Chicago Seating Chart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPB1576

Babyface
So up until yesterday Ticketmaster had the Main Stage right near section 110 at the United Center in Chicago and NOW Today they switched ends!! WTF

I orginally have purchased seats in section 117 so I would have a staright away view and now that section is directly behind the stage? Has anyone else noticed this before? Can I do anything about it with ticket master??

So up until yesterday Ticketmaster had the Main Stage right near section 110 at the United Center in Chicago and NOW Today they switched ends!! WTF

I orginally have purchased seats in section 117 so I would have a staright away view and now that section is directly behind the stage? Has anyone else noticed this before? Can I do anything about it with ticket master??

Soooo unfortunately you misread the seating chart.

This is the original Ticketmaster diagram...

u2-seating-chart.PNG

And this is the new diagram...

63899s.gif

You unfortunately mistook what was labeled as the red zones for being the main stage.

I have to imagine that if you look at your tickets and receipts they will say rear stage and/or obstructed view.

They have done the same thing with Montreal!! My seats are now rear view...NOT happy.

The organization of ticket sales in December was a disaster. :down:

I imagine that many people will claim refund of tickets.

As far as I can see main stage layout hasn't changed? The red zones where initially intended to be by the e stage If I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

As far as I can see main stage layout hasn't changed? The red zones where initially intended to be by the e stage If I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Correct. Main stage has not moved, it is at the end it is always at in every venue they are playing. The Red Zone location has moved from by the B stage to by the main stage.

I have been a lurker here forever. I have learned so much( Thank You!!!) ....including the staging change!!! I have tickets for July 7 in Toronto. After reading the other comments, I checked TM to find the stage has changed there too!! I have sec 121 which was beside the main stage , Edge's side but now we are by Stage B. Not sure whether I should be bummed or excited!!! I feel we should have been advised by TM.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

The stage has not changed. Your tickets were always by the B stage, the only change is the Red Zone has been moved from by the B stage to by the main stage. Look at the end stage layout for any other show at ACC. the stage is between 110 and 117, thats where the main stage is, and always was for U2.

The stage has not changed. Your tickets were always by the B stage, the only change is the Red Zone has been moved from by the B stage to by the main stage. Look at the end stage layout for any other show at ACC. the stage is between 110 and 117, thats where the main stage is, and always was for U2.

Thanks for setting me straight!! For the longest time I have been wishing we were closer to B stage!! We were already there?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I don't mind this at all. I thought I was going to be looking down at the "e" stage as well with seats in section 326 for Chicago 1. But now I'll be looking down at the main stage which won't be too bad at all. :hmm:

So I Just double checked my tickets in sec 117 in Chicago and nowhere does it say behind the stage or obstructed view,... But it does say $275! Looks like a change to me.
Of course Ticketmaster did not have an image of the the B Stage or the main stage in its original map, so you could argue either way

So I Just double checked my tickets in sec 117 in Chicago and nowhere does it say behind the stage or obstructed view,... But it does say $275! Looks like a change to me.
Of course Ticketmaster did not have an image of the the B Stage or the main stage in its original map, so you could argue either way

That sucks - got the same exact seats for MSG for $86

That's very odd, as the stage layout has never changed. Section 117 has always been behind the stage.

You got these tickets straight from Ticketmaster? Are they hard tickets or print outs?

Montreal is getting so confusing now - the chart on Stubhub has been updated to reflect the correct Red Zone configuration but it has flipped the stage orientation around too!

http://www.stubhub.com/u2-tickets/u2-montreal-bell-centre-6-17-2015-9195926/

Meanwhile, Evenko's/Centre Bell's chart remains as it's always been. Wondering if Evenko is slow or Stubhub messed up. Originally my seats were at the side of e-stage, if the Stubhub map is now the correct one, they are now side of the main stage, which is fine with me, but others may not be so fine with the new orientation...

Also NYC MSG did update their map too - NO change in stage orientation there, although the tiny Secs 1,2,3 in front of the e-stage seem to have disappeared (and I have a ticket there one night)...

