Bonos voice highlights on iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
Please post high notes here.

Higher on Even Better The The Real Thing is alot better this tour 3.32 in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi18I-RDKI4&feature=youtu.be&t=3m32s

Powerful Electric Cooooooooooooooo 5.08 in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbpzEWWc6Zc&feature=youtu.be&t=5m8s

The whole song of the first performence of WLCTT this tour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bcmvLrZ8AY#t=23

Iris, he have hit the note night after night... 3.24 in this video
https://youtu.be/HXqNbEkpzx4?t=3m24s

He is in very good shape this tour, the only negative thing is that he seems to hold it back on the songs sometimes(might be to spare the voice through the tour :) )
A few examples is Desire (Oh sister), Bad (Wide Awake) and Vertigo (Feel).

A few examples is Desire (Oh sister), Bad (Wide Awake) and Vertigo (Feel).

I knew this post will appear sooner or later :) I´m happy Bono doesn´t overuses his voice so much like in the past and he sings in more clever way. As long as it is not lazy mumbling, atrocious phrasing or inserting speeches in every other song.

Sounding great in except for the occasional struggle in Bad and Sweetest Thing for me. I'm sure this has a big bearing on which songs are played as well. Singing vocally demanding songs like Please or Gone is probably too much for his voice to handle at this stage.

Bad is much more demanding from his voice than Please and also a little more demanding than Gone.

Yeah and it's probably the song causing him the most trouble on tour so far. No way to know for sure of course, but I just think the high/falsetto part on Please would be quite the struggle.

I saw three of the Chicago shows (1, 2, and 5) and thought he sounded really good. We were told he was sick the first day, but I don't think it affected his vocals. During the first 1/3 of the show, I thought he seemed a bit disconnected, like he was just performing stuff he rehearsed and looking *over* people, but I think he loosened up. It wasn't bad by any means, just not the Bono I'd grown used to. Chicago 2 was my favorite of the 3 shows we saw, much better energy and interaction from Bono and better crowd. On our way home after that show, we were listening to Slane from Elevation and both thought that Bono's vocals sounded better for the two concerts we just saw.

I was in the balcony for Montreal1 and I almost cried during WOWY. It was so good, even from the nosebleeds! And BOS1 was unbelievable in general. I kept turning to my friend saying "Bono sounds unbelievable!!"

Boston was realy good also, he finally have start to care about the song again :)

The only thing I can complain about this tour, is that he hold back a bit on a few songs. Why dosnt he bother to hit Feel in Vertigo, Wide Awake in Bad, Oh Sister in Desire? He has the power...
Vertigo isnt Vertigo with Feel and Bad isnt Bad without Wike Awake...

Agree - he's holding back to keep his voice through the tour - it's too bad as that's what makes U2 special - the emotional pull in his voice during lovetown was awesome but age catches up at some point I suppose. I'm seeing them 2x in London so will see how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I dont get what people some are talking about. I think Bono is sounding the best he has in 20 years. He sounds the most like he did during the late 80's. Sure he as a couple of nights off but he has held up better than any recent tour. All together he voice is stronger, richer and way more explosive, plus he has managed to hold onto his falsetto (i know its his 2000s falsetto but still). He sounds great to me?

Listen to with or without you from Stockholm from 1:20 - 1:35 -

I dont get what people some are talking about. I think Bono is sounding the best he has in 20 years. He sounds the most like he did during the late 80's. Sure he as a couple of nights off but he has held up better than any recent tour. All together he voice is stronger, richer and way more explosive, plus he has managed to hold onto his falsetto (i know its his 2000s falsetto but still). He sounds great to me?

Listen to with or without you from Stockholm from 1:20 - 1:35 -

Agree 100%.

After seeing 5 shows in person and watching my share of YouTube videos, he is consistently sounding very strong!

The raw power is there even when he is struggling, just as it was in the late 80s.

It's not as smooth as his Zoo TV or 360 voice, but the power and passion and range of the 80s is back.

I know that's not a popular thing to say around here, but I can't un hear what I've heard.

I just listened to the Cologne 2 show from 10/18.

Spot on for their longest show ever.

Belting out RBW, Streets, Pride, Bad, WOWY.

I could go on, but just listen to anything from that night.

I was speechless from thousands of miles away listening with my little headphones.

Back
Top Bottom