Europe leg. What would YOU change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Composing on an acoustic does not equal folk or "campfire" song. I'm hoping for your sake your band mates don't post here.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

No, it does not. But if any of U2 song went as closest to campfire song as possible, it is Single For No One.

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

* This is where you can reach me now as opener, followed by The Miracle
* Twilight and/or Please in the 1st set
* Tomorrow as a full song or snippet in the 1st set
* The Fly instead of Mysterious Ways, maybe as opener of 2nd set
* One song of NLOTH in 2nd set (NLOTH, Magnificent or MOS)
* 1 'rare' song instead of songs like BD and COBL
* 1 song of SOE
* Stay instead of The Sweetest Thing
* Fuck Paul Simon
* Invisible as closer instead of opener of 2nd set

The main change I would do is to drop songs from the weak part of SOI (the 1st half of the album) and fill the show with the awesome songs on the strong part of SOI (from RBW to Crystal Ballroom). Played properly, main stage, backing tracks if needed (TCB is a good example where the backing track is lacking in the live version).

For the rest, I would obviously want more rotation spots, but asking the stronger songs from SOI is probably already too much.

The 2nd half of the show, and particularly the encore, need a revolution. Most lazzy performances ever, and the good interludes on the e-stage with the fans can't be an excuse to underperform on so many songs.

They have wonderful songs to end with. Troubles, MOS, 40, Love is Blindness... or on another mood, songs like Where the Streets Have no Name (no speech and decent intro, please), New Year's Day or Reach Me Now could be also perfect to end a show.

Although as a U2fan I will always prefer Bad->Streets (or any great U2 song->Streets) I kinda like their rendition of Mother and Child Reunion. It's a great song and it sounds beautiful when Bono sings it.

* This is where you can reach me now as opener, followed by The Miracle
Wow I love this idea. Never though of it as opener material, but thinking about it I can totally see it working.

Yeah if U2 composes a song with an electric guitar, it'll sound like Jimi Hendrix FOR SURE

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Wow I love this idea. Never though of it as opener material, but thinking about it I can totally see it working.

I was just thinking yesterday that Reach Around would make a great opening song, but it doesn't really fit the sound profile they've established with the other songs in the current opening set. But I can't see why they can't have it open the encore, where that is less a factor. That's IF they can work an arrangement out that works live...

EDIT: Or maybe open the second act instead of Invisible...

If they drop Invisible for the European leg (not that they will) they can fuck right off.

Bring back Numb. Let's see Edge take the spotlight.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Wasn't it on the soundboard at one NA show? It's a song that really makes more sense in Europe anyway. I'm all for more Zooropa (only 3 songs have been played since Zoo TV. It's definitely their worst represented album live, despite it being awesome.)

As for Reach as an opener, I honestly don't see it working. Not enough energy to it, and lyrically it's not as relevant as Miracle which has a very clear story about discovering music that is a great way to kick off the nostalgic act 1.Reach is definitely an e stage song though and I'd really like to see it show up, but not as the opener.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom