Chicago Seating Chart - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-01-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
Babyface
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC/NNJ
Posts: 5
Local Time: 11:13 PM
Chicago Seating Chart

So up until yesterday Ticketmaster had the Main Stage right near section 110 at the United Center in Chicago and NOW Today they switched ends!! WTF

I orginally have purchased seats in section 117 so I would have a staright away view and now that section is directly behind the stage? Has anyone else noticed this before? Can I do anything about it with ticket master??
__________________

KPB1576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:53 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,620
Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB1576 View Post
So up until yesterday Ticketmaster had the Main Stage right near section 110 at the United Center in Chicago and NOW Today they switched ends!! WTF

I orginally have purchased seats in section 117 so I would have a staright away view and now that section is directly behind the stage? Has anyone else noticed this before? Can I do anything about it with ticket master??
Soooo unfortunately you misread the seating chart.

This is the original Ticketmaster diagram...



And this is the new diagram...



You unfortunately mistook what was labeled as the red zones for being the main stage.

I have to imagine that if you look at your tickets and receipts they will say rear stage and/or obstructed view.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:44 PM   #3
The Fly
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 37
Local Time: 11:13 PM
They have done the same thing with Montreal!! My seats are now rear view...NOT happy.
gocolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:58 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,620
Local Time: 11:13 PM
No. They didn't. Meow.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:01 AM   #5
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 91
Local Time: 03:13 AM
The organization of ticket sales in December was a disaster.

I imagine that many people will claim refund of tickets.
alexvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:25 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
KUEFC09U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 8,360
Local Time: 03:13 AM
As far as I can see main stage layout hasn't changed? The red zones where initially intended to be by the e stage If I remember correctly


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
KUEFC09U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:54 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 28,965
Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Meow.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:56 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 28,965
Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUEFC09U2 View Post
As far as I can see main stage layout hasn't changed? The red zones where initially intended to be by the e stage If I remember correctly


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Correct. Main stage has not moved, it is at the end it is always at in every venue they are playing. The Red Zone location has moved from by the B stage to by the main stage.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:12 AM   #9
Babyface
 
BonoBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Local Time: 11:13 PM
I have been a lurker here forever. I have learned so much( Thank You!!!) ....including the staging change!!! I have tickets for July 7 in Toronto. After reading the other comments, I checked TM to find the stage has changed there too!! I have sec 121 which was beside the main stage , Edge's side but now we are by Stage B. Not sure whether I should be bummed or excited!!! I feel we should have been advised by TM.


Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference
BonoBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:31 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 28,965
Local Time: 11:13 PM
The stage has not changed. Your tickets were always by the B stage, the only change is the Red Zone has been moved from by the B stage to by the main stage. Look at the end stage layout for any other show at ACC. the stage is between 110 and 117, thats where the main stage is, and always was for U2.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:21 AM   #11
Babyface
 
BonoBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
The stage has not changed. Your tickets were always by the B stage, the only change is the Red Zone has been moved from by the B stage to by the main stage. Look at the end stage layout for any other show at ACC. the stage is between 110 and 117, thats where the main stage is, and always was for U2.

Thanks for setting me straight!! For the longest time I have been wishing we were closer to B stage!! We were already there😊


Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference
BonoBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:27 AM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Edgette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: White Sox Country
Posts: 11,700
Local Time: 10:13 PM
I don't mind this at all. I thought I was going to be looking down at the "e" stage as well with seats in section 326 for Chicago 1. But now I'll be looking down at the main stage which won't be too bad at all.
Edgette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #13
Babyface
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC/NNJ
Posts: 5
Local Time: 11:13 PM
So I Just double checked my tickets in sec 117 in Chicago and nowhere does it say behind the stage or obstructed view,... But it does say $275! Looks like a change to me.
Of course Ticketmaster did not have an image of the the B Stage or the main stage in its original map, so you could argue either way
KPB1576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #14
War Child
 
beershack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 668
Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB1576 View Post
So I Just double checked my tickets in sec 117 in Chicago and nowhere does it say behind the stage or obstructed view,... But it does say $275! Looks like a change to me.
Of course Ticketmaster did not have an image of the the B Stage or the main stage in its original map, so you could argue either way
That sucks - got the same exact seats for MSG for $86
beershack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #15
War Child
 
Hawkmoon269's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Lalaloopsy land
Posts: 928
Local Time: 10:13 PM
We did have the SAP Center map, that showed that the red zones where by the 'e' stage (originally).
__________________

Hawkmoon269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com