Streets if they wanted to.

Invisible inside the screen was incredible, and one of my favourite parts of the show, and the best use of the screen, imo. I hope you get a chance to see it. :)

Replace Song For Someone with Reach Me.

California as a regular on the e-stage.

Throw in The Troubles, Sleep Like A Baby and Volcano (not all 3 together, of course) every 5th show or so.

Last edited:
It's not my favorite song, but I hope SFS makes it all the way through the tour. I don't really care what how great the new material is, I would still like to see the band stick to their new album material and go with it to the end.
The Miracle, Cedarwood Road, Wolves, and EBW are guarantees to make it all the way to the end of the tour. SFS and Iris will most likely make it all the way as well. Invisible is sort of a toss up, but i really hope they don't drop it. It's a great song, but they may try something different to open the 2nd set later in the tour.
I think The Troubles and TCB may become more regular on the European leg and Reach might get played. It wouldn't be much of a surprise if California is dead. I'm hoping Volcano finds a regular spot in the first set, it would fit much better. Sleep Like A Baby would be awesome, but I would be shocked if it gets played. But who knows, no one expected Lucifer's Hands.

Last edited:
You read my mind. But only every 5th show is not enough.

Yeah I'd love for these songs to be played every night, but we all know there's no chance in hell of 10 new songs being part of the permanent set.

I really love how well the new songs have gone over live. Which is why it's even more infuriating that Reach Me, California, Sleep Like A Baby, The Troubles and California have been played so rarely (if at all!).

Id change my underwear. Definitely change my underwear between shows.

- no speech before Streets

- fix the closer....I don't know what song though. The only one I can think of is 40. ISHWILF is a terrible closer and I don't like the new arrangement of One.

- make EBW full band

- sick of BD but I understand why they have to play it

I don't have any problems with the 1st set at all.

Back
Top Bottom