Arena OR Stadiums. ..??? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 03:24 AM
Arena OR Stadiums. ..???

After a solid Arena leg now this is coming to an end so if there is a 2016 leg what would you rather Arenas OR Stadiums...???

Gavin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 03:37 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:24 PM
Arenas. Close topic.

Just kidding, but honestly, how could ANYONE prefer stadiums?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #3
The Fly

More tickets would be available for stadiums...???
Old 11-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:24 AM
With U2 I always plan to spend the money/wait in GA line in order to be close, no matter the venue. I do like that with stadiums tickets are easier to get, but arenas have a much better atmosphere, and you also don't have to worry about the weather. I prefer arenas every time, but if a stadium is all I can get, it doesn't really bother me.
The_acrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:35 PM   #5
The Fly

Do you think they will change to stadiums if there is a 2016 that would mean changing the size of stage etc...??

The demand is defo there 4 nights in Dublin they could have easy done 2 more nights

Ive loved this Arena leg its been outstanding loved London #2 them brothers jamming with Edge
Old 11-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #6
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
Arenas. Close topic.

Well, with stadiums you do get a bigger production, a larger crowd and it makes being down in front of the band even more special.
U2Larry54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 06:20 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 09:24 AM
Tickets are easier to get to for stadiums but unless you're in the gold circle back you may as well not bother. As much as I liked 360 tour, seeing them in arenas has been very special
djparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:02 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:24 PM
Arenas - every spot is great, sound is better, weather not an issue, band connect more, more energetic, don't have to line up for 10 hours to see from a good spot = win
dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:34 PM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:24 AM
I'll be close to the stage regardless, so I really don't care... But I am intrigued to see how they could take this stage and translate it to a stadium setting.

Like could thy build a giant, popmart like screen but turn it sideways and allow for the same interaction? That would be a cool thing to see them try
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:24 PM   #10
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I'll be close to the stage regardless, so I really don't care... But I am intrigued to see how they could take this stage and translate it to a stadium setting.

Like could thy build a giant, popmart like screen but turn it sideways and allow for the same interaction? That would be a cool thing to see them try
That would be interesting, but the demand is not there for stadium shows especially on the in the round 360 scale, at least in North America. I think the band are content with this indoor show even if they visit the big markets in Latin America.

Also from the bands perspective, you can book indoor arena shows any time of the year and given the bands state of uncertainty on when next to tour or finish and release the next album, that to some extent makes things more flexible.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:33 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Huh?
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:08 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:24 AM
Fuck stadiums really ... after this tour I don't want nothing alse but arena's.

-The facilities around arena's tend to be better, at least @ the gigs I went to.
-Gigs are more intimate,
-Less people lining up and making a fuss
-And no matter how late you arrive, you always have a cool spot .

At least if they stick with this stage for anything next tour or leg. (which I hope they do)

Getting tickets during general sale was hard / impossible yeah.
But need I remind people that the ticket drops have been so steady this tour. Pretty much everyone whom I met eventually ended up with 99% of the tickets they wanted. Including myself. Thanks to Interference, U2start, Facebook etc.

The fans that are fighting ticket touts these tour have been amazing.

So I really see no disadvantages.
domo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:29 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

U2 practically play stadiums as if their arenas. Plus, like others have said, tickets are easier to get.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:53 PM   #14
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by domo-kun View Post
Fuck stadiums really ... after this tour I don't want nothing alse but arena's.

-The facilities around arena's tend to be better, at least @ the gigs I went to.
-Gigs are more intimate,
-Less people lining up and making a fuss
-And no matter how late you arrive, you always have a cool spot .

At least if they stick with this stage for anything next tour or leg. (which I hope they do)

Getting tickets during general sale was hard / impossible yeah.
But need I remind people that the ticket drops have been so steady this tour. Pretty much everyone whom I met eventually ended up with 99% of the tickets they wanted. Including myself. Thanks to Interference, U2start, Facebook etc.

The fans that are fighting ticket touts these tour have been amazing.

So I really see no disadvantages.
People are having an easier time getting what they want because demand is down. Nearly every Arena show on the Vertigo Tour soldout as fast as tickets could be sold. GA was very difficult to get and you would often have to pay 4 times face value from scalpers if you failed to get it in pre-sale or general sale. The band should have been booked in stadiums for the Vertigo Tour in North America.

There are aspects to stadium shows that are cool, but the demand has to be there for them to do it. The band struggled to sell 28,000 ticket to two arena shows in Denver this year, while on the last tour in Denver in 2011 they sold 80,000 tickets.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:16 AM   #15
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
Arenas. Close topic.

Very easily. Ticket demands.

Stadiums have a MUCH larger floor, so there's far more GA tickets available. I prefer stadiums any freaking time. Plus more railspots = fun too, though on this tour there was a lot of rail for an arena show so that doesn't count this time around.

But still, for GA, Stadiums ftw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Larry54 View Post
People are having an easier time getting what they want because demand is down. Nearly every Arena show on the Vertigo Tour soldout as fast as tickets could be sold. GA was very difficult to get and you would often have to pay 4 times face value from scalpers if you failed to get it in pre-sale or general sale. The band should have been booked in stadiums for the Vertigo Tour in North America.

There are aspects to stadium shows that are cool, but the demand has to be there for them to do it. The band struggled to sell 28,000 ticket to two arena shows in Denver this year, while on the last tour in Denver in 2011 they sold 80,000 tickets.
Lol, the demand may be down in the US but not where Domo is from. Here the 4 arena shows sold out within mere minutes. We got our tickets for the last two shows the day and week before the actual shows in ticket drops.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote