Are these the added dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teta040

Refugee
I just checked U2.com and I see 2 more shows each listed for Montreal, Boston, Chicago, and NY. Interestingly, each is listed as also having a presale.

"Overwhelming demand.." Yeah right, like you folks didn't know that was going to happen...like duh.

At least those who want GA's and didn't get them in the presale now have a chance. As well as people like me, who are better prepared this time, and were hoping for delayed added shows...

"Overwhelming demand.." Yeah right, like you folks didn't know that was going to happen...like duh.

At least those who want GA's and didn't get them in the presale now have a chance. As well as people like me, who are better prepared this time, and were hoping for delayed added shows...

:lol: so true. It was figured out long ago exactly where and pretty much when they were going to add the extra dates. I understand they need to wait to see if the actual demand is there but it sucks. If they'd release tickets for ALL the shows at the same time the demand wouldn't be freakishly out of control and more people would be able to get the tickets they want. Then again maybe it just means they could fuck everyone over all at once and line the pockets of scalpers basically right in front of our faces.

:lol: so true. It was figured out long ago exactly where and pretty much when they were going to add the extra dates. I understand they need to wait to see if the actual demand is there but it sucks. If they'd release tickets for ALL the shows at the same time the demand wouldn't be freakishly out of control and more people would be able to get the tickets they want. Then again maybe it just means they could fuck everyone over all at once and line the pockets of scalpers basically right in front of our faces.

Well this fucks things up for scalpers actually, now they have to dump prices at these venues.

It was figured out long ago exactly where and pretty much when they were going to add the extra dates. I understand they need to wait to see if the actual demand is there.

I wonder if LA doesn't get the extra dates they were planning on, could they have a hold on 1 or 2 arena's elsewhere?

My thoughts exactly. :lol: Bunch of bullcrap pretending there would be no disastrous demand in Amsterdam and New York with only 2 dates.

Though it's nice I now only have to focus on 2 dates instead of four. This sale date will be slightly quieter than the first as there won't be as many people wanting to go to all four shows. So a bunch of people that got tickets for the first two dates will be gone.

No London??????all 4 are sold out aswell

I'm surprised by that, but they could still be announced later. Barcelona's first two go on sale today, with a space (and almost certainly demand) for two extras to be announced tomorrow. Maybe they'll announce extra Barcelona and London shows at once.

I won't be shocked if there are still a handful of extra dates to come in the US either, especially two more in New York to bring its total to eight. Incidentally, if there ARE eight New York shows, it will equal the record for most U2 shows in one city on the same tour (Sydney, Lovetown) and beat the record for the most consecutive U2 shows in one city (seven in Melbourne, Lovetown; the eight in Sydney were in non-consecutive blocks of three, two, and three).

In case anybody is wondering, here are the remaining gaps where extra shows could be announced - sticking rigidly to the two days on/two days off pattern.

After 4x LA: 3, 4, 8, 9 June
After 4x Montreal: 20, 21 June (could be used for Chicago rather than Montreal)
After 4x Chicago: 2, 3 July (could be used for Toronto rather than Chicago)
After 6x NYC: 30, 31 July
After 2x Barcelona: 9, 10 October (the first two shows have only gone on sale today, hence any extras not being added in this announcement)
After 2x Cologne: 21, 22 October
After 4x London: 2, 3 November

There is also, of course, room after 4x Paris but previous rumours suggested the total amount of shows there would be four. They could also keep going into August in NYC but rumours suggest the residency is limited to 18-31 July.

They could also squeeze in two more Berlin dates to bring its total to six if they were willing to have one rest period only a day long rather than two days long.

You might want to change NY's 2 to 4. :wink:

:tongue: True, true. But you get the point anyway. :wink: Everybody knew beforehand there would be extra shows.

What intrigues me, though, is that ALL shows are in pairs back to back. With the added shows there's a couple day rest, but the new shows are again back to back. There has to be something going on with that. One date innocence, one date experience? :hmm:

I really wish they would announce Dublin already, even just the dates.

What intrigues me, though, is that ALL shows are in pairs back to back. With the added shows there's a couple day rest, but the new shows are again back to back. There has to be something going on with that. One date innocence, one date experience? :hmm:

And how different, if it all will the second pair of Innocence and Experience dates be to the others? :hmm:

Yes exactly that. It really has me wondering what they are planning.

If they do 1 show with hits, 1 with rare songs, people will be pissed if they end up on the first night. :lol: Eh, I don't care as I'll probably go to all four anyway. It'll be interesting to see, as long as it won't be 1 night acoustic. :sad:

They already flagged this. From the original announcement:

“We are going to try to have a completely different feeling from night one to night two,” said Bono, “and have some fun playing with the idea of innocence and experience. More to be revealed!”

I always interpreted that to refer to each pair, i.e. first and third nights will be similar, second and fourth nights similar.

By the way, I do not think the first/second night difference will be hits/rarities or electric/acoustic. The band themselves in interviews in September discussed this and said that if they did something like that, they would have to make it VERY clear to fans before tickets go on sale. At this stage nothing of the sort has been indicated, and you know there will be a lot of fans raising hell if they suddenly discover their ticket is to a form of show they don't want.

I expect that whatever the variation is, every night will have a sufficient number of hits to keep casuals happy, some deep cuts for hardcore fans, and an acoustic section.

I'm surprised by that, but they could still be announced later. Barcelona's first two go on sale today, with a space (and almost certainly demand) for two extras to be announced tomorrow. Maybe they'll announce extra Barcelona and London shows at once.

I won't be shocked if there are still a handful of extra dates to come in the US either, especially two more in New York to bring its total to eight. Incidentally, if there ARE eight New York shows, it will equal the record for most U2 shows in one city on the same tour (Sydney, Lovetown) and beat the record for the most consecutive U2 shows in one city (seven in Melbourne, Lovetown; the eight in Sydney were in non-consecutive blocks of three, two, and three).

U2 already played NYC eight times in 2005: 5/21, 10/7, 10/8, 10,10, 10/11, 10/14, 11/21, 11/22.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I understand the commercial logic behind this approach, but it does out fans like us (rather than casual fans) in a difficult position. I have tickets for the first Amsterdam show but not the second, and I've already booked my flights and hotel so I'm somewhat limited in terms of the new brace of concerts. If those four shows had been up from the start I would have been able to take a more measured approach.

As has been said above, I hope the additional dates depress the prices these tickets are going for in the secondary market.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

U2 already played NYC eight times in 2005: 5/21, 10/7, 10/8, 10,10, 10/11, 10/14, 11/21, 11/22.

A good point, though I meant same leg and wasn't clear about that.

You can get even longer runs if you add nearby shows too, e.g. adding East Rutherford to the mix.

I understand the commercial logic behind this approach, but it does out fans like us (rather than casual fans) in a difficult position. I have tickets for the first Amsterdam show but not the second, and I've already booked my flights and hotel so I'm somewhat limited in terms of the new brace of concerts. If those four shows had been up from the start I would have been able to take a more measured approach.

As has been said above, I hope the additional dates depress the prices these tickets are going for in the secondary market.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

:up:

tricky for the Paris dates too - the added dates on the weekend would have been really practical instead of the weekday night - too late now though lol

So now I'm wondering if I buy another fan club membership for the code will my tickets be canceled because they are from the same household as the tickets I bought in the previous presale??? Why is this so difficult?

I wonder if there will be a 2nd wave of new shows added this time next week?

What other gaps were there,i know of the two in london and toronto but what else is there?

So now I'm wondering if I buy another fan club membership for the code will my tickets be canceled because they are from the same household as the tickets I bought in the previous presale??? Why is this so difficult?

I was thinking about doing this for london if there any more added.

I was going to get my dad to sign up and get some but then how will i get in without him going?

it's one membership per household so yes they probably will cancel them

I can actually get on the presale this time. Last time they gave me no notice, and I didn't have the cash to fork over. I'm not going to be shutout this time!

6 shows at msg? Has this ever happened? I wonder if set list duration is going to go down.

it's one membership per household so yes they probably will cancel them

Zoo forum has a thread dedicated to this exact thing, they did cancel orders for this. Lots of angry people. Don't risk it.

Back
Top Bottom