Billboard: Arthur Forgel talks about u2, iNNOCENCE+eXPERIENCE tour, and etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He mentions that 99% of tickets have been sold. Some around here have commented that sales are "slower" for this tour but perhaps that isn't the case.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

He mentions that 99% of tickets have been sold. Some around here have commented that sales are "slower" for this tour but perhaps that isn't the case.

Actually, as U2 arena tours tend to sell out the day tickets go on sale in most venues, this comment actually proves that ticket sales are slower.

Fwiw, they're slower across the board and not just for U2.

But yes, it's surprising that 100% weren't gone within the first day or two. they'll eventually get to 100% I'm sure, but sales are certainly slower.

Plus this is undoubtedly the un-coolest/most hated U2 have ever been. Hell, a number of people here seem to think that the band are an embarrassment/a caricature of their former selves now. The outrcy over the Apple release really did the band's public perception no favor. And to top it all off, Bono's injury meant they never even got a chance to promote the album/tour.

As someone who loved Songs of Innocence, and who doesn't give a flying fuck about what's considered hip or cool, I couldn't care less about any of this. But I do feel bad for the band. Their music got overshadowed by the release method, and they couldn't even do a promo tour to try and win some of the naysayers over. Just bad luck all around.

But that's all in the past now, time to bring on the tour! :hyper:

There has been a significant amount of negativity in the media around this cycle.
It’s funny, because the most annoying thing I deal with is people who write about the live business and don’t have a f---ing clue what they’re writing about. It’s like people always want to look at some negative bullshit and not dive into what's the truth, particularly in the blog world. It’s not about fact-checking, it’s about steering an agenda. I suppose it comes with the territory -- when you’re the biggest and the best, you’re more of a target -- but it’s such a silly thing when you’ve sold 99.9 percent of the tickets, averaging over 16,000 per show, 1 million tickets, just crazy numbers. You’re talking about levels of business that most acts don’t see in a career, let alone one leg of a tour. It’s so ridiculous that it can be frustrating. My world isn’t about spin, my world is about facts, and the facts say it’s a home run.

"Arthur Fogel"

Mega-Tour Svengali Arthur Fogel on Tackling U2 and Madonna, Ticket Pricing and Live Nation | Billboard

Alright, who here pissed Fogel off?

The average possible capacity of the venues on this tour are higher than 16,000, even if some seats are not sold because of production sightlines.

Vancouver is "sold out" yet there are dozen of fresh concert posters advertising the show. There are primo Vancouver drop seats on TM that have been there for 3 days now.

Vancouver is no longer shown as sold out on the u2.com website.

It seems like there have been multiple ticket-drops.
And I somehow have the feeling that previously unsold high-priced seats were first pulled from TM to Stubhub and are now moved back from Stubhub to TM.

And I somehow have the feeling that previously unsold high-priced seats were first pulled from TM to Stubhub and are now moved back from Stubhub to TM.

Welcome to Oseary/Madonna World.

Her tours also have the same tickets have face value price changes in the week before the show, sometimes hourly. Might happen for U2 with those $300 nosebleeds in LA or London that still need moving.

I just hope they sell because the last time I checked there were a LOT of tickets available in the lower bowl and it will look pretty lame if huge protions of sections are empty.

Perhaps this is a good opportunity for ticketless fans? Would they give the tickets away minutes before the show to ensure there are butts in every seat?

I just hope they sell because the last time I checked there were a LOT of tickets available in the lower bowl and it will look pretty lame if huge protions of sections are empty.

They move fans to fill unsold lower section seats. This is common, and has happened before with U2, Madonna, and many other acts.

Sad but to be honest SOI and NLOTH are poor albums.

Sent from my SM-N910F using U2 Interference mobile app

Soi isn't a poor album

Woops. IMO. I should say I'm travelling 5000miles to see them in Vancouver and I'm a massive fan,just my opinion though. I still love them to death! :)

Woops. IMO. I should say I'm travelling 5000miles to see them in Vancouver and I'm a massive fan,just my opinion though. I still love them to death! :)

Hopefully songs connect live then

Back
Top Bottom