Best show since ZooTV - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 06:18 PM
Best show since ZooTV

I've seen every U2 show from ZooTV on and I have to say, the I+E show is the best since ZooTV. Better than 360.

I've been trying to figure out why and I think it's the story of the band (along with the video) and the band's energy. I just saw them in LA and they looked like they were 20-year-olds. Jumping, running, dancing with crowd. Also, Bono's voice is the best it's been in years.

And I'm one to be fairly critical of U2 (when deserved) but I have to say, they're bringing it on this tour. Not bad for a bunch of old farts. Bravo, guys.

ps-If you're on the fence about going to a show (doubt it if you're on this site) do yourself a favor and go. It's an incredible experience.

wolfwill23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:18 AM

Yeah, for all the setlist complaints, I love seeing so many people coming back from the shows and saying "I had SUCH a blast." Even if they still might nitpick the setlists, they are not complaining about the show/performance they saw.

corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
Refugee

From what I´ve seen the best were 360 later legs when they mixed the things up and when they played unrealesed tracks, only complain is they almost gave up on promoting NLOTH
thavidesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #4
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavidesco View Post
From what I´ve seen the best were 360 later legs when they mixed the things up and when they played unrealesed tracks, only complain is they almost gave up on promoting NLOTH
Did you see one of these 360 later leg shows in person?
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #5
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwill23 View Post

ps-If you're on the fence about going to a show (doubt it if you're on this site) do yourself a favor and go. It's an incredible experience.
If they play in Vienna, Budapest, Warsawa or Prague, I will consider going to a show. But if the show setlist remains like it is now, I´m not interested so much. I´m not excited to listen to early stuff, hit warhorses and 6 new songs (3 of it are the weakest ones from the album)
Old 06-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I´m not interested so much. I´m not excited to listen to early stuff, hit warhorses and 6 new songs (3 of it are the weakest ones from the album)
We know.
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:35 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Haha he is off again

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
KUEFC09U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:35 PM   #8
War Child

Quote:
If they play in Vienna, Budapest, Warsawa or Prague, I will consider going to a show. But if the show setlist remains like it is now, I´m not interested so much. I´m not excited to listen to early stuff, hit warhorses and 6 new songs (3 of it are the weakest ones from the album)
You won't regret going but might regret not going. I'm not a huge fan of the new album but the way the stuff is played, with the video etc, it's great.
wolfwill23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:39 PM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Did you see one of these 360 later leg shows in person?
Here we go again.

There is no such a condition for liking or disliking a show. You can have opinion about Slane castle concert based on the DVD, etc. Another example, I bet you also many times in your life commented on a match or some sport event that was broadcasted via TV and you were not there personally.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #10
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:18 AM
Best show I've seen from them in recent times was Anaheim 360 with the heavy Achtung Baby set list. I had a blast this time seeing them but Bono's voice has sounded pretty rough during some parts of this tour (not that it wasn't expected). He is relying more than ever on half singing/speaking songs or having sing-alongs with the crowd. I still love seeing these guys live and I appreciate being able to see them so frequently in my lifetime that I can actually be picky about set-lists and strength of their performance. I'd take a poor U2 show over seeing almost any other band at peak level.
whackjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:42 PM   #11
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Here we go again.

There is no such a condition for liking or disliking a show. You can have opinion about Slane castle concert based on the DVD, etc. Another example, I bet you also many times in your life commented on a match or some sport event that was broadcasted via TV and you were not there personally.
I'll take that as a no, then.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to have an opinion without having seen the show in person, but it certainly does affect how seriously people should take that opinion. Watching/listening to a broadcast of a concert is vastly different from actually being there in person.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #12
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I'll take that as a no, then.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to have an opinion without having seen the show in person, but it certainly does affect how seriously people should take that opinion.
Let people express themselves, please
Old 06-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

LMAO you complete me

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
KUEFC09U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:48 PM   #14
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Am I preventing you from doing so?
Old 06-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #15
War Child

No way is this tour so far close to anything since the ZooTV tour, especially compared to a few months into the 1st arena leg of that tour. I will say some of the confusion and even complaints on the current tour mirror what I heard from some people after the first couple arena shows I saw in '92 but the AB songs and the overall freshness of the production back in 92-93 were *far* superior to the SOI songs this tour. I'd even go so far as to say the 1st leg of the Vertigo tour was far better than what we've seen so far this tour.

Partyslammer is offline   Reply With Quote