63931s.gif

Montreal is getting so confusing now - the chart on Stubhub has been updated to reflect the correct Red Zone configuration but it has flipped the stage orientation around too!

http://www.stubhub.com/u2-tickets/u2-montreal-bell-centre-6-17-2015-9195926/

Meanwhile, Evenko's/Centre Bell's chart remains as it's always been. Wondering if Evenko is slow or Stubhub messed up. Originally my seats were at the side of e-stage, if the Stubhub map is now the correct one, they are now side of the main stage, which is fine with me, but others may not be so fine with the new orientation...

I think the Evenko chart is correct, and StubHub has it backwards. Just perusing other concert setups shows the main stage at Bell Centre is always at the 107 end - so the U2 main stage should be at the same end to allow the load-in/load-out to occur as usual. Arenas can't just move loading docks from one end of the building to the other. :)

Soooo unfortunately you misread the seating chart.

This is the original Ticketmaster diagram...

u2-seating-chart.PNG

And this is the new diagram...

63899s.gif

You unfortunately mistook what was labeled as the red zones for being the main stage.

I have to imagine that if you look at your tickets and receipts they will say rear stage and/or obstructed view.

THANK YOU for posting this back to back! Again, none of these got REVERSED you guys. If you were closer to the b-stage you still are closer to the b-stage. The only thing that's not right is that the Red Zone is by the main stage and not the B, but the main and B themselves were never 'reversed' - only the Red Zone location was corrected and the main stage and b-stages drawn in.

That's very odd, as the stage layout has never changed. Section 117 has always been behind the stage.

You got these tickets straight from Ticketmaster? Are they hard tickets or print outs?

Being side-screen itself is not obstructed according to Ticketmaster. The upper sections on the end behind the main stage (ie NOT 117 - I'm talking 325-328 or 225-228) are obstructed because of the wiring hanging down which would block your view of the main stage at points depending on where the band is, as well as when they are on the e-stage, the screen itself the higher up you are.

You will still get a hell of a view of the physical band on the stage from 117 - and there are also 'end' screens I've just learned because you won't see the main one as well. The main one has some other effects which you'll miss (without going into spoilers) but you'll see 'video' of this on the side screens.

Last edited:
Yeah, ignore everything I just said in this post, that was me posting Madison Square Garden vs. Montreal lol.

Attachments

• $39207525EEEF4679.jpg
    $39207525EEEF4679.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 63931s.gif
    63931s.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
This is definitely the U2 camp's fault, in terms of Red Zone placement. However, the SAP Center (San Jose) seating chart had the correct stage layout since the day of the tour announcement. No clue why Ticketmaster or any other ticketing service couldn't do the same.

So if you actually look closer at both, they are correct and the same. The main stage still spans 115-123 on both, it's just that 111-115 are on the top of the StubHub with the stage on the right, and 111-115 are at the BOTTOM of the Evenko site with the stage on the left. Same thing exactly, one is just 'upside down if you will but it's the same! 115 is still 115, on "Edge's Side" the main stage.

None of these have ever been flipped. I absolutely agree that Ticketmaster should have had their shit together with both stages drawn on in the beginning, but your seats are priced accordingly. When the band is on the b-stage they look more toward the catwalk than they do toward the 'back', just like they do when they're on the main stage.

The Stubhub chart is for Montreal - couldn't hotlink Evenko's but you will see Evenko has the older version and opposite configuration https://wroom.centrebell.ca/eventShopperV3.html?lang=en&preFill=1&skin=evenko&wr=63bd63d9-65fc-44af-8caf-00bb6c9c3303&_ga=1.6896049.2091373770.1432054076. The other TM chart I posted was for MSG.

I think the Evenko chart is correct, and StubHub has it backwards. Just perusing other concert setups shows the main stage at Bell Centre is always at the 107 end - so the U2 main stage should be at the same end to allow the load-in/load-out to occur as usual. Arenas can't just move loading docks from one end of the building to the other. :)

You were right - Stubhub fixed their chart and flipped it back again, so everything is as it was before.

For the Chicago concert I have a choice of sitting in Section 120 or Section 107, does anyone have an opinion as to which section would be best?

Anybody know if the chart for Boston on stunhub is correct? Trying to figure out where to buy seats. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